💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

The Contradiction of 'Music Not the Bling'

Jill

Featured Posts

Chlorine Sevigny
44 minutes ago, Jill said:

The lyric is not "Music-related profits, not the bling". It is about music itself, not the promotion of it.

Right but profit is bling. 

So if we are going with your argument, Gaga would only release music on a free soundcloud. 

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FFXIV WhiteMage
Just now, PussPuss said:

So if we are going with your argument, Gaga would only release music on a free soundcloud. 

My interpretation is that she’ll make music that speaks for her art and not just any music that is catered to generate money. 

for example is Jason Derulo’s Savage Love and Drake’s Toosie Slide. They specifically crafted those tracks in order to appeal to the GP despite having zero soul in the music itself. Just mindless bops. 

lilboyblue

What I hear Gaga saying is that selling perfumes and what not is the part she doesn't enjoy about the music business, because she's more passionate about the music than the money... BUT she realizes there are things she needs to do.

I think you guys are taking that phrase wayyyy to literally and frankly out of context.

Jill
3 minutes ago, PussPuss said:

As I said on the post, arguably music is her sitting down to write a song. That act alone accomplishes the 'music' part, whether she decides to release it or not. Now, if she releases it, then it can be free or not, but any part of the music itself that is not music, like profits, is bling.

This was an official message from the Office of the First Lady.

COOOK

This phrase is more divisive than "love it when you call me legs, in the morning buy me eggs", or the upgraded version tbh :neyde:

Anyway Mr. @shealreadydone -

Chlorine Sevigny
3 minutes ago, lilboyblue said:

What I hear Gaga saying is that selling perfumes and what not is the part she doesn't enjoy about the music business, because she's more passionate about the music than the money... BUT she realizes there are things she needs to do.

I think you guys are taking that phrase wayyyy to literally and frankly out of context.

Hmm interesting. Maybe we can interpret it as the MUSIC she makes is not for the bling. But the perfume, makeup, oreos, etc she makes ARE for the bling. 

giphy.gif

Chlorine Sevigny
4 minutes ago, Jill said:

As I said on the post, arguably music is her sitting down to write a song. That act alone accomplishes the 'music' part, whether she decides to release it or not. Now, if she releases it, then it can be free or not, but any part of the music itself that is not music, like profits, is bling.

I think I'm following. So the fact the music exists, period, is satisfying the "music" part, and everything else could be considered bling? 

giphy.gif

Jill
Just now, PussPuss said:

I think I'm following. So the fact the music exists, period, is satisfying the "music" part, and everything else could be considered bling? 

giphy.gif

Yes but as I said, there's nothing wrong with the bling per se, what's wrong is fans contradicting themselves and citing the quote while mixing up the two. Gaga's duty toward the quote is already accomplished when she releases music.

This was an official message from the Office of the First Lady.

lilboyblue

You guys ask ANY creative worth their salt and you will get the same version of that phrase repeated. It's not unique to Gaga. But these artists all know that simply creating art is not enough to make it in the business.

Expecting Gaga to be a purist and simply ignore these truths to satisfy your imagined criteria that ONLY music un-related to sponsorships are legitimate artistic expressions, is plain silly.

The woman is creating mind-blowing photoshoots, imagining universes, branching out into acting, sculptures... and you still doubt her integrity as an artist. If anything it's admirable to me that even though some projects are brand tie-ins, the Haus still gets a lot of creative control. And that's respect that she's being given.

Of course, you get duds like the Oreos here and there, but at least those benefit her foundation or spread a bigger message.

Gaga911chroma
41 minutes ago, chromaticarth said:

My biggest "problem" with advertising is not that her sold out, but that there is only something creative if they pay.

SL APPLE

ROM Adobe

911 LG

FW?Babylon? DP

It is not about the products or what she is selling, but that she does not care enough to pay for something of her own, she only does things if they are paying. Nor does it look like the woman who believed in her vision so much that she paid G.U.Y out of her own pocket 

So you don’t believe artists should be paid for their work? Art is only valid if you finance it completely by yourself? I’m struggling to understand your point here, artists need to make money too

Mother of Puppies

I'm just asking myself: What is so bad about wanting to make money? We all want & need money for our work. Why should anyone work for free? And if she feels like she needs to do ads with companies, so she can earn money with it, since both parties profit from it, what is wrong with that? Even if you like making money, you can still be a good person and care about your art & love what you do and be passionate about it. Why does it feel like this is a contradiction to some people?

I love my creative job very much, but I also do it for money, cuz I want it and I need it. I'm not working for free and neither would you...

And Gaga obviously needs a lot more money, because a) your career can be over in the glimpse of an eye (and it has to be enough so it lasts the rest of your life) which leads to point b) as one of the most famous people on this planet, she will need to go on private jets all her life and she literally needs a big house & property to feel "free" and have security by her side, that she also has to pay, because she will never ever in this life be able to go on a normal plane or out on the street without fans approaching her and asking for selfies and autographs...

(watch that interview of her again where she says that as soon as she goes out into the world, she belongs "in a way to everyone else" ... this is why she bought the mansion in Malibu... this house costs a lot of money every year - I recently read an article about it and Gaga also has to pay A LOT of taxes too...)

edit: And she also gives jobs to a lot of people that work with her, so the money has to come from somewhere... and we all know streaming is not doin' it

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you 🧹

Magui

@MotherOfPuppies and ad there that from what I understand she is almost like a company, with employees, like I think that there are people that probably most of their income it's from Gaga.

PxA limited
2 hours ago, Runway said:

Then buy your $1 oreos. Its not her fault people are poor, nor does she need to appeal to them :awkney:

How insensitive is this said. People are poor so 1% can have their millions that they spend on unnecessary diamond nail polishes or private jets to circle round the world polluting our planet.

And no, it’s not her fault because the system is rigged, but if I was a millionaire I would definitely have some moral obligation to give out the money. But people who wouldn’t ‘appeal’ to the poor make the majority of our population, unfortunately.

Mother of Puppies
4 minutes ago, PxA limited said:

How insensitive is this said. People are poor so 1% can have their millions that they spend on unnecessary diamond nail polishes or private jets to circle round the world polluting our planet.

And no, it’s not her fault because the system is rigged, but if I was a millionaire I would definitely have some moral obligation to give out the money. But people who wouldn’t ‘appeal’ to the poor make the majority of our population, unfortunately.

but this is not the fault of popstars & artists who make music & movies.... this is because of corrupt governments & the whole system, the lack of education and so on...

And Gaga is helping in her own way with Born This Way foundation... and she helped to raise a lot of money last year to fight Covid... just sayin'

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you 🧹

PxA limited
1 minute ago, MotherOfPuppies said:

but this is not the fault of popstars & artists who make music & movies.... this is because of corrupt governments & the whole system, the lack of education and so on

Yes. I meant generally because of what the person said, not Gaga.

• PartySick locked this topic

Archived