💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

How did you discover the pop girls? (any of them)

LateToCult

Featured Posts

LateToCult

Do you remember how you discovered a certain pop star? I have vivid memories of discovering Gaga, Taylor Swift, Mariah Carey, and Justin Bieber.

Gar: In elementary school we had a substitute teacher in homeroom for like two weeks because our regular teacher had some emergency. The sub liked to play her old people radio station during our breaks but one day one of the kids convinced her to put a top 40 station. First song that played was Poker Face and the annoying girl that sat in front of me was immediately like, “uGH i hAte lADy GaGa.” I remember thinking, “if you find her annoying then she must not be that bad.” Googled the b*tch when I got home and the rest is history.

Taylor: my sister came home from school one day and was like, “omg let me show you this new song I just heard.” We then watched the Teardrops On My Guitar music video A LOT.

Mariah Carey: I stumbled onto this clip on YouTube. Not this exact one but it was of her being drunk/high saying “Oh my gooooooodness” as she accepted that award. No joke...

Justin Bieber: Y’all will probably think I’m trolling but this is the honest truth. I saw a clip of his music video for “One Time” on MTV. It was when they would minimize the credits of whatever show finished so they could play music videos. I took one look and thought, “oh wow, is she a lesbian? That’s so cool!” Then the his name popped up on the bottom left and. I was shook.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Judas Society

I knew about Gaga but it wasn't until Bad Romance I started noticing her and discovering more about her.

Argentum

Gaga: I saw the Poker face music video on TV walking into my living room. It was summer. My mom was mopping the floor. Lol dunno why this is so memorable

Katy: Hot'n'Cold was on the last Sims 2 expansion pack ost i think. I was so amped for that expansion pack because it had a witches and magic so I was super into everything about. The song stuck in my head and I downloaded it on Limewire later that night :bon: 

"Δεν είσαι αγάπη. Δεν είσαι αγάπη. Είσαι οφθαλμαπάτη. Η τέλεια οφθαλμαπάτη" - Λαίδη Γκάγκα, 2016

Anderson123

Britney, Christina, P!nk: MTV of course. Genie in a Bottle, Baby One More Time, Crazy, Sometimes, Get The Party Started, Family Portrait.

Avril Lavigne: I was just starting junior high school and she debuted with Complicated. Some of my best friends from class loved her music so we all talked about her.

Gaga: PHilton's website back when Poker Face was released. I liked the song and later when there was a music video I knew there was something different about her. I waited for that August 2008 date to buy the album (The first edition), I went to my local music store and asked for a Lady Gaga album, they still had it in boxes and didn't know who she was. Months later Poker Face exploded everywhere.

Madonna: I was really young and went through my parents' cassette collection. They had Like A Prayer and True Blue. Then when my older brother was in jr high school he had a gay friend who loved pop music, he let him borrow Ray of Light, Aqua's Aquarius and Aquarium, Eiffel 65 albums, among many other great 90's records.

Cher: MTV again, Believe was everywhere and I used to watch the video every time they played it.

Sia: I watched the Six Feet Under finale that features her song "Breathe Me". I just had to know who sang that because I cried so much. I got into her music, bought "We Are Born" which came out around that time, and she later released Titanium, very different to what her old music was like.

Rihanna: Umbrella music video on MTV.

Taylor Swift: That Kanye VMAs moment, I watched her performance but wasn't really my type of music. I started listening to her when she released Blank Space.

And a lot of others from here, GagaDaily: Kesha, Dua Lipa, Lana Del Rey, Ariana.

Lucas

Gagz : saw Bad Romance on TV, thought "who is that witch" and became a fan that day

Britney : from all the illuminati/mind control stuff about her in 2011 :sweat: something was about the Hold It Againt Me video and I really loved the song so I listened to her whole discography

Madonna : the Gagz feud made me hate her, then she released Rebel Heart, fell in love with Devil Pray and listened to her discography which is the best ever

Kylie Minogue : had a crush on a guy who loved her so I listened to her discography (it's AMAZING)

AshIey

Katy Perry: While I was browsing the artists section on Myspace. :bon: I’m not sure the exact year but it was before her debut album? She only had a few songs on her profile like Ur So Gay and a couple others I don’t remember.

Gaga: I heard Just Dance on the radio late one night when I was leaving work, and I immediately looked her up and downloaded her music from Limewire :spin:

Monster647

In 2011, I was a 15 years old gay boy trying to come to terms with my sexuality.

I was watching the only TV show that I could find easily with subtitles in my native language (ESL) that also had a gay teen character. I watched the Born This Way episode of Glee in Season 2. 

That's how I got introduced to Lady Gaga. 

holy scheisse

Gaga & kesha: myspace lol 

I specifically remember adam lambert promoting tiktok and sharing the link to her page lol 

Lana and lorde: tumblr

Ronk

Cher - 1971 on The Sonny and Cher Comedy Hour

Madonna - early 1980s on MTV

Janet Jackson - 1986 on MTV

Paula Abdul - 1989 on MTV

Britney - 1998 on MTV

Jewel - 1998 of MTV

Christina Aguilera - 1999 on MTV

Katy Perry - 2010 on MTV

Gaga - September 2010 on the internet - Speechless Live at the Vevo Launch Event

Selena Gomez - 2013 on the internet

Kesha and Ariana - on GGD, then attended their concerts

I live outside the space time continuum.

androiduser

I grew up in the late 80's early 90's so most of my discoveries are from that era

Madonna - my first memory is the "Like a Prayer" video, and a few articles about Madonna in the teen magazines. I started collecting Madonna stuff when "Truth or Dare" came out, I remember there was a magazine with a report about the premiere in Cannes and I asked my dad to by the magazine for me and I became a huge fan.

Kylie - don't remember the first song I heard, but I remember asking my older cousin to teach me something about popular singers, and among others she pointed out Kylie and her then boyfriend Jason Donovan. This was in 1990/91

Gaga - seeing her perform "Just Dance" at the Miss Universe competition and I thought she was great live.

Beyonce - my first memory is Destiny's Child releasing "No, No, No" and I though these girls would disappear in the blink of an eye... but I became a fan of DC when they released "Say My Name" and I've loved Beyonce ever since.

Britney - when her first single came out... same for Christina.

Regina George

Lady Gaga: The girl that bullied me was her fan. Hated her because of that awful girl then fell in love after that.

Dua Lipa: A friend showed me her New Rules video the day it got out saying she will become the next it girl.. Didn't believe her then but I do now.

Britney: A close relative was her fan in 2000s but I fell in love when I saw Toxic on MTV once it was released.

BUtterfield 8

Ariana: I was a regular Nickelodeon watcher so I watched victorious and became an ari Stan a year after 

Pennywise

Gaga through the VMA's - I was in my "watching award shows" phase and it was 2009 and she blew my little gay mind. (but I didn't become a "little monster" until her Brit awards performance for McQueen)

Britney - Watching Toxic in the TV as a child.

Madonna - watching the Blond Ambition version of Keep It Together on TV as a child - it's still one of my favorite performances of her

Katy Perry - I loved her since One Of The Boys, I even went to a concert of her with that tour

these are the main ones I remember tbh 

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

Pennywise
5 minutes ago, Regina George said:

he girl that bullied me was her fan.

I'm so sorry but I laughed, truly a reverse born this way experience :bradley::messga:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

NYC Monster

Gaga: It was 2008, I was around 13 and my best friend and I would often write down song suggestions for each other to put on our iPods/MP3 players during class and we'd swap lists during break period. Most of the songs she recommended to me were typically ones I already had, but one stuck to to me

Just Dance: Lady Gaga 

I had never heard of her before so I decided to listen when I got home. Went on iTunes and it wasn't even in the top 20, I think it was either #25 or #27 so I listened to the preview, instantly loved it and bought it. Back when iTunes songs were 99 cents. 

Lana: Twitter. It was 2011 and everyone on my TL kept tweeting about some singer named Lana Del Rey and I was like "Whomst?" and I searched her up and listened to Video Games and instantly fell in love. At the time, it was her only song out. 

Lorde: Twitter, again. I heard Royals and then found out she was only 16, and then I listened to her Love Club EP and fell in love.

Archived