Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Rihanna has been accused of cultural appropriation

Teletubby

Featured Posts

MessyTop
3 minutes ago, ANTI WP said:

I'm just responding to the people who left comments in this thread

i didn't tagged you or personally sent you an invite for to support us and our problems 

you can go and fight for the BIGGER PROBLEM which you are talking about.

I just trying to explain a perspective. It is a discussion board I don’t need an invite. I’m sorry my comment made you react that way

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, MANiCURE 6 said:

If you're offended by Rihanna wearing an Indian necklace, it's sad. 

The point is, it's not just an Indian necklace, it's a Hindu God. Here read this.

31 minutes ago, pikapika said:

Just wanted to tell y'all that the Swastika is an auspicious symbol in Hinduism, Buddhism and Jainism, which was stolen by the Nazis.

By no means I'm comparing Rihanna to Nazis, but religious iconography and symbols are still a sensitive topic for Indians, as a sacred symbol that represents goodwill ended up becoming a symbol of hatred in the western hemisphere.

Otherwise Indians are pretty chill if you use their culture respectfully.

ANTI WP
2 minutes ago, MANiCURE 6 said:

If you're offended by Rihanna wearing an Indian necklace, it's sad. I hope you weren't offended by Gaga referring to Armenian culture in 911 MV or her literally making a song about wearing Burqa on ARTPOP.

Its not an ordinary Indian styled necklace bro !!! its our god in the fuccking necklace on a woman who don't even acknowledged our gods before !!!

i don't know what the media in your country showed to you .. but when Beyoncé worn the famous indian dress in coldplay's MV  .. every media praised her and showed her love 

MANiCURE 6
1 minute ago, pikapika said:

The point is, it's not just an Indian necklace, it's a Hindu God. Here read this.

Well I don't think Rihanna is wearing this cause she's a nazi :triggered:

She wear it because she find it pretty and that's it. It no big deal to be honest.

But you're free to feel offended, I'm just tired of this clownery.

ANTI WP
1 minute ago, MessyTop said:

I just trying to explain a perspective. It is a discussion board I don’t need an invite. I’m sorry my comment made you react that way

No its okay dude ... its very complex for non indians to understand...

ANTI WP
Just now, MANiCURE 6 said:

She wear it because she find it pretty and that's it. It no big deal to be honest.

This is the PROBLEM !!!

ITS A BIG DEAL FOR US ( INDIANS ) !!!! 

12 minutes ago, MANiCURE 6 said:

Well I don't think Rihanna is wearing this cause she's a nazi :triggered:

But you're free to feel offended, I'm just tired of this clownery.

Tres bien! After years of exploiting our lands, you'd imagine the newer generations to be more empathetic towards the cultures that your ancestors left in shambles. But nah y'all too cool for that.

DanielM
2 hours ago, ANTI WP said:

The double standards here :yennefer: 

Can i expect the same response from you guys  if an asian/indian celeb disrespect Black culture ? ( It's a genuine question .. i'm not mad at you guess cause indian culture is very complex for foreigners to understand )

The thing is to me disrespect is insulting someone, it's like taking a symbol of a nation or a religion like a flag and tear it apart. It's like spitting on something, it's saying "i hate you, your religion, etc" to someone. That is disrespect. Taking something beautiful from a religious and wearing it simply because it's a beautiful thing that should be admired and respected is far from disrespect. So, I stand by my opinion: people need to get a job and stop having so much feelings about everything. There are far more important subjects to be angry about in this world. 

MessyTop
1 minute ago, DanielM said:

The thing is to me disrespect is insulting someone, it's like taking a symbol of a nation or a religion like a flag and tear it apart. It's like spitting on something, it's saying "i hate you, your religion, etc" to someone. That is disrespect. Taking something beautiful from a religious and wearing it simply because it's a beautiful thing that should be admired and respected is far from disrespect. So, I stand by my opinion: people need to get a job and stop having so much feelings about everything. There are far more important subjects to be angry about in this world. 

Wink Tea GIF by Dolly Parton

ANTI WP
3 minutes ago, DanielM said:

Okay i respect your opinion but i never meant she disrespected my god !!! 

i was talking about the people who called us " CRAZY " for asking her to not do it again.

You can wear ganesha  chian with your clothes on cause that's what we hindu women do !!! ... you don't have to improve my religion and we are not asking for that .

JusKeepBreathin
10 minutes ago, pikapika said:

Tres bien! After years of exploiting our lands, you'd imagine the newer generations to be more empathetic towards the cultures that your ancestors left in shambles. But nah y'all too cool for that.

But Rihanna's ancestors were in shackles while those people were exploiting your lands. 

What does she have to do with that? 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

1 minute ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

But Rihanna's ancestors were in shackles while those people were exploiting your lands. 

What does she have to do with that? 

I was replying back to a French GGD member. 

JusKeepBreathin
1 minute ago, pikapika said:

I was replying back to a French GGD member. 

:ladyhaha: sorry

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

JazzGa

She already tattooed henna on her hands just because ~*it looks purdy*~ obvi Rih does not care about appropriating Indian culture just like the millions of white yoga enthusiasts already don't care.  And teens who fetishize Korean men on Twitter aren't going to change that :shrug:

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with BrianđŸŽș and SteveđŸŽ·

2 hours ago, ANTI WP said:

The double standards here :yennefer: 

Can i expect the same response from you guys  if an asian/indian celeb disrespect Black culture ? ( It's a genuine question .. i'm not mad at you guess cause indian culture is very complex for foreigners to understand )

Not even a double standard, it can be compared to you wearing a jesus necklace :yennefer:

• PartySick locked this topic

Archived