💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

Björk's Vulnicura turns 6!

alsemanche

Featured Posts

alsemanche

Björk's eighth studio album, Vulnicura, was released 6 years ago today. The album is commonly referred to as her breakup album, which she wrote following her breakup with Matthew Barney.

Vulnicura was Björk's first collaborative album with Arca, and it heavily relies on string instruments. It depicts a narrative of pre- and post-breakup that culminates in the 10-minute epic "Black Lake", and it features a collaboration with Anohni on the song "Atom Dance".

image.jpg What are you thoughts on this album? What are you favorite songs from it?

Soft, soothing, and succulent

ajmsamuel
2 minutes ago, alsemanche said:

Björk's eighth studio album, Vulnicura, was released 6 years ago today. The album is commonly referred to as her breakup album, which she wrote following her breakup with Matthew Barney.

Vulnicura was Björk's first collaborative album with Arca, and it heavily relies on string instruments. It depicts a narrative of pre- and post-breakup that culminates in the 10-minute epic "Black Lake", and it features a collaboration with Anohni on the song "Atom Dance".

image.jpg What are you thoughts on this album? What are you favorite songs from it?

my fav of hers. i discover just when i broke up with my fiance.. was very important and help thro exorcise those anger and pain feelings. 

kindest regards

alsemanche
2 minutes ago, ajmsamuel said:

my fav of hers. i discover just when i broke up with my fiance.. was very important and help thro exorcise those anger and pain feelings. 

It really is a very important album in that way. The journey is very well constructed and the path from pain to healing is really well documented. 

JazzGa

I like how when Arca produces for a pop musician such as Bjork or FKA Twigs, she not only leaves her stamp on the sound of the record, but also you can always see the way she has visually influenced her collaborators to take on her signature BDSM-influenced style. Such a team up of visionaries. I still hope Gaga does a record with Arca one day but I fear it will go the way of the SOPHIE records 

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

Davian

My favorite Björk album after Homogenic and honestly one of the best albums of all time. It’s so perfect:giveup: 

FA710910-B3-E6-47-B9-922-C-C3-D4-A490632

What you want Lady Gaga🥂 What you want with Christina🥂

joannester

the melodies, the production, the concept, the aesthetic, the videos, the tour, the expo, the fact she milked the era for such a long time.

serve of the century.

makes listening to Vespertine a bit awkward though :hor:

I'll mop you all across the floor, snatch your fυckιng weave out Βitch

alsemanche
11 hours ago, joannester said:

makes listening to Vespertine a bit awkward though

I pretend they're written about diff people :messga:

Archived