đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Timberlake apologizes to Britney and Janet (finally)

bryanspears

Featured Posts

People should just let him be. No praise, no unnecessary shaming. This is a thing that he had to do years earlier but you can't blame him for finally doing it. If what he said about this being the first step is true - I'm looking forward to seeing what's next. 

My expectations are very low tho lol.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bradley
1 minute ago, ALGAYDO said:

I would’ve agreed with you if he was actually sincere, and if he didn’t do this because of his PR team. This “apology” is extremely transparent. Also, not you bringing up suicide like that :ohno: 

I genuinely think it as a sincere apology, and I know me saying this doesn't have much power to change your mind. But if you've decided that it is not a sincere one, can you at least explain why (as in, how do you know he doesn't believe in the words he writes and only wrote that because PR requires him)? Or at least, have you ever considered how a sincere apology should be worded? Is there a line in there that sounds like he's diverting blame? Because from I read, there is zero hint at placing the blame on anyone but himself. He is taking full accountability of the wrongdoings.

There is a difference between PR statements from companies that go "We are sorry for the inconvenience caused" that is very impersonal in nature and actual written apologies by single individuals like the one JT did. You can't just equate them together as being PR products.

ModernEcstasy

Okay, he has apologised. Now let’s all move on and hope that his words are sincere and that he has truly grown. 

People drag him for ruining lives/careers and then  try to do the same to him in return. Make it make sense?!?

Give the guy a chance to make amends. You can’t change the past and you don’t have to support his music/movies.
Let’s move on in a better direction, together. 

Bradley
4 minutes ago, Gimme More said:

Did you not read the comment I responded to? :what:

Pipe down before you come for me.

Yes I did. The post is asking people to stop cancelling Justin Timberlake.

And I quoted you to tell you that he is apologising for every single thing you were talking about. What's done cannot be undone. if you were quoting something new, something recent that JT did, then I'd be on your side.

Believe me I think Britney Spears deserves every bit of justice the world owes her.

Nearly 2 decades of damage has been done. The time to apologize was 15 years ago not now. He isn't apologizing out of remorse for his actions or how he went about it - he's apologizing because the pendulum has shifted out of his favor and people see now what he did was wrong and are angry about it.

thefamebitch

It’s the least he could do considering he stood silent after literally ripping off a part of woman top at the super bowl (exposing her breasts to millions) and then allowed the media and general public to cancel and blacklist her. He should have been shunned for exposing a woman and allowing her to become a punching bag for years.  

oh yeah and the freakin NFL gave him his own solo halftime show years later... :fthis:

Chromatography
3 hours ago, Gimme More said:

He deserves it

“The world has long been full of Madonna-wannabes, and I might have even dated a couple. But there is truly only one Madonna.” 

“I’d like to think that, at first, he’ll diss a popular female singer. Publicly, they’ll claim to be virgins but privately… he hit it.”

he's mock her virginity"

Et5t72UXIAA53Cm?format=jpg&name=medium

Shall I provide more reasons?

wow, i never knew about all of these things. that’s absolutely horrible. seeing this and then his post transmits for me that he’s not sorry at all

Just A Holy Fool

Easy for him to say now... he's got a great life and Britney has no control over her's. 

En_Sabah_Nur

The only thing I think he should apologize for is not speaking out/standing up for Janet back in the day... :koons: 

Egypt. W

Bradley
40 minutes ago, Halle said:

People should just let him be. No praise, no unnecessary shaming. This is a thing that he had to do years earlier but you can't blame him for finally doing it. If what he said about this being the first step is true - I'm looking forward to seeing what's next. 

My expectations are very low tho lol.

People are literally leaving him with no route at all. I don't mind people offering criticism, but when they offer criticism, at least consider an alternative method that would've been feasible and desirable, then their criticism would've been much more valid because then we could accuse JT for having chosen the mellow route (perhaps apologies which seek to exonerate themselves from the offence) when he could've pressed harder into recognising his own misdoings and taking accountability.

Literally none of the people accusing JT of being insincere have given a valid suggestion on how the apology could've sounded better.

GovernmentHookah

He’s a jerk and an a******.  He’s a wannabe frat boy who tried to be cool by putting down other prominent women who were far more talented than he will ever be. I used to like Justin (especially during his sophomore album era) but there’s no denying that he represented (and still represents) the misogynistic vulturous culture that tried to destroy both Janet and Britney. FYI - I think I even read somewhere that he wasn’t even approachable or nice when someone tried to meet him.

Why are y’all trying to cancel him so Hard? He is not that problematic. As a young man, in the 2000s he’s obviously going to be critical of Britney, after all she cheated on him. He has a right to respond to that.

As far as Janet is concerned: I believe it was calculated. I don’t think her breast patch accidently fell off. It was publicity. She just got punished- and punished too hard. He should have took up for her back in the day since he was apart of it. That’s the only reason I have resentment for him. 

The Britney stans on this site want him murdered, but y’all don’t hold her accountable for what she did to him. They’ve both moved on from their messy break up. Y’all should too. 

FrederickSpears

Ok cool, now can everyone move on and focus on what the Documentary was actually about: Jamie Spears and the corrupt Conservatorship. He needs to be removed and the conservatorship needs to end. Now.

1 hour ago, Dulo Peep said:

it's so disappointing to read this from you queen adn you wrote it in such cruel way too :( specially because you have been such loud advocate for female rights, equality and i admired that. I never thought you would put those values on the side for him or any other artist. I know my opinion won't matter much to you anyways. Blessings. 

I am in no way excusing Justin Timberlake's behavior at all, it's obvious that in general he kinda has a macho vibe, not to mention he was caught cheating on his wife Jessica Biel in recent years, and as a young guy especially in the 00s, where sexism was rampant in the media more than now, he did things that he shouldn't have done. But as a person, and that's my sentiment and opinion, it's tiring to hear everywhere on social media that Justin Timberlake did so and so to Janet Jackson which Janet talked about on Oprah back then, she talked about hiw disappointed she was, then Justin apologized to her, then Janet accepted the apology but didn't consider him as a friend anymore. People want apologies from celebs but in such a weird obsessive way that it really starts being annoying, and as someone who can and always has separated artists from their art (I understand most people don't do it) and I don't always keep up with what celebs do on a daily basis with their lives, their choices, their daily struggles, to me it was annoying as hell. It's one thing to do a 20 min youtube video to talk about Justin's problematic actions from 10+ years ago, it's another where when u check his new song/Album u get these comments over and over again. That was what I was talking about, that's it. 

Archived