Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Girls Aloud's Sarah: Christmas 2020 was my last

noa234

Featured Posts

noa234

Sarah, 39, is urging people with health concerns to see a GP — after she avoided hers because of Covid.

In her new book Hear Me Out, Sarah recalls: “At first I thought it was just a cyst. The trouble was the pain was getting worse. It got so bad that I couldn’t sleep in a bed. Eventually my skin started to bruise. By now I was terrified.

“One day I woke up realising I’d been in denial. Yes there was a pandemic but it was almost as if I’d been using that as an excuse not to face up to the fact that something was very wrong.”

Sarah publicly revealed last August that she had cancer which had advanced to other parts of her body. But she was rushed to intensive care before her chemo had even begun, after a port fitted into her chest led to sepsis. Sarah wrote: “With both my lungs and kidneys failing, doctors decided to put me into an induced coma.

“Even once I was off the ventilator I couldn’t speak properly. All I could do was make noises like a chimpanzee trying to communicate.”

Sarah went on to start chemo and had a mastectomy. She writes: “I remember the surgeons saying they would make a drawing of what parts of my breast needed to be taken away and it was virtually all of it. I’m so glad that mum was there waiting for me because when I woke up I screamed the place down.

“Now there’s just a bunch of stitches where my breast used to be. I can’t look at myself in the mirror anymore. I don’t recognise myself.”

While treatment appeared to be working, further scans revealed she had a second tumour – either at the base of her spine or in the brain. During her initial treatment at Watford General Hospital last summer, Sarah was placed on a ward with male dementia patients. Nurses used her middle name, Nicole, to ensure she had some privacy.

She added: “I had one scary night when a guy from the other ward was wandering around threatening to beat people up.” In Hear Me Out, serialised in The Times, Sarah said she had been told by her doctor that Christmas 2020 would be her last.

She writes: “Comfort and being as pain-free as possible is what’s important to me now.

"I’m trying to live and enjoy every second of my life, no matter how long it may be. I’m at the stage now where I don’t know how many months I have left. Who knows, maybe I’ll surprise everyone.

“Right now I am trying to find joy whenever and however I can. Life has got so much smaller and my priorities have changed, but the other Sarah Harding is still in there somewhere too.”

Sarah added: "Hear Me Out will also reveal Sarah’s life story, including her rise to fame in Girls Aloud – one of the UK’s most popular all-female groups."

Sarah confirmed she was writing the book in December, after being approached about her writing her story a month after her diagnosis last August.

Sarah has been supported by her family and friends, including her Girls Aloud bandmates, Cheryl Tweedy, 37, Nadine Coyle, 35, and Kimberley Walsh, 39, throughout her journey.

Shes basically saying is that shes given up all further treatments upon learning that its terminal. Its so sad im heartbroken 💔 

bionic

That's so sad. Hope she gets some pleasant end of life care so can make the most of the time she has left

buy bionic

Phaye Monster

My heart breaks for her. What a tragic thing to happen, I sincerely hope that she’s able to enjoy her life now as much as she can and with as little pain as possible. 

I'm an ARTPOP bitch, baby

Jose P
2 minutes ago, JRCF29 said:

Here's hoping the doctor's wrong! 

Sadly once cancer metastasizes your days are pretty much counted, all that’s left is maybe extending your lifetime as much as possible and making sure at least the patient doesn’t suffer. But even then, when you reach metastasis you’re already a terminal patient 

Robo Ga

Omg so sad. Praying her final days are comfortable and full of love. 

🤖⚡️

JRCF29
2 minutes ago, Jose P said:

Sadly once cancer metastasizes your days are pretty much counted, all that’s left is maybe extending your lifetime as much as possible and making sure at least the patient doesn’t suffer. But even then, when you reach metastasis you’re already a terminal patient 

I didn't mean about the diagnosis so much as the prognosis... Hopefully she has longer left than they think right now :( 

Don't Call Me Gaga

Archived