𝔤𝔞𝔤𝔞 𝔡𝔞𝔦𝔩𝔶 𝔰𝔥𝔬𝔭
politics

Independent Scotland would be ‘top of the list’ for the EU

Miss Dolly
Just now, Dulo Peep said:

Some of those industries, specially the oil are owned by Britain and other ocuntries gurl, the moment you become independent they will drop you faster that Gaga did with Chromatica

It is our oil. When we get independence will get control of it since it is part of our country 

Blue smoke is the heartbreak train
  • YAAAS 1

bionic
4 minutes ago, Miss Dolly said:

Is it due to corruption etc the reason why countries don’t join? 

I think biggest obstacles are economic (reqs on country's economy and sustainability) and political (especially countries with border disputes, commitment to democracy & human rights). A lot of corruption or just cronyism is a big factor. Some applicant countries have portrayed the EU as the 'big bad' for the past few decades, despite the governments wanting to join :toofunny: Just like the UK Gov pretending the EU is a obstacle (altho the UK had a veto on everything) and then act shocked when people voted to leave 

Edited by bionic
buy bionic
  • YAAAS 1

RAMROD

Scotland have these iconic 2014 meme, they will survive.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ♥ tête ♥ à ♥ tête ♥
  • LMAO 2

Miss Dolly
6 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

F**k oil, we can survive off TikTok

RAMROD
6 minutes ago, Miss Dolly said:

F**k oil, we can survive off TikTok

True :applause:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ♥ tête ♥ à ♥ tête ♥
  • LMAO 1

PunkTheFunk

I'm not nothing without a steady hand
I'm not nothing unless I know I can
I'm still something if I don't got England
I'm a free Scotland, oh-oh (Be free)

:applause:

• YAAAS 1

FfFfFfFF
6 hours ago, Miss Dolly said:

Tell us more about the movement for Moldova uniting with Romania. 

This really comes down to the history of these places. In Ancient times, both countries were populated by Dacians (and some ther populations such as Celts, Sarmatians etc).

500px-Dacia_82_vChr.png

They were later were conquered by the Romans and they adopted the Latin Language as a result. After the Romans left, the Romanised population turned into what are the Romanians nowadays, and the Latin turned into Romanian (the only neo-Latin Language in Eastern Europe). In the Middle Ages, Romanians lived in 3 seperate states, which are Transylvania, Wallachia and Moldavia 

Alexandru-Asmarandei-Romania-Mare.jpg blue: Transylvania, yellow: Wallachia, red: Moldavia

Romanians living east of the Prut river lived most of Middle ages together with the people west of the river, in the red state. However, in the 19th century Bessarabia (present day Moldova) was absorbed into the Russian Empire. They rejoined Romania after WWI, not by conquest but free will, and formed the Greater Romania.

Romania_1945.jpg

After WWII, URSS conquered the region and forced a new ideology on the Romanian population living there. They manufacturated a new made up Language with Russian elements and promoted the idea that they are different people and a Slavic nation as opossed to the Moldavians west of the Prut that remained in Romania and were still ''Romanians''.  To this day, Moldavians speak Romanian (the Language spoken by politicians or at school is the exact same, however in practice there are some differences as it's the same with every Language). The Romanians living in Romania and Moldova have the same ethnicity, culture, Language and religion so of course, there is a strong unification movement.

In Romania the majority of population agrees with the idea of an union, while in R Moldova the most positive regions are the developed cities (like the capital Chisinau). However, as the older generations are getting replaced the number of people wanting to unite grows significantly, so it's a matter of time until the majority of the population of Moldova would agree on it. And of course, an union would be very profitable for them as it will help them integrate into UE more easily.

This is very long term but many people think an union of possible and by far one of the most likely unions in Europe. 

This is the ethnic make up of the two states, and as you can see there is no separation between the Romanians east and west of the Prut.

fg1jlftzkze51.jpg

For instance, I myself live in the Moldavian part of Romania and I feel no difference to the Moldavians living in present-day Moldova. Despite living in separate states, there is not a difference in Language, appearance or even culture.

Now, you have to keep in mind that there are more scenarios in which this could take place, for instance a federative union where R. Moldova remains a bit separate to Romania, a full union on the model of West and East Germany (the best option), an union where the Transnistria becomes independent, or ceded to Ukraine for other former Romanian regions etc. 

►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►
  • Thanks 1

Miss Dolly
8 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

This really comes down to the history of these places. In Ancient times, both countries were populated by Dacians (and some ther populations such as Celts, Sarmatians etc).

500px-Dacia_82_vChr.png

They were later were conquered by the Romans and they adopted the Latin Language as a result. After the Romans left, the Romanised population turned into what are the Romanians nowadays, and the Latin turned into Romanian (the only neo-Latin Language in Eastern Europe). In the Middle Ages, Romanians lived in 3 seperate states, which are Transylvania, Wallachia and Moldavia 

Alexandru-Asmarandei-Romania-Mare.jpg blue: Transylvania, yellow: Wallachia, red: Moldavia

Romanians living east of the Prut river lived most of Middle ages together with the people west of the river, in the red state. However, in the 19th century Bessarabia (present day Moldova) was absorbed into the Russian Empire. They rejoined Romania after WWI, not by conquest but free will, and formed the Greater Romania.

Romania_1945.jpg

After WWII, URSS conquered the region and forced a new ideology on the Romanian population living there. They manufacturated a new made up Language with Russian elements and promoted the idea that they are different people and a Slavic nation as opossed to the Moldavians west of the Prut that remained in Romania and were still ''Romanians''.  To this day, Moldavians speak Romanian (the Language spoken by politicians or at school is the exact same, however in practice there are some differences as it's the same with every Language). The Romanians living in Romania and Moldova have the same ethnicity, culture, Language and religion so of course, there is a strong unification movement.

In Romania the majority of population agrees with the idea of an union, while in R Moldova the most positive regions are the developed cities (like the capital Chisinau). However, as the older generations are getting replaced the number of people wanting to unite grows significantly, so it's a matter of time until the majority of the population of Moldova would agree on it. And of course, an union would be very profitable for them as it will help them integrate into UE more easily.

This is very long term but many people think an union of possible and by far one of the most likely unions in Europe. 

This is the ethnic make up of the two states, and as you can see there is no separation between the Romanians east and west of the Prut.

fg1jlftzkze51.jpg

For instance, I myself live in the Moldavian part of Romania and I feel no difference to the Moldavians living in present-day Moldova. Despite living in separate states, there is not a difference in Language, appearance or even culture.

Now, you have to keep in mind that there are more scenarios in which this could take place, for instance a federative union where R. Moldova remains a bit separate to Romania, a full union on the model of West and East Germany (the best option), an union where the Transnistria becomes independent, or ceded to Ukraine for other former Romanian regions etc. 

Here’s hoping Romania and Moldova becomes one country. What is the general opinion on the reunification? 

• Like 1

RudraCNG
6 hours ago, RAMROD said:

Omg this is the best video I've seen in years :air:

• Like 1

FfFfFfFF
1 minute ago, Miss Dolly said:

Here’s hoping Romania and Moldova becomes one country. What is the general opinion on the reunification? 

Most Romanians living in Romania itself agree, while the majority of R. Moldova doesn't agree as of now. But as I said the trend is for more people to agree as time passes and as the older generations that lived during URSS get replaced by the younger people.

This is a map, as you can see the least supportive in the rural portion of the Republic of Moldova (but the percentage of people wanting to unite grows each year there as well). More than half of the people living in Moldova's capital city agree, and in Romania 70%-80% of the entire population wants it. Also, most of the elite and important figures in culture in both countries support the idea of an union.

q3o86olog2e51.jpg

►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►
  • YAAAS 1

Miss Dolly
6 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

Most Romanians living in Romania itself agree, while the majority of R. Moldova doesn't agree as of now. But as I said the trend is for more people to agree as time passes and as the older generations that lived during URSS get replaced by the younger people.

This is a map, as you can see the least supportive in the rural portion of the Republic of Moldova (but the percentage of people wanting to unite grows each year there as well). More than half of the people living in Moldova's capital city agree, and in Romania 70%-80% of the entire population wants it. Also, most of the elite and important figures in culture in both countries support the idea of an union.

q3o86olog2e51.jpg

Here’s hoping it happens within our life time. Will it be decided through a referendum? 

• Like 1

Dulo Peep
7 hours ago, RAMROD said:

LMAOO WTF yikesss

Edited by Dulo Peep
dul0_pEEP in your Areaaah!
  • LMAO 1

FfFfFfFF
1 minute ago, Miss Dolly said:

Here’s hoping it happens within our life time. Will it be decided through a referendum? 

Yes, I think something among those lines. It's still very long-term and may take decades for one serious referendum to happen. Until then, once a few months there are polls.

Probably when the the amount of people wanting to unite becomes so big, like 80%+ in both states, a referendum will take place. Both presidents of Romania and Moldova pointed to this in the past even though they don't see it as probable currently. This could happen in 10, 20 or 30 years for all we know, but I hope it will happen during my lifetime. :bradley:

Miss Dolly
8 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

Yes, I think something among those lines. It's still very long-term and may take decades for one serious referendum to happen. Until then, once a few months there are polls.

Probably when the the amount of people wanting to unite becomes so big, like 80%+ in both states, a referendum will take place. Both presidents of Romania and Moldova pointed to this in the past even though they don't see it as probable currently. This could happen in 10, 20 or 30 years for all we know, but I hope it will happen during my lifetime. :bradley:

I look forward to future threads on this subject and I will have a further read into this issue

• YAAAS 1
  • Love 1