đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

LilNasX Accused For Stealing Art For His New Music Video

RAMROD

Featured Posts

Chromatography
Just now, TheFame Monster said:

That’s a screenshot of the video. I look at the actual video and it’s the same concept of coming down from “heaven” on a pole. Probably one of the worst cases of a visual rip off I have seen tbh

i too looked it up after this because i thought they were only talking about the heaven screenshot and wow! you’re right, it is just a blatant rip off. even has the green digital looking face right before falling down. pretty gross. 

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TimisaMonster

Wow I looked at the story and yes...its a FRAME by FRAME copy paste like...wow...:fthis:

Stream my new single, đź’ś"Heartbeat"đź’ś, on Spotify!

MJHolland

hm might look inspired but... idc I have such a newfound love for this man :saira:

a black male rapper doing this is groundbreaking 

weed

I think inspiration has been taken but that's not the central point of the video.. so I don't see how there's "blood" on Lil Nas' hands

Chromatography
10 minutes ago, MJHolland said:

hm might look inspired but... idc I have such a newfound love for this man :saira:

a black male rapper doing this is groundbreaking 

it isn’t groundbreaking if it’s lifted from another artist. i think if you haven’t yet, definitely look at the insta stories where it shows both videos playing together and it’s pretty blatant, especially considering they reached out to the cellophane team. 

thatfoxyfeeling

I said it in the Montero music video thread I seen similarities the first time I watched the music video. 

HEARTSTOP

It would be stealing if he created and pitched a concept to Lil Nas (or someone else), and then he didn't hire him but still used the concept. It would be "ripping off" if the whole video was exactly the same, since this is just 30 seconds of a 3 minute clip this is not the case. This was obviously inspired by the same idea of what was already out there, but it was included in a whole different storyline giving it a new meaning, and so it is considered transformative in its reproduction.

There are no original ideas, everything is a transformation/combination of something else that already exists, when will people understand this?

Imagine saying Gaga stole the 911 music video just because it recreates very accurately many scenes of a movie.

IDGAF

Aphasic

jesus-ascending-into-heaven-william-bras

This is Jesus ascending into heaven by William Brassey Hole (1846-1917)

Did Andrew steal this "aesthetic from Brassey? No! Of course he did not. 

C´mon there is nothing here. He didn´t invent skies with holes. It´s like saying that every artist that has a video using a cellphone or a phone stole the idea from someone. 

Jose P

Yup it’s a rip off. I really commend Lil Nas X for being unapologetically himself as a queer man in rap(ish because he’s not really full on rap), and I do think queer representation on that field is needed, but it would be nice to have better representation because his music is pretty unimpressive and mediocre thus far, and what he did have, the great visuals, aren’t even his original ideas so...

Jose P
1 minute ago, Aphasic Top said:

jesus-ascending-into-heaven-william-bras

This is Jesus ascending into heaven by William Brassey Hole (1846-1917)

Did Andrew steal this "aesthetic from Brassey? No! Of course he did not. 

C´mon there is nothing here. He didn´t invent skies with holes. It´s like saying that every artist that has a video using a cellphone or a phone stole the idea from someone. 

You should really check out the stories to see the whole thing, it’s not just the ascending to Heaven thing.

Chromatography
23 minutes ago, HEARTSTOP said:

It would be stealing if he created and pitched a concept to Lil Nas (or someone else), and then he didn't hire him but still used the concept. It would be "ripping off" if the whole video was exactly the same, since this is just 30 seconds of a 3 minute clip this is not the case. This was obviously inspired by the same idea of what was already out there, but it was included in a whole different storyline giving it a new meaning, and so it is considered transformative in its reproduction.

There are no original ideas, everything is a transformation/combination of something else that already exists, when will people understand this?

Imagine saying Gaga stole the 911 music video just because it recreates very accurately many scenes of a movie.

i don’t understand this logic at all. the same idea that was already out there came from the people fka twigs worked with that lil nas x wanted on his video. 

let’s say it’s 2011. pretend cellophane is gaga’s video. now imagine that katy perry reaches out to the director of cellophane, and then hires the same choreographer and comes out with lil nas x’s video. everyone on this website would have an absolute aneurysm over it. the double standard here is weird.

Neight Shayde

I hate that this happened honestly. Lil Nas X is doing revolutionary stuff as a queer rapper but they just had to copy the scene.

Andrew Thomas Huang is an amazing director. He worked with Bjork for a couple of albums now and a couple of great indie artists. Great original concepts all throughout.

Aphasic
4 minutes ago, Jose P said:

You should really check out the stories to see the whole thing, it’s not just the ascending to Heaven thing.

I stand by why I wrote. I am not going down the same road as when Gaga put out BTW and literally called it a rip off of Express Yourself. 

Whether being phonetically or visually artists are influenced by other artists. Yes it looks a lot similar, Lil Nas X def used a lot of what Andrew does visually. 

This is also by Andrew and he worked with Bjork. So he is mad someone is using something very similar to what he does but is like saying that sunflowers cannot be used by any artist unless you are van Gogh. 

Archived