Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Angry SJWs write "Fake Latina" on Lana's album promo posters

Bambino

Featured Posts

Savage

The dreads during the ARTPOP era was cultural appropriation. This Lana name thing is a REACH.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JusKeepBreathin
8 hours ago, Andreu said:

Picking a name from another language is not cultural apropriation come on :rip: Is Lady Gaga apropriating german culture when she uses the word Haus?

LOL

How do you appropriate white european culture? Especially one from a super power which almost took over the world not even 100 years ago. :billie:

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

JusKeepBreathin
10 hours ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

First of all, it’s not from the car. It’s from Marina Del Rey

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTSrs03Cxg1QwAdzwkbK5d

Just because a friend from Cuba told her that Lana Del Rey sounds cool, it doesn’t mean she’s appropriating Cuba’s culture because the name has nothing to do with Cuba just to begin with. Im sorry but trying to be so shady and hateful towards Lana for every single little thing about her is starting to sound tiring and ridiculous.

Honestly Gaga herself has done way more problematic stuff than Lana but you guys insist that she’s problematic for some reason. :saladga:

What does anything I said have to do with Cuban culture? Lana took a latin name because her friends said it sounded cool. Those friends happen to be Cuban. End of story.  

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

NYC Monster

I always thought her name was from Delray Beach, the city in Florida. I remember she said she had a boyfriend that lived in Delray and when she'd visit him she loved it, hence why her name was originally spelled Lana Del Ray and then she changed it to Rey eventually :triggered:

shealreadydone
On 3/27/2021 at 12:39 AM, freebit said:

Not you guys trying to act like she never tried to pass as latina. Especially with that stage name, and this :smh::

ummm chile just because she found some good *ss colombian coke that day and she felt like talking that way doesnt mean that shes appropriating an entire culture??? you guys are so dramatic sometimes...

y’all really need to stop using SJW that way lmao you’re just fueling right-wing rhetoric

also the fact that there’s a similar thread about cancel culture or something similar every week and that it always gets 5+ pages of people complaining about it “going too far” is... worrisome

not commenting on this particular instance because, as it turns out, nobody cares!

if you’re looking for a place to channel all of that frustration with like-minded people I’m sure you can find a ton of reddit threads

Ashley
On 3/26/2021 at 6:39 PM, freebit said:

Not you guys trying to act like she never tried to pass as latina. Especially with that stage name, and this :smh::

WHAT was that :air: this is so cringey..

TheOriginalOne
On 3/26/2021 at 5:01 AM, FfFfFfFF said:

The pic looks edited and I don't fully what is supposed to mean. Anyways stream HBTB by the Latin pop princess.

LMAO!!! Playing this at my cousin’s quinceñera next summer :lmao:

ProfessionalClown

I can’t stand Lana but like....she never lele pons’d so idk what they’re talking about 

NYC Monster

Anyone else remember when she used to call herself gangster Nancy Sinatra and that she always wanted to be a gangster lmaooo :billie: 

ProfessionalClown
31 minutes ago, Malibu Gaga said:

Anyone else remember when she used to call herself gangster Nancy Sinatra and that she always wanted to be a gangster lmaooo :billie: 

She what now?

nativenewyorker

Denying the cultural appropriation in Elizabeth’s artistry is ignorant. Things like Tropico, Florida Kilos, West Coast etc. come across as a privileged white girl dipping into Hispanic culture when it’s convenient and for profit. 

JusKeepBreathin
On 3/26/2021 at 10:57 PM, StrawberryBlond said:

I really wouldn't class that as a Latina accent 

Girl, that is a classic Miami latin girl accent. 

Morphine Prince
On 3/26/2021 at 5:24 AM, Alvaro Moreno Ullrich said:

Latina del rey

I am laughing so much more than I should be over this post :lmao: 

JusKeepBreathin
On 3/26/2021 at 6:01 AM, FfFfFfFF said:

The pic looks edited and I don't fully what is supposed to mean. Anyways stream HBTB by the Latin pop princess.

OMG that techno cumbia is a bop TBH.  

Archived