💓 ONE YEAR OF STUPID LOVE 💓

Use code STUPIDLOVE for 20% off everything

Sign in to follow this  
society

England hopes to lift all restrictions by 21st June

PawsUpJago

This gives me great hope for sure, the vaccine is definitely reducing the number of hospitalisations so far. I just can't wait to see more complaints from conspiracy theorists saying how the government keep "moving the goalposts" to **** with them when they are the ones who's behaviour is meaning we cant return back to normality. The government's initial response was miserable and they are of course to blame, but am definitely tired of most pretending the responsibility is not on the public just as much 😂

I just wanna dance to ROM in a club please lord 

Haiydar Ali
6 hours ago, Gimme More said:

All aspects of England's society could reopen by June 21, Boris Johnson has announced, so long as the battle against coronavirus continues to go to plan.

The prime minister, laying out his roadmap out of lockdown to MPs in the Commons, gave a step-by-step plan for lifting restrictions in England, with all limits on social contact set to be removed by June 21 at the earliest.

Nightclubs could be permitted to reopen on June 21 under Mr Johnson's plan, having been shut since the first lockdown in March 2020. Outdoor hospitality including pubs could reopen as early as April 12, with indoor hospitality opening no earlier than May 17.

Over 17million people have already had their first Vaccine jabs. The UK hopes to have given all UK adults a vaccine by July 31st.

Eu116AYXYAETJnZ?format=jpg&name=900x900

Eu116AfWYAIYXVx?format=jpg&name=900x900

Eu116AeXYAIamfV?format=jpg&name=900x900

Eu116AhWgAkQZig?format=jpg&name=900x900

Will art universities be reopening on the 8th of March too?

FAME HOOKER WENCH
16 minutes ago, Haiydar Ali said:

Will art universities be reopening on the 8th of March too?

I think that Universities aren't opening until after the Easter break.

Flying like a 1000 Doves

frederiickx
6 hours ago, numb the flame said:

Closing off clothing and such was so pointless to me. If someone desperately needed new clothes for their baby or child should they have to wait 3 - 5 days for an online order to arrive? What if they needed new bedding because a child wet the bed? I know those are extreme circumstances however it's a very real scenario. DVD's, CD'S and books etc, what's to say an elderly person who doesn't know how to use the internet doesn't have anything to do because they can't leave the house so reading or watching a DVD is the only thing they can do. I understand closing them off to avoid crowding but what is essential to me (CD's, books etc for my own mental health) won't be essential for you? (new clothes for a newborn baby who's outgrown their clothes)

Those things are not important. You can wait a few days to order a DVD lmao. My God, first world problems.

Edited by frederiickx

Miss Dolly
28 minutes ago, frederiickx said:

Those things are not important. You can wait a few days to order a DVD lmao. My God, first world problems.

That’s besides the point. People in Wales could get alcohol but couldn’t get clothes and tampons in the supermarket during the firebreak lockdown. 

Blue smoke is the heartbreak train

numb the flame
7 hours ago, frederiickx said:

Did you read what I wrote? If an elderly person who lives alone, doesn't know how to use the internet and can't see their friends or family what do you want them to do? Sit and stare at a wall for days on end? If a newborn child desperately needed new clothes would you just let them go around with holes in everything? While it may not be "essential" for you, that doesn't mean it may not be "essential" for somebody else

Edited by numb the flame
all on my own, i'm a toxic innovator with my trigger finger resting on the incinerator

Haiydar Ali
8 hours ago, FAME HOOKER WENCH said:

I think that Universities aren't opening until after the Easter break.

He said universities are opening too? On the 8th of March?

numb the flame
6 minutes ago, Haiydar Ali said:

He said universities are opening too? On the 8th of March?

This is from gov.wales:

"From Monday 22 February, children aged three to seven will begin returning to schools in a phased way, while some vocational learners on courses that require practical learning, will return to college." The first minister said "Our youngest learners will begin going back to school from 22 February and, if the situation continues to improve over the next three weeks, we hope more primary school children and older students will be able to return from 15 March."

EDIT: I think this is the Welsh plan to end lockdown 

https://gov.wales/sites/default/files/publications/2021-02/coronavirus-control-plan-alert-levels-in-wales-coming-out-of-lockdown.pdf

Edited by numb the flame
all on my own, i'm a toxic innovator with my trigger finger resting on the incinerator

Karl

Hoping all of this comes to fruition, I in no way support the Conservative party, but the vaccines are going well, and it's nice to have a roadmap and plan for everyone to see, it gives you a bit more hope. 

Miss Dolly

Scientists are saying that with Bojo’s roadmap could lead to 30K more deaths. The fact all schools are going back at the same just shows the utter incompetence of Bojo. 

• LMAO 2

LastNight

Cautiously optimistic about 21 June, it would be nice to think we'll be able to have a decent summer and enjoy life again but we'll have to watch how things go. Once again the schools are an issue, it just seems like they're not learning anything at all about how to handle this, the only reason this new date is possible is because the NHS has done such an amazing job with the vaccine roll-out.

I should be getting my first dose very soon because I'm in the current priority group that they're reaching out to. I'm so excited for it, but also would happily give up my dose to a teacher if they're planning on putting them back in classrooms. I'm young and healthy and can work from home, I'd rather it be put to better use - but I guess that's not how it works.

Anyway, let's hope people continue to be sensible with social distancing and that the vaccination programme stays a success!

Edited by LastNight
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

numb the flame
25 minutes ago, Miss Dolly said:

Scientists are saying that with Bojo’s roadmap could lead to 30K more deaths. The fact all schools are going back at the same just shows the utter incompetence of Bojo. 

This is the exact reason I'm asking to learn from home not only because I like working in my own space but I also don't trust our "leaders" as we'll be straight back in a lockdown come October at the latest.  

• Like 1

Ricksies

Wonderful news from the Government, hope it all goes well. 

On a side note - got to love the positivity in this thread..

Miss Dolly
Just now, Ricksies said:

Wonderful news from the Government, hope it all goes well. 

On a side note - got to love the positivity in this thread..

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.sky.com/story/amp/covid-19-scientists-predicted-at-least-30-000-more-coronavirus-deaths-under-most-optimistic-model-for-lifting-lockdown-12226058

@Rj Barker 

Rj Barker
3 minutes ago, Miss Dolly said:

I wish you would learn how to read, this in no way lines up with how you worded your previous statement. I've already read this article.