💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

#TaylorSwiftIsOverParty is Trending On Twitter (Again)

ELECTROHEART

Featured Posts

6 minutes ago, Chromatography said:

so does lady gaga and literally every other pop star. 

all stan culture is toxic and you’re delusional if you were thinking otherwise 

The way you JUMPED to call someone delusional for even implying something negative about Swifties says everything about stan culture really.

You're right, stan culture IS toxic. You should try not participating it.

headspin, happiness, DE̤̣A̢̯͔̘T͏͙̗̟̫H̗̙͡ͅ

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Supersonic

Quoting a post modern philosopher:

"Why is somebody like Taylor Swift so obssesed with her "haters"? Easy. Because her haters go through incredible feats to bring the hate towards her and make her aware of it. That's just what being a woman in the public eye is like."

Every woman in the public eye actually IS victimized to some degree, depending on her level of fame, racial idendity, gender idendity. 24/7. All the time. Because people think they're entitled to dissect and disseminate everything about women in the public and read into every perceived moral transgression in the most uncharitable way they can.

Speaking out about experiencing endless verbal abuse and how that could f*ck with your percepection is always bad optics because people in the internet will twist it into "Look at this priviliged bitch playing the victim! Boohoo, cry into your 100 dollar bills."

Policing how a women expresses her feelings about being verbally abused isn't a good look. Especially when you use other women's reactions to getting abused to her discredit her reaction to being abused. 

HuffsAhoy
48 minutes ago, Noah said:

So why do YOU care about her Brand? What does that got to do with you?

The same reason you do. This is a discussion forum and I felt like contributing my two cents to the argument. 

You remind me that it's such a wonderful thing to love.

HuffsAhoy
16 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

Policing how a women expresses her feelings about being verbally abused isn't a good look.

Getting your feelings hurt over a joke based on real life behavior isn't verbal abuse. To even insinuate this is outright offensive to women who have actually, you know, been verbally abuse. 

You remind me that it's such a wonderful thing to love.

JINNOCIDE
16 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

Quoting a post modern philosopher:

"Why is somebody like Taylor Swift so obssesed with her "haters"? Easy. Because her haters go through incredible feats to bring the hate towards her and make her aware of it. That's just what being a woman in the public eye is like."

Every woman in the public eye actually IS victimized to some degree, depending on her level of fame, racial idendity, gender idendity. 24/7. All the time. Because people think they're entitled to dissect and disseminate everything about women in the public and read into every perceived moral transgression in the most uncharitable way they can.

Speaking out about experiencing endless verbal abuse and how that could f*ck with your percepection is always bad optics because people in the internet will twist it into "Look at this priviliged bitch playing the victim! Boohoo, cry into your 100 dollar bills."

Policing how a women expresses her feelings about being verbally abused isn't a good look. Especially when you use other women's reactions to getting abused to her discredit her reaction to being abused. 

There were comments on the other thread about how she isn't opressed :toofunny: 

I get her position and status, but even with that much she's still the aim, after so much time has passed, on the way she managed her relationships. Like, doesn't it ring a bell in anyone's head?

Meanwhile songs like Blurred Lines get #1 and nobody gives a damn.

STAN RINA SAWAYAMA

FarixGaga
7 hours ago, frederiickx said:

I mean, Britney Spears was called HORRIBLE things her entire career and she didn't say one thing about it. Taylor is being such a crybaby over this and I stan her too.

So what? It's disgusting and Britney had all the rights to call out this sh*t. The fact that she didn't doesn't invalidate AT ALL the sexist bullsh*t women like Taylor (and Gaga, *coof*) have to deal with on a daily basis, while their male colleagues are able to get away with anything. This comparisons are TOXIC and do nothing to further feminist battles. I support Taylor and Britney, just like every woman and you should too. Yikes.

JC

FarixGaga

Some of you should actually do some research about the 4th wave of feminism and intersectionality before invalidating a woman's experience with sexism and her rightfully calling out of this bulls*t. Still so much ignorance it's astonishing.

JC

JusKeepBreathin
8 hours ago, frederiickx said:

I mean, Britney Spears was called HORRIBLE things her entire career and she didn't say one thing about it. Taylor is being such a crybaby over this and I stan her too.

Right, women should be subservient.

Wait...what?:saladga:

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Chromatography
36 minutes ago, gag said:

The way you JUMPED to call someone delusional for even implying something negative about Swifties says everything about stan culture really.

You're right, stan culture IS toxic. You should try not participating it.

i said IF. i didn’t say you were delusional. just pointing out that all stan culture is rotten. i didn’t “jump” on anything. :yennefer:

i can't wait for #UnemploymentIsOverParty
cause it's the only thing that can explain twitter users trying to cancel anyone every fking day

get a job, get a grip, get a life and get over the fact that you're not famous

8 hours ago, Ikonik said:

i love how twitter users love bringing this photo from over 10 years ago of taylor with this guy to cancel her
however they don't give a single fck while Nike Manij is married to a convicted r4pist and releases songs with a convicted p3do :ohwell:

Reality

I think Taylor was right to defend herself and call out the sexist/misogynistic comments that are made against her. I think the issue was that this particular comment (i.e. the one from Ginny and Georgia) wasn't anything to really make a fuss abut. It was a one-off comment. Jokes like that about any celebrity happen all the time. 

Like, there are plenty of other issues that we could put our attention on, but this comment shouldn't be getting the light of day. 

🃏🖤👹

sethrb101

I think Taylor overreacted to the joke and Swifties are terrible as usual, but the people trying to cancel her for nothing are just as dumb. Everyone needs to chill.

#Gaga2020

Naak Le Vaar
6 hours ago, Dulo Peep said:

:triggered:

I'm still right tho :yennefer:

Lmao they blocked my signature

Archived