Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Joan river’s daughter melissa rivers worries red carpets may never recover

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

BUtterfield 8

melissa-rivers.jpg

"Whoever thought that walking into a building could be turned into an event?"

So remarked Melissa Rivers about the pioneering work she and her mother, Joan Rivers, did while covering red carpets and hosting the show Fashion Police. Rivers forecasted doom for the red carpet tradition, and not solely because of the coronavirus pandemic.

Rivers forecasted doom for the red carpet tradition, and not solely because of the coronavirus pandemic.

"The red carpet has been on life support for quite a while, sadly," she said, citing that the seismic shift that came with the #MeToo movement. While recognizing that it started "desperately needed conversations," it essentially put the kibosh on asking questions like "who are you wearing?"

The question is still valid, she thinks, because the designers deserve credit.

Source

CharlieQuinn

It played a big part on the begging of Gaga's career. Its a tradition. (and like any other tradition, people will find it offensive)

Joan's  humor would be something that people would cancel nowadays.

I love the both of them. Such great humor. Love red carpets, but they aren't always necessary.

GAMS, gay popstar

Louie
12 minutes ago, Delulu Rogers said:

Wait what’s wrong with red carpets???

Too crowded, photographers right on your face, interviewers right on your face. Doubt red carpets will return this year or early next year.

ToxicHot

Why exactly would it never recover? I understand that right now, the pandemic has made it difficult, but celebrities are still being interviewed virtually. Obviously it’s not the same as being in-person, but last year the red carpet seemed fine at the Grammys, Oscars, Golden Globes (pre-covid)?

Also, side-note, I miss Fashion Police. :messga:

dOnT sAd ReAcT mE 2 bE sHaDy i WiLL RePoRt U!!1!

Chromatography

what? i feel like red carpets will never die 

freebit

I don't get why she thinks women don't want to talk about the clothes they're wearing, as far as I know not wanting to talk about the designer was just Brie Larson's thing. For example, newer gen stars like Cardi B definitely enjoy talking about what they're wearing and will proudly state whether it's a Mugler, Versace, Prada etc. Even Billie is lowkey into it. During Covid era red carpets,  you can tell Gaga, Elle Fanning, Gemma Chan, Anya Taylor Joy etc. are all itching to go back to slaying it on the red carpets. 

PxA limited
20 minutes ago, gumzy3000 said:

Screw Joan Rivers. She was a spiteful and hateful person who was a bully 

Aren't you hateful by saying this for a dead person?

weed
23 minutes ago, gumzy3000 said:

She was also a trailblazing icon and created huge opportunities for women in comedy :diane:

Fresco
22 minutes ago, PxA limited said:

Aren't you hateful by saying this for a dead person?

Have you watched her comedy? What little I chose to view was all insult comedy. She said something mean/insulting and the producer played a laugh track.

PxA limited
On 3/6/2021 at 3:03 AM, Fresco said:

Have you watched her comedy? What little I chose to view was all insult comedy. She said something mean/insulting and the producer played a laugh track.

no, but i know her humor, it's mean, so what? You are such a special little snowflake

PunkTheFunk
44 minutes ago, gumzy3000 said:

She was also a very vocal and proud ally for the LGBT community when it wasn't the trendy thing to do. Maybe she made some insensitive jokes but let's not paint her as an evil person, because she was far from it.

Fresco
20 minutes ago, PxA limited said:

no, but i know her humor, it's mean, so what? You are such a special little snowflake

I don't find any humor in that.

PxA limited
1 minute ago, Fresco said:

I don't find any humor in that.

But other people do. So, please leave us be and leave the dead woman alone to rest in peace.

Archived