Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
life

“G.U.Y. — An ARTPOP Film” turns 7

The Z

Featured Posts

The Child
2 hours ago, Agunimon said:

This music video could have been so good -- the beginning with her as a fallen angel and the executives and money cuts so deep and resonates so well, but it's the inclusion of all of the bravo celebrities that really doesn't sit with me and takes me out of it. The end is great too.

The bravo celebrities have a meaning, while she was recovering from her knee injury she was watching Real Housewives of Beverly Hills and that’s why she included them in the music video.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Karen Smith

One of the best Gaga's videos. She's so sexy in it and this golden outfit with white hair and black eyeliner makeup is everything. 

QueenChromatix

to be honest i don't like that video, concept, etc. It was weird but in bad style... like it was too much and the story of the video was... exactly - what was it?

QUEEN CHROMATIX 🌈

Luke78619

Visually, it’s very nice, but for me the Venus segment drags its quality down a lot. The directing at the pool scene seems very amateurish, and I loathe the scenes with the housewives “playing” the instruments, just so random and not necessary imo :messga:

insta: good_lukeing | I have nothing else to promote

VasilisVas

Never a fan of this video or the ARTPOP album as a whole. I probably like 3 songs from the album and that’s all. 

Agunimon
6 hours ago, HausOfAntonio said:

Thats whats excellent about it though. It doesn’t try to hide behind a facade of high brow art because it knows thats a fallacy in itself. It embraces the hypercommercial nature of pop and elevates it to a place where it becomes self reflexively critical. The pinnacle of ARTPOP. There is no art if there is no pop, because the categories we associate with art automatically renegade pop to a low brow status. And pop music will NEVER BE low brow :firega:

You definitely thought too deeply about this. 

Gorehound

Everything accept the house wives of f*cking beverly hills. Venus did NOT deserve that.

Tbh I fail to understand why she slapped in several seconds of ARTPOP and Venus in a G.U.Y music video. And then slapped MANiCURE in for just the end credits. Not really an "ARTPOP Film" is it lol.

I wish she'd made a three music video film with it, just like Lana did with Tropico. That would have made way more sense.

I love this vid it's great fun and packed with ideas, but it's still a bloated mess.

I'm fine, Ta

HausOfAntonio
2 hours ago, Agunimon said:

You definitely thought too deeply about this. 

You have no idea :firega:

Hyperballad

Seeing these posts always make me feel so depressed and old :air:

During those seven years: Gaga starred in a blockbuster film with Bradley Cooper, became a country singer for a hot minute, performed at the SuperBowl, released another pop album, headlined her own residency in Vegas, toured her country album for a while, began production on another blockbuster film, released multiple music videos, won multiple Grammys, released a jazz album, AND won an Oscar...

I got a new cat :fatcat:

tyler k

love love love this video. I was shook upon initial release and it still takes my breath away. truly some of the best visuals of her career, ever. 

can we talk about how incredible the choreography is?! I've always loved it but now that I'm a more trained dancer it is SO MUCH FUN and looks so fantastic. 

watching this back makes me wish we had more ARTPOP music videos :messga: Venus, RIP.

mmmy name ~isn't~ aliceee

JustTea
17 hours ago, KEVIN STEVE said:

I know that, but to me “guy I’m romancin' loves” means nothing:selena:

"Guy, I'm romancin' loves to hold you."

I think it makes sense. :oprah:

Ricardo
7 hours ago, Luke78619 said:

Visually, it’s very nice, but for me the Venus segment drags its quality down a lot. The directing at the pool scene seems very amateurish, and I loathe the scenes with the housewives “playing” the instruments, just so random and not necessary imo :messga:

I remember being very annoyed when I saw the video the first time, also Andy Cohen, why? :saladga:

Archived