Sign in to follow this  
politics

Texas bans COVID-19 vaccine passports

Morphine Prince

• LMAO 2
  • Sad 3

bionic

I wonder if the Republicans will try and 'cancel' any private companies that require it by their own decision. 

buy bionic
  • Like 1

Karl
Posted (edited)

America is literally the land of Karens. Protect your own don't think about anyone else and get offended when you have to do something to protect the wider community :saladga:

Edited by Karl
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Andreu

Yesss!!1!11!! Freedom!!!11!!!11!

before there was love there was silence

Reality

Can someone tell me what are the "pros" of this? If any? Cause I remember in the other thread where Florida banned the COVID vaccine passports, there were quite a number of people who said it was a good idea. I don't see how this is a good idea at all...

𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝒮𝒸𝒶𝓇𝓁𝑒𝓉 𝒲𝒾𝓉𝒸𝒽 ᱬ // GOᗪ Oᖴ ᗰIᔕᑕᕼIEᖴ ४ // 𝕊𝕠𝕣𝕔𝕖𝕣𝕖𝕣 𝕊𝕦𝕡𝕣𝕖𝕞𝕖 ۞

homomo

Can someone please explain why right-wing/conservative Americans are basically bred to not care about anyone else other than the people they have personal relationships with?

Like sure, this is common across many conservative backgrounds around the world. But no where is as extreme as the US population.

• Like 2

HEARTSTOP
8 minutes ago, Reality said:

Can someone tell me what are the "pros" of this? If any? Cause I remember in the other thread where Florida banned the COVID vaccine passports, there were quite a number of people who said it was a good idea. I don't see how this is a good idea at all...

I'm not sure what's the case in the US, but before covid, there were already vaccination "passports" in place to travel to certain countries, specially in the southern hemisphere. I don't see why covid should be different.

When it comes to being vaccinated in order to access common restaurants/markets/workplaces, I'm more on the fence. No one should be obligated to get vaccinated just to access basic services, even if I think they really really should vaccinate themselves.

Send nudes
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Franch Toast

Let me get this straight: A bakery doesn't want to make a cake for a same-sex wedding? Private business, let them do as they wish, freedom of religion, blah blah blah. Meanwhile, a private business wants to keep its employees and patrons safe and require proof of vaccination/negative covid test? "Don't tread on our personal freedoms." They only care about the freedoms of straight, white, cisgender, wealthy Christian men, plus the freedom to be super spreaders. 

She/Her/Hers
  • Thanks 6

HuffsAhoy

This is the perfect example of conservatives creating and responding to a problem that literally doesn't exist :smh: 

Rain on Me
  • Like 1

Reality
26 minutes ago, HEARTSTOP said:

I'm not sure what's the case in the US, but before covid, there were already vaccination "passports" in place to travel to certain countries, specially in the southern hemisphere. I don't see why covid should be different.

When it comes to being vaccinated in order to access common restaurants/markets/workplaces, I'm more on the fence. No one should be obligated to get vaccinated just to access basic services, even if I think they really really should vaccinate themselves.

I guess I just differ with that opinion. 

I think people should be obligated to get vaccinated, even if it's to access basic services. I mean, it's free and it helps to stop the spread when we're already a year+ in a global pandemic. COVID may never go away, but people need to do their part in making sure that we elimate as much of this virus as possible. If the incentive is them not being able to access certain goods and services, then okay. 

The problem is that this affects more than just the individual. If COVID wasn't as contagious and it only affected the person who was infected, then fine, don't get vaccinated, but the fact that it is so contagious makes it more than just a one-person issue.

• Like 1

RAMROD

Republican states are doing this to protect their antivaxx white evangelical members, so don't ever think for a second this was for the greater good. They don't care about you. :giggle:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ やれやれだわ (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
  • Like 1

HEARTSTOP
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Reality said:

I guess I just differ with that opinion. 

I think people should be obligated to get vaccinated, even if it's to access basic services. I mean, it's free and it helps to stop the spread when we're already a year+ in a global pandemic. COVID may never go away, but people need to do their part in making sure that we elimate as much of this virus as possible. If the incentive is them not being able to access certain goods and services, then okay. 

The problem is that this affects more than just the individual. If COVID wasn't as contagious and it only affected the person who was infected, then fine, don't get vaccinated, but the fact that it is so contagious makes it more than just a one-person issue.

I understand that, but vaccination is mostly for self-protection (although they are still trying to see if it's effective in stopping spread, seems good in the first tests for Pfizer at least).

And I agree that some services should be locked behind a vaccination wall (health-sensitive jobs, traveling, etc) but not basic services like markets, food services and jobs that don't involve a lot of people or health-sensitive tasks.

In conclusion, I want all people to be conscious enough to get vaccination to ease the healthcare services' workload. But I don't want it to be mandatory by law as a wall locking basic services behind it because it opens up doors for other government/corporation control strategies.

Edited by HEARTSTOP
Send nudes

Reality
1 minute ago, HEARTSTOP said:

I understand that, but vaccination is mostly for self-protection (although they are still trying to see if it's effective in stopping spread, seems good in the first tests for Pfizer at least).

And I agree that some services should be locked behind a vaccination wall (health-sensitive jobs, traveling, etc) but not basic services like markets, food services and jobs that don't involve a lot of people or health-sensitive tasks.

Well, but self-protection helps to stop the spread even further. If you are vaccinated, then that means you have a harder time catching the viruses, which means that you are even less likely to spread it. 

I think as long as those basic services have good social distancing/mask rules, then it should be fine for the most part. But I'm just also not opposed to them asking for vaccine passports. 

HEARTSTOP
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Reality said:

Well, but self-protection helps to stop the spread even further. If you are vaccinated, then that means you have a harder time catching the viruses, which means that you are even less likely to spread it. 

I think as long as those basic services have good social distancing/mask rules, then it should be fine for the most part. But I'm just also not opposed to them asking for vaccine passports. 

Ok I think you get it as a general thing, but vaccination doesn't make you not catch the virus. It makes it so your body can fight the virus and not allow it to cause severe symptoms after catching it.

Edited by HEARTSTOP
Send nudes

Mister G
Posted (edited)

COVID exposing people and their stances on what's right versus wrong per usual.

Regardless of who they're trying to appease to or disenfranchise, we cannot control what other people do with the information let alone the actions they take. All we can do is be mature enough to control how we respond to these situations. That's it, because at the end of the day every single one of us is going to end up doing whatever we want to do whether someone may consider it responsible or acceptable or neither.

Edited by Mister G