Gaga's "most memorable artists of the last 20 years" ranking

Guillaume Hamon

Featured Posts

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Economy
On 1/5/2021 at 7:49 AM, Regina George said:

Yea ofc but when I see "memorable" I think about the impact and overall popularity.. Yes Rihanna had more hits and is probably more popular rn but Britney is still more memorable with everything that happened in her career.. 

I feel like it depends tho. Britney is definitely more iconic among pop fan basis and people who follow pop culture, whatch awards, whatch e-news etc

But among the larger general population, more people remember more Rihanna songs than Britney Songs tbh. And Rihanna's success career span lasted longer as well.

So it feels a little subjective depending on the person.

I think Britney was bigger for a specific group of people but Rihanna bigger for the rest of the population that is not that invested in music or entertainment

Britney only had a handful of big hits in her peak years. She was definitely more of a cult following than a general population following

Rahrahbitchson

See when you do globally...and not only relevant in that overrated hot 100. We have no choice but to stan the real boss of all this pop b*tches :bye:

Quizás bastaba respirar, sólo respirar, muy lento...💙

Rahrahbitchson

See when you do globally...and not only relevant in that overrated hot 100. We have no choice but to stan the real boss of all this pop b*tches :bye:

Guillaume Hamon
17 minutes ago, Economy said:

I feel like it depends tho. Britney is definitely more iconic among pop fan basis and people who follow pop culture, whatch awards, whatch e-news etc

But among the larger general population, more people remember more Rihanna songs than Britney Songs tbh. And Rihanna's success career span lasted longer as well.

I think Britney was bigger for a specific group of people but Rihanna bigger for the rest of the population that is not that invested in music or entertainment

Britney only had a handful of big hits in her peak years. She was definitely more of a cult following than a general population following

Right?

Here on GGD it feels like brit's more iconic than riri cause it's a very gay and pop-obsessed place but legions of straights folks of every age + today's teen GP listens to riri tracks but see Britney as a singer for past generations...

If you check the masses taste Riri's more present and memorable than Brit is.

Guillaume Hamon
11 minutes ago, Rahrahbitchson said:

Or It's about french people seing gaga as the main pop lady unlike the rest of the world? 😂

Rahrahbitchson
8 minutes ago, Guillaume Hamon said:

Or It's about french people seing gaga as the main pop lady unlike the rest of the world? 😂

Well since she is the female with the most singles at IFPI yearly top global singles chart:huntyga: the audacity. 

Guest WhoDoWeHaveHere
1 hour ago, Economy said:

I feel iconic is the right word. Just from the top of my mind I can name so many things

School Girl Outfit 
Latex Suit
Strip VMA Performance
Snake VMA Performance
Madonna Kiss Performance
Messed Up Come Back Performance
The Toxic video alone
Shaving Head
48 hour marriage

I know Rihanna has more Hits and an incredible longevity and musically I enjoy her more. But impact wise culturally I feel Britney was just IT.

Rahrahbitchson
13 minutes ago, WhoDoWeHaveHere said:

I feel iconic is the right word. Just from the top of my mind I can name so many things

School Girl Outfit 
Latex Suit
Strip VMA Performance
Snake VMA Performance
Madonna Kiss Performance
Messed Up Come Back Performance
The Toxic video alone
Shaving Head
48 hour marriage

I know Rihanna has more Hits and an incredible longevity and musically I enjoy her more. But impact wise culturally I feel Britney was just IT.

Ikr, i LOVE riri i think is hard to decide because she is a really big superstar, but Britney is just a pop cultural legend, most followed artist in history alongside michael, her breakdown and her comeback is such a MOMENT in history, the random LA nights with Paris Hilton and Lindsay is just iconic. I think gaga and britney are the only recent superstars that made the media and world go crazy for them, and thats a fact. 

Regina George
1 hour ago, Economy said:

Hmm I would say this exact same thing but roles reversed honestly.. 

Economy
34 minutes ago, Regina George said:

Hmm I would say this exact same thing but roles reversed honestly.. 

Seriously? Well my general perception is exactly the opposite. Most people I know cannot name more than 2 or 3 Britney songs from her peak unless they are fans or into Pop culture whereas ppl know a lot of Rihanna content

But on the flip side I know very few who are hardcore Rihanna fans it's all casual listeners

To me it always felt like a smaller but more dedicated base for Britney while Rihanna was more the masses

LOVE JUNKIE
On 1/5/2021 at 4:33 AM, Regina George said:

Even Beyonce is a reach because Britney was basically what everyone all over the world talked about from 98 to like 2010. Rihanna and Beyonce are more of a USA based artists.

I'd argue that being extremely famous ≠ memorability. Like I don't think Gaga has ever been as big as Britney at her peak but she's a lot more memorable because of her looks, style, business, advocacy, etc. Rihanna and Beyoncé have both gone beyond the music world and have influenced culture in ways Britney never has

on a three day bender

Guillaume Hamon
12 hours ago, Rahrahbitchson said:

Well since she is the female with the most singles at IFPI yearly top global singles chart:huntyga: the audacity. 

I didn't say she wasn't the main one, just that the rest of the world doesn't see her this way except for France maybe. :)

Archived