💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
life

“G.U.Y. — An ARTPOP Film” turns 7

The Z

Featured Posts

The Z

Give it a few clicks to celebrate, it only needs 136k views to reach the 100 million milestone! 

lady-gaga-guy-5.jpg

lady-gaga-guy-lead.jpg

What do you think about the video, 7 years later? 

What was your first reaction to it? 

Lady-GaGa-G-U-Y-lady-gaga-36949824-1920-

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SevenWonder

The album that made me stan Gaga. 

My favorite part of the video is ARTPOP (song) starting it out. I actually love that song more today than I did when the album dropped. 

The MV itself has some cringe moments (Andy Cohen?), but I like it overall. 

Guest Adarsh
6 minutes ago, KEVIN STEVE said:

Give it a few clicks to celebrate, it only needs 1.1 million views to reach the 100 million milestone! 

Correction: It only needs around 136k views to reach 100m, not 1.1m :sweat:

OT: I don’t care what people say, GUY is one of the best Gaga videos. Y’all better watch it today! :grr:

The Z
Just now, Adarsh said:

Correction: It only needs around 136k views to reach 100m, not 1.1m :sweat:

I hate maths:bradley:

The Z
4 minutes ago, SevenWonder said:

The album that made me stan Gaga. 

My favorite part of the video is ARTPOP (song) starting it out. I actually love that song more today than I did when the album dropped. 

The MV itself has some cringe moments (Andy Cohen?), but I like it overall. 

I have to say, ARTPOP is truly underrated, or at least it was back in the day. For most of the songs, the EDM sound sounds nothing like the EDM you could hear on the radio back then. 

The Z
4 minutes ago, TSUNAMI said:

Sexiest video she ever made. 

This. The red outfit in the bed, with her wig and makeup... Girl, it wasn't legal. :heat:

I gave it a spin and just like that I remembered why I almost never listen to any other song from ARTPOP except for Applause&ARTPOP. I understand what she was trying to do with ARTPOP but it's just too loud and messy for me production wise.

The Z
Just now, Bat said:

I gave it a spin and just like that I remembered why I almost never listen to any other song from ARTPOP except for Applause&ARTPOP. I understand what she was trying to do with ARTPOP but it's just to loud for me.

Well, it's only a matter of taste, but I would say that Born This Way is louder than ARTPOP

TSUNAMI
4 minutes ago, KEVIN STEVE said:

This. The red outfit in the bed, with her wig and makeup... Girl, it wasn't legal. :heat:

For me the best scenes are in the pool when she wears gold. 

The Z
Just now, TSUNAMI said:

For me the best scenes are in the pool when she wears gold. 

Gosh, that scene too :enigma:

The Z

By the way, what does “guy I’m romancin’ loves to hold you” mean? :koons: Grammatically, I find this line wery weird

numb the flame

Looking back at the ARTPOP scene in particular it's very obvious who the business men fighting over money while she's laying on the ground is supposed to be (Troy). I was never a huge fan of G.U.Y. but looking back now it's a lot better than how I first saw the film. The visuals however are some of her best visuals of her entire career alongside the 911 short film. 

Archived