did y'all read that? DELETED, most of kpop DELETED!!!1111 from spotifyyy

:confused:

what's the passive agressiveness for

Buy ARTPOP on itunes or smth?

InsomniaMonster69

What? If they will delete DREAMCATCHER I'll riot!:saladga:

Edit: DREAMCATCHER is still there but MAMAMOO is gone :omg:

Regina George

Spotify clearly has nothing to do with this.. The minute it became available in Korea they decided to do this. Reasons are clear. 

PartySick
2 hours ago, Decodekid said:

My complete kpop playlist remains the same, i’m confused :mark:

Mine too :legend:

Spoiler

It didn't exist before and it still doesn't :emma:

🖤

vyniildisk
26 minutes ago, mister max said:

:confused:

what's the passive agressiveness for

what this clownery queen? i'm joking

edengowon
14 minutes ago, Regina George said:

Spotify clearly has nothing to do with this.. The minute it became available in Korea they decided to do this. Reasons are clear. 

yes and no. when spotify korea launched, kakao m removed their catalogue from JUST the korean version of spotify so that korean users would still have to use melon instead. however, allegedly, in retaliation for this (kakao m basically making the launch of spotify korea a lot less valuable by removing their catalogue) spotify removed kakao m's catalogue worldwide as a way of saying "if you won't let us decide where you profit, then you won't profit at all"

the artist formerly known as melancholia

Better Day

No matter what, I’m sticking to streaming. If artists/labels are that pity and they remove all their music from the services. I’ll simply won’t stream it, therefore no money from me. 

Together You And I!

Bitch the stans are going to rip everything apart wtf!! This is not good... biggole not good..

fragment-fragment--bul-uh...scab-uh..fragment-foot, bullet fragment foot bich!

Nooooo like half my playlists are gone!! One of my most streamed songs (Apple by GFRIEND) is GONE!!! :messga:

I don't understand pineapples, so I don't eat bananas.

Regina George
55 minutes ago, Autumn said:

yes and no. when spotify korea launched, kakao m removed their catalogue from JUST the korean version of spotify so that korean users would still have to use melon instead. however, allegedly, in retaliation for this (kakao m basically making the launch of spotify korea a lot less valuable by removing their catalogue) spotify removed kakao m's catalogue worldwide as a way of saying "if you won't let us decide where you profit, then you won't profit at all"

And IMO Spotify is right in this situation honestly.. They have a point

FrederickSpears

It's time for these kpop artists to get a new label and team then because this is NOT ok. You can't succeed in 2021 without Spotify. Spotify has nothing to do with this.

edengowon
1 hour ago, Regina George said:

And IMO Spotify is right in this situation honestly.. They have a point

i do agree. if kakao m is angry that they can't compete with spotify, well for all concerned that's their issue, not spotify's, and they shouldn't act quite so pettily.

i do think it's fair enough for them to only want their catalogue to be streamable in korea on their own platform, but when they extended that intention internationally, especially when their own platform melon isn't available outside of korea, it became petty and immature.

the artist formerly known as melancholia

A lot of kpop fans already hated Kakao M for things they've done in the past, but this is the ultimate screw you wow

My faves Loona got out of this mostly fine, but it's still weird and annoying.  All of their music is still there except 2 of their mini albums 🤔  I guess most of their music is under a different distributor, besides those two specific albums.  How random 🤔

My faves are fine but whats sad is that some of those artists who got removed are more popular internationally than in south korea that they rely on international streams

Archived