Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

Allie X - CAPE GOD

Focus

Featured Posts

Although it's only been weeks since I discovered this album and artist in general, I can't help but obsess over how it perfectly captures the theme of 'inner demons' and the concept of falling apart, such as isolation, heartbreak, and being an outcaster. I'm in love with the 'acoustic' instrumentals and the constant bizarre lyrics that comes from nowhere. The fact that Allie managed to do this while also perfectly incorporating campiness and dance elements in tracks such as 'Super Duper Party People' and 'Regulars' is just so powerful ugh her mind. She has a series of videos where she breakdowns the lyrics and how she got the original concept for each track and she strips down the meanings to the slightest details it's so interesting to watch.

What are your favorite tracks? :queenga:

Stephen

I love Allie X :nick: 

I do have an unpopular opinion about her tho. Read at your own risk :bear:

Spoiler

Idk why but with every new release I enjoy her music less and less :bradley: She's so talented but I'm just not into the choices she's making musically.

C1 > C2 > SS > CG

I feel like a bad fan but I can't help my taste :toofunny:

1 minute ago, Stephen said:

Hide contents

Idk why but with every new release I enjoy her music less and less :bradley: She's so talented but I'm just not into the choices she's making musically.

C1 > C2 > SS > CG

I love Cape God with all of my heart. It's literally my introvert anthem :staymad:

Stephen
4 minutes ago, Stan KDA said:

I love Cape God with all of my heart. It's literally my introvert anthem :staymad:

That's awesome :nick: My favorite songs of hers are Bitch, Catch and Old Habits Die Hard

Cape God is one of my favorite albums ever!!

Please link the track-by-track analyses. I haven't seen them  :heart:

34 minutes ago, Tobcho said:

Cape God is one of my favorite albums ever!!

Please link the track-by-track analyses. I haven't seen them  :heart:

I can't find any playlist but they're called 'track Xplanation'

Peroxide555
54 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Hide contents

C1 > C2 > SS > CG

I agree.

I love Allie... I had the best experience in a meet and greet with her - I walked up to her totally off my face p*ssed and said "TROYE SIVAN HAS A F*CK LOAD TO THANK YOU FOR"

She laughed so hard. It was amazing.

Stephen
4 minutes ago, Peroxide555 said:

I agree.

I love Allie... I had the best experience in a meet and greet with her - I walked up to her totally off my face p*ssed and said "TROYE SIVAN HAS A F*CK LOAD TO THANK YOU FOR"

She laughed so hard. It was amazing.

:lmao: you kinda spilled :billie:

i tried gwtting into her bwfore this record but i couldn't until cape god was released, it's such na underrated pop gem from last year, it has not even a single skip and i just love it

... and now i just sit in silence.

huttont

I love Allie X! I had meet n greet tickets for her concert before miss rona came along and ruined everything. My faves:

Catch

All The Rage

Simon Says

Old Habits Die Hard

Science

Girl of the Year

Fresh Laundry

Super Duper Party People

Esteban

Cape god is one of my favorite album of 2020.

Sarah Come Home, Fresh Laundry, Suzie Save Your Love are my top 3 on CG 

But I love every song on this album except Devil I Know. Its a masterpiece, very inspired, delicate, the sound design is flawless and I like the raw electro acoustic vibe on it. Its almost "grunge" in a campy way

domixwodix

Susie Save Your Love is my favorite on this album

however Super Sunset remains my favorite work of hers, Science is her best song, it‘s just eargasm

i was supposed to see her last may in cologne :(

it's sort of like, my past is an unfinished painting..

Archived