💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Born This Way Singles 10th Anniversary

RAMROD

Featured Posts

RAMROD

Thia iconic piece of music was released on February 11th 2011

It's been a decade since it was released, and the song still as important as it was then, agree? :flower:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS7K0KSEnRMuvApCxAbN6n

This song helps a lot of us to come to terms with ourselves and our sexuality.

Share your story on this iconic gay/lesbeen/bisexual/queer/trans anthem. Where were you in 2011? Were you listening to the premiere on her website?  :flower:

Anyone remember the countdown page?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQpfPqVaY4drRH37Rls5X3

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TSUNAMI

When this album came out I was in my first long lasting toxic relationship. 

I remember exercising on Orbitrek and weights while listening to Born This Way and crying because I was exercising so my ex wouldn't leave me for someone who was not fat. 

RAMROD

Like many OG stan, I was already excited since she sing part of the chorus on VMA. As soon as she dis that, the rest is history for me

You know, when I first heard the song on premier, I actually cried. It feels so great to hear gay, lesbian, bi, and transgender were name dropped and heard by millions of people all over the world. For me it was such a huge and important thing and that's why I crey. 💕💕💕

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Babylon Dynasty

I was just 6 yo lol, I listened it in the radio but I wasn't a LM so I didn't notice that it was her, I rediscovered the song when I was 12/13 and it helped me so much accepting my sexuality back then (the entire album did), now with 16 yo and as a Little Monster I'm so happy to celebrate the 10th anniversary of this masterpiece with fellow monsters (most of them veteran) and... yeah I hope to be here to celebrate the 20th anniversary too lol :pawsup::party:

Strike a pose ❤🧡💛💚💙💜🤎🖤🤍💖

TSUNAMI
3 minutes ago, Babylon gypsy said:

I was just 6 yo lol, I listened it in the radio but I wasn't a LM so I didn't notice that it was her, I rediscovered the song when I was 12/13 and it helped me so much accepting my sexuality back then (the entire album did), now with 16 yo and as a Little Monster I'm so happy to celebrate the 10th anniversary of this masterpiece with fellow monsters (most of them veteran) and... yeah I hope to be here to celebrate the 20th anniversary too lol :pawsup::party:

I'm glad to hear people find comfort in the song years later. 

We did it, kids! 

xoxo Craig

When this song came out, I was 12 years old. I remember blasting it loud but I didn't even understand the lyrics until I was older :vegas:

End Racism Now

Babylon Dynasty
8 minutes ago, TSUNAMI said:

I'm glad to hear people find comfort in the song years later. 

We did it, kids! 

I would've liked to be there supporting her during that era tho 

Strike a pose ❤🧡💛💚💙💜🤎🖤🤍💖

ThePopDevil

I was in 7th grade back in 2011 and me and my brother who was a high school junior and both of us being hardcore monsters since 2008 came back from school and listened to it immediately and cried cuz we both knew we were queer but we hadnt talked about it at all we just knew and born this way just amplified that feeling :heart:

HighwayFantasy

I can honestly say that the reason I am here today is thanks to this album. And guess what; I am so freaking happy to be on this planet with my life. Never couldn't imagine that for the most part of my life :')

Runway

I listened first here on GGD on the news page (back then the forum and news page were separate) and i woke up at like 5 am to catch the premiere it was so great

KindnessPunk

Good times, I remember for the longest time we only had that snippet she sang at the VMAs and people made remixes of it. That wait period felt so long! But it was so worth it, thank you Gaga :pawsup:

CatelynnMarie

I remember staying up all night so I wouldn’t miss the premiere on radio with the rest of the fan base. Those are the moments I really miss the most. It felt like an event with friends I never even knew or met or anything. 

yusuffelixx

I remember that i was play Gagaville for listen Bloody Mary & Marry The Night before everyone and before album release.. This album's impact so big on me, i got confidence and proud with that album. When album is released i was 11th grade in vocational high school. Thanks to this album i've been through a lot in the electrical - electronics department

https://www.youtube.com/YusufFelixxx

Mister G

I moved from NJ to DE shortly after the album in general released which helped me get through all of 2011. The single itself made me feel more comfortable to be who I am and less concerned with what other people thought--and still think--of me.

Archived