💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
rumor

One female alt pop artist sued another female pop artist over infringement 

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

ALGAYDO
22 minutes ago, Agunimon said:

I have to say, after everything, I don't think Gaga will ever release something not deemed as 'safe' anymore. 

Ever since she became a “part-time” actress, I have had this feeling. What she does in the music world can and will affect her in the acting world, and no major film studio will want to hire a risky client. 

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GagaSine
Just now, ALGAYDO said:

Ever since she became a “part-time” actress, I have had this feeling. What she does in the music world can and will affect her in the acting world, and no major film studio will want to hire a risky client. 

Jeez y’all are really bumming me out :fatcat: I have like no reason to stan if that will be the case

Agunimon
6 minutes ago, ALGAYDO said:

For me, I think it's more-so of the fact that she has been doing more and more objectively high brow performances and her age - I feel like as she grows she is trying to remove the outrageousness and risk-taking that Lady Gaga as a name brought with it. I still think she will continue to set trends in fashion and capture the audience that way, but with her music, I don't see her doing anything outside of what has trended in the past, or what is currently trending in sounds. I don't see her coming out with another Judas, for example. Although I certainly do believe she will continue to make thought provoking music that speaks on some pretty sensitive topics.

ALGAYDO
1 minute ago, GagaSine said:

Jeez y’all are really bumming me out :fatcat: I have like no reason to stan if that will be the case

I mean, she would still serve stunning visuals and amazing vocals :fatcat: not everything will be lost :fatcat: and this is all pure speculation, for all we know she could be planning another performance a la SXSW :poot:

lady-gaga-sxsw-2.gif

This makes no sense IMO. Like Gaga obviously drew influence from H.R. Giger (and I’d argue this person did too), as well as cyberpunk as an overall aesthetic which is has very specific visual cues and elements. I mean you could argue Gaga was “biting off” the style of other artists like Grimes or Arca by working with producers / photographers / etc. that they’ve also worked with, but this whole thing feels like a reach. even if Gaga was influenced by this person, I don’t think they were big enough of an influence to base a whole album aesthetic and major award show performance off of. And to say that they “didn’t expect the post to go beyond they’re circle of friends & followers”... I don’t buy it. Coming off of the national anthem performance and the general hype surrounding Gaga, it’s interesting timing to make such claims. 

43 minutes ago, ALGAYDO said:

The only current A-list female pop stars are Gaga, Ari, Taylor, maybe Doja (if she’s considered both a pop star and an A-lister) 

so who could it have been :oprah:

Depending on how broadly someone defines A-list, some might include Dua for her current impact :vegas:

I could also see some people putting Billie Eilish in the 'pop' category rather than 'alt-pop', that could change perception too :oprah:

ALGAYDO
1 minute ago, Chic said:

Depending on how broadly someone defines A-list, some might include Dua for her current impact :vegas:

I could also see some people putting Billie Eilish in the 'pop' category rather than 'alt-pop', that could change perception too :oprah:

Oh ****, I completely forgot about Dua :bear:

and nah, I don’t think anyone really sees Billie as a pop star :enigma:

ALGAYDO
9 minutes ago, Agunimon said:

For me, I think it's more-so of the fact that she has been doing more and more objectively high brow performances and her age - I feel like as she grows she is trying to remove the outrageousness and risk-taking that Lady Gaga as a name brought with it. I still think she will continue to set trends in fashion and capture the audience that way, but with her music, I don't see her doing anything outside of what has trended in the past, or what is currently trending in sounds. I don't see her coming out with another Judas, for example. Although I certainly do believe she will continue to make thought provoking music that speaks on some pretty sensitive topics.

This reminds me of that quote she’s said a few times, something along the lines of “it’s okay to look in the rear-view mirror, but don’t stare.” That plus the fact that she’s made it pretty obvious that she doesn’t enjoy being a “pop star” anymore :fatcat:

I’ll still always love and appreciate her tho, whatever route she decided to go down. 

ProdigyARTPOP
2 minutes ago, ALGAYDO said:

This reminds me of that quote she’s said a few times, something along the lines of “it’s okay to look in the rear-view mirror, but don’t stare.” That plus the fact that she’s made it pretty obvious that she doesn’t enjoy being a “pop star” anymore :fatcat:

I’ll still always love and appreciate her tho, whatever route she decided to go down. 

All of this I agree with,

Gaga will always have that grit and edge,

but I feel like the women who allowed herself to get vomited on and who wore a dress made out of meat has simply evolved and grown up

omffgggggggfgfg I was never imagining the A-list being GAGA!!!! I'm shook, I can totally see Qualiatik wanting compensation

GagaSine

I highly doubt Qualiatik sued Gaga and won, she is literally relying on financial aid to attend school. I think it’s just a coincident that she posted this at the same time that tweet came up. At least from the way she’s talking about it, but also she might not be allowed to talk about the legal case if there is one.

I think tweet in the OP is about something else.

Wait is Gaga really the pop star who was sued? Aren’t lawsuits and settlements in the public domain? 

Archived