Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
celeb

LilNasX Accused For Stealing Art For His New Music Video

RAMROD

Featured Posts

FameHookah
5 hours ago, littleboyblue said:

That artist's aesthetic would have been perfect for Chromatica. Ugh.

Imagine Alice's music video with gaga falling thru the Chromatica portal  omg the COLLAPSE.

WTF is MDNA

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JohnnyVersace

I’ll give him the bird/angel in the sky and descending on the pole, but the concept is entirely different. And this is also like 20 seconds out of the entire video. 

Definitely copied/inspired by that scene, but the entire video was a serve and I’m not going to cancel it tbh. 

HEARTSTOP
8 hours ago, Chromatography said:

i don’t understand this logic at all. the same idea that was already out there came from the people fka twigs worked with that lil nas x wanted on his video. 

let’s say it’s 2011. pretend cellophane is gaga’s video. now imagine that katy perry reaches out to the director of cellophane, and then hires the same choreographer and comes out with lil nas x’s video. everyone on this website would have an absolute aneurysm over it. the double standard here is weird.

Except I would have said the same thing because I understand how art works in a transformative way.

This site would've definitely had a meltdown, just like you're having right now over this video, because apparently, as you said it yourself, you don't understand how inspirations work in art. Would it be ok for him to use this artist as inspiration only if he was dead, like many people do with other artists?

Are you gonna have a meltdown over the Alejandro music video for using imagery from Madonna and David Fincher's "Vogue", or the song for using Ace of Base's "Don't Turn Around", ABBA's "Fernando", and Madonna's "La Isla Bonita" as inspiration?

Of course not! The only double standard I see here is yours...

IDGAF

Chromatography
4 minutes ago, HEARTSTOP said:

Except I would have said the same thing because I understand how art works in a transformative way.

This site would've definitely had a meltdown, just like you're having right now over this video, because apparently, as you said it yourself, you don't understand how inspirations work in art. Would it be ok for him to use this artist as inspiration only if he was dead, like many people do with other artists?

Are you gonna have a meltdown over the Alejandro music video for using imagery from Madonna and David Fincher's "Vogue", or the song for using Ace of Base's "Don't Turn Around", ABBA's "Fernando", and Madonna's "La Isla Bonita" as inspiration?

Of course not! The only double standard I see here is yours...

i’m not having a meltdown at all. i do think it’s a double standard. and i never said one thing about alejandro or any of that so you don’t even know how i feel about those videos. idk how you can point out a double standard then. :huh:

HEARTSTOP
2 minutes ago, Chromatography said:

i’m not having a meltdown at all. i do think it’s a double standard. and i never said one thing about alejandro or any of that so you don’t even know how i feel about those videos. idk how you can point out a double standard then. :huh:

Not sure what your argument is here then. The same thing could be said about the assumptions on your original comment :huh:

IDGAF

LGHunter

If gaga did this y'all would be saying "ITs InSPirAtioN." 

The double standards.

alsemanche
Just now, LGHunter said:

If gaga did this y'all would be saying "ITs InSPirAtioN." 

The double standards.

And they'd be wrong so what's your point?

Soft, soothing, and succulent

LGHunter
Just now, alsemanche said:

And they'd be wrong so what's your point?

That y'all are reaching. So stop it.

alsemanche
Just now, LGHunter said:

That y'all are reaching. So stop it.

Or maybe you just refuse to acknowledge that it's true even though the comparison is right in front of your eyes because he's a black rapper or something :huntyga:

LGHunter

Or maybe you just refuse to acknowledge that it's true even though the comparison is right in front of your eyes because he's a black rapper or something :huntyga:

Gaga copied the choreography of thriller than ...

alsemanche
Just now, LGHunter said:

Gaga copied the choreography of thriller than ...

I'm really not sure what you're trying to achieve by turning this to a Gaga argument even though she has nothing to do with any of that. This is about Lil Nas X and Andrew/FKA. Judge it for what it is instead of comparing it to others maybe? 

And I have expressed 0 opinions about what Gaga has or hasn't done, because it's irrelevant.  

LGHunter

I'm really not sure what you're trying to achieve by turning this to a Gaga argument even though she has nothing to do with any of that. This is about Lil Nas X and Andrew/FKA. Judge it for what it is instead of comparing it to others maybe? 

And I have expressed 0 opinions about what Gaga has or hasn't done, because it's irrelevant.  

Read what i said ... tired of you #nolife

alsemanche
Just now, LGHunter said:

Read what i said ... tired of you #nolife

:bear:

CautiousLurker

Why do people like making such a big deal out of these things? Unless it's actually a shot for shot copy, or an exact replica of a design - it doesn't matter, and this video is not that in any capacity... I swear if people on here were even remotely aware of what concept artists get up to, their brains would implode.... 

Men are naturally more dominating, aggressive, and logical thinking because we have balls.

LGHunter
23 minutes ago, CautiousLurker said:

Why do people like making such a big deal out of these things? Unless it's actually a shot for shot copy, or an exact replica of a design - it doesn't matter, and this video is not that in any capacity... I swear if people on here were even remotely aware of what concept artists get up to, their brains would implode.... 

Thank you!

Archived