Sign in to follow this  
science

“Possible link” between Astrazeneca vaccine & rare blood clot

Gagz4Gaga
Posted (edited)

So.. last month I got my first shot of the AZ vaccine and waiting for the second one this May. The next several weeks will be so much fun. :zilla:

Edited by Gagz4Gaga
nostalgia’s for geeks

spector
Posted (edited)

i got my first shot yesterday, the first 24 hours were rough, feeling better now :fatcat: 

Edited by spector
stella + elliot = stelliot
  • Love 1

Lumiere
1 minute ago, spector said:

i got my first shot yesterday, the first 24 hours was rough, feeling better now :fatcat: 

what did you feel? are you totally okay now?

If you don't have any shadows, you're not standing in the LIGHT.
  • Love 1

tomsches

Got my first 3 weeks ago and didn't feel anything. Looking forward to my second.

• Like 1

thatfoxyfeeling

I hate all this fearmongering over the vaccines. :oprah:

• Thanks 3

Gagz4Gaga
2 minutes ago, spector said:

i got my first shot yesterday, the first 24 hours was rough, feeling better now :fatcat: 

Me too. I got body aches, chills, fever and headache. Just really general feeling of being tired. Took paracetamol twice a day and felt back to normal after the 3rd day. You will be fine. :hug:

nostalgia’s for geeks
  • Love 1

Living
Posted (edited)

If you are under 30, it’s actually more likely you will get a blood clot/be harmed from this Vaccine then be in ICU with Covid. 

If you can, stay away from the Oxford Vaccine and get the others friends ❤️

Edited by Living

TheSlash

Got mine roughly 2 weeks ago and except for my usual reactions to vaccinations I'm doing fine :lana: . Here in Germany they advise people under the age of 60 to get a different vaccine, even if you already had your first one with AstraZeneca :neyde: . Never in my life will I get vaccinated with two different vaccines, especially when they work completely different :madge: .

An original mess since 1995

Living
10 minutes ago, tomsches said:

Got my first 3 weeks ago and didn't feel anything. Looking forward to my second.

Glad you feel good, however this is nothing to do with if the vaccine hurt you/you got ill when you got it. 

it’s the long term risk posed to those under 30 where is may well be more dangerous then getting Covid. 

River

at this point I'll take any risk

I'd rather be dead but I guess I'm alive ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Like 1

flyaway

I don't know what are they waiting to stop the use of this vaccine until they can solve whatever is causing the clots. More people will die in the process. 

Thrombosis is not a joke guys. 

• Like 1

Gagz4Gaga
1 minute ago, TheSlash said:

Got mine roughly 2 weeks ago and except for my usual reactions to vaccinations I'm doing fine :lana: . Here in Germany they advise people under the age of 60 to get a different vaccine, even if you already had your first one with AstraZeneca :neyde: . Never in my life will I get vaccinated with two different vaccines, especially when they work completely different :madge: .

I’m actually thinking of getting the mRNA one when it’s available in my country. I also got the AZ because it’s available, I didn’t have much choice. The covid response in my country is so butchered and I desperately need a vaccine, whichever is being readily offered. :selena:

nostalgia’s for geeks

Anderson123

My parents are getting the AstraZeneca vaccine this friday and it's the only one I had my doubts about because of these articles but it's very rare that these things happen. They got covid back in October and are ok thankfully but at this point, better to be protected.

• Like 1

Marjol

I've heard it affects young women in particular. 

Also I read a news articile today about how all side effects of vaccines were published combining all genders and not grouped in Male or female. 

Very disappointing since I know the female body was often ignored in medical science and I didn't expect it to be the case this time, but here we go again. Gender bias in medical research is very real and putting women's health at risk. 

According to Gaga I'm a ****ing rad bitch
  • Like 1