💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Haus Labs "criticized" for 'triggering' ad resembling self-harm

Cameltoe Chariot

Featured Posts

7 hours ago, numb the flame said:

..?

I searched but I don’t think I saved a screenshot. It was a while ago and they didn’t keep it up that long. 

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Justin Drew Bieber said:

IF it’s real (hard to believe that they would post such an unprofessional looking pic), then I’m glad it’s deleted. I see it more like Tic-tac-toe but I can see how it would be triggering for some.

It's definitely real. There was a video of the different sized lines you can achieve with the eyeliner. I think it's a reach, but it's better that they took it down.

20 minutes ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

Wait, what? Receipts?

I’m looking. I saw it with my own eyes and it’s only if someone made a screenshot it’s been saved. 

I hope no one that commented "snowflakes" or "crystal generation" or in any way complained about this being overblown ever feels the need to cut themselves. It truly is a horrible experience with everlasting consequences. Read the room.

This was an official message from the Office of the First Lady.

Mother of Puppies

Urghh... seriously? People freak out because you draw a few ugly lines with a pen on your skin like a 6 year old?

Apparently you canÂŽt do anything anymore because there will always be someone who is affended by whatever youÂŽre doing. :bear:

If you think youÂŽre triggered by this, then just look away. O.o And yes, I used to cut. Does it trigger me? Not really, but if it did, I would change the channel.

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you đŸ§č

StrawberryBlond

I'm not saying no one has the right to be triggered by something. I have triggers of my own (I'm just afraid to voice them as I'm sure they'd sound ridiculous to anyone else) but the difference is, I acknowledge that these triggers are MY issue to deal with and nobody else's. And that it's not the fault of everybody else when they are unaware of my triggers. I just try to tune out or avoid whatever it is and try to think about something else. I wouldn't dream of telling someone to stop saying/doing something that wasn't illegal or wrong in any way just because it personally offended me. And I definitely wouldn't demand that pieces of media got removed that people had worked hard on and others are enjoying because it affects me and me alone. I don't know what happened to our culture to make people believe that their opinion matters above all others and to make life difficult for everyone else in the process.

elijahfan

Well, the number of LMAO reactions is a bit concerning... Makes me wonder if much of you have any real knowledge regarding self-harm. I do think the picture is pretty tactless (I mean, why would you put eyeliner on your inner forearm in the first place?), so I kinda get where people are coming from.

On a general note, not being compassionate towards people's feelings isn't a great look.

PartySick

Isn't the wrist/lower arm always used to model or give an example of what makeup looks like on skin? :huh:

đŸ–€

Mother of Puppies
7 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

Well, the number of LMAO reactions is a bit concerning... Makes me wonder if much of you have any real knowledge regarding self-harm. I do think the picture is pretty tactless (I mean, why would you put eyeliner on your inner forearm in the first place?), so I kinda get where people are coming from.

On a general note, not being compassionate towards people's feelings isn't a great look.

Gaga and Sarah have done that in the amazon promo video and they also do it on their website...

why? Because on your inner arm there are usually no birthmarks or hair that distract u from seing the color. ItÂŽs as simple as that.

Mother of Puppies
18 minutes ago, PartySick said:

Isn't the wrist/lower arm always used to model or give an example of what makeup looks like on skin? :huh:

Yes. (because there is no distraction on that part of the body.. usually no hair, no birthmarks or anything)

So does the drawing on their arms trigger people into cutting themselves? CÂŽmon :excuseu:

MJHolland
13 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

Forearm swatches are the industry standard :triggered:

Like... if this was blush or eyeshadow, are people going to say it looks like a rainbow bruises and accuse Gaga of triggering abuse victims? 

This just seems so silly 

Archived