Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
life

Rolling Stone: Born This Way is better than Express Yourself

Lighter

Featured Posts

Massive Monster

The way they want to stir sh*t up :ladyhaha:

They are both great.

And the truth is that Express Yourself was inspired by older R&B songs, and it influenced many songs before BTW.

What I love about BTW is that it's a wall of sound, it's big, otherworldly yet church-like.

And more importantly it's explicitly LGBTQ+ which was bold and risky. 

Kind regards

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
dimitristhe

Express Yourself (Single Version) = Born This Way >>>>>> Express Yourself (Album Version) 

When we're not together tell me everything's gonna be alright

LilyLark

They're looking for clicks from the fans and the anti-stans....

I think there are obvious similarities, but I also believe there are obvious similarities between Norman F*cking Rockwell and Diamonds and Rust, Crazy in Love and some old R & B song (can't recall the title right now), etc. Basically, what I'm saying is it's nothing new and I never understood why it became such a big deal when there are a million other examples like BTW and Express Yourself. I mean, it's not like when the Beach Boys straight up ripped from Chuck Berry down to the lyrics and melody. My best guess is at the time some of the backlash was already brewing against Gaga and it became an easy thing to latch on to.

The Gaga vs Madonna thing was definitely planned from both teams.

Great marketing for them both, I'm sure there has never been any bad blood between them both 

Lighter
54 minutes ago, Samma123 said:

The Gaga vs Madonna thing was definitely planned from both teams.

Great marketing for them both, I'm sure there has never been any bad blood between them both 

no lmao. Don’t say this cause it’s just gonna cover up the humiliation and bullying Gaga went through

littlepotter
11 hours ago, Noir said:

I like Madonna but I do prefer Born This Way and I will die on this hill. :bye:

Why would you die on the hill if everyone seems to agree with you :poot:

chaeri pls

MelbHawker

They are both flawless songs. I hate how these media giants continue to pit women against each other. It just fuels the toxicity that already exists amongst fandoms. 

4 hours ago, LilyLark said:

They're looking for clicks from the fans and the anti-stans....

I think there are obvious similarities, but I also believe there are obvious similarities between Norman F*cking Rockwell and Diamonds and Rust, Crazy in Love and some old R & B song (can't recall the title right now), etc. Basically, what I'm saying is it's nothing new and I never understood why it became such a big deal when there are a million other examples like BTW and Express Yourself. I mean, it's not like when the Beach Boys straight up ripped from Chuck Berry down to the lyrics and melody. My best guess is at the time some of the backlash was already brewing against Gaga and it became an easy thing to latch on to.

It was very that. Also that typically the rip-off sounds at least a little aesthetically different whereas BTW was disco much like EY. I’m not saying it IS a rip-off, but that in this case i think it activates people A) because the backlash to Gaga was coming like you said and B) because of what I said.

like Tik Tok and California Gurls sound similar but the aesthetics are different so it isn’t as immediately obvious.

i hate how i enjoy this sjjlgslgj

like, yes this was not needed and the feud has died ages ago but i cant help but remember the terrible slander gaga faced during the btw and ARTPOP era  :selena:

ALGAYDO
15 hours ago, Chromatican said:

Love how the tide has turned. This song was pretty much the definition of divisive ten years ago:

These are some of the most annoying gay men ever omg :bradley:

Archived