Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
achievement

Gaga's "most memorable artists of the last 20 years" ranking

Guillaume Hamon

Featured Posts

Guillaume Hamon

A big french journal ordered a survey to know which artists were the most memorable of the last 20 years.

Gaga's the only american artist to make the top 5 coming at #4 ranking higher than Rihanna #10, Beyoncé #13 and Britney #18 despite arriving later than these 3 artists in those last 2 decades.

http://www.chartsinfrance.net/actualite/news-116221.html

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guillaume Hamon

Céline Dion's coming at #2 but she sings in french and has a huge link with France since 30 years so it's impressive for Gaga to come close. 😁

Regina George

Britney is IMO much more memorable than Rihanna.. 

zakariah
1 minute ago, Regina George said:

literally. rihanna’s peak couldn’t even compare to britney’s peak

Regina George
6 minutes ago, zakariah said:

Even Beyonce is a reach because Britney was basically what everyone all over the world talked about from 98 to like 2010. Rihanna and Beyonce are more of a USA based artists.

freebit
29 minutes ago, Regina George said:

Rihanna is probably ranked higher because she's more fresh in people's minds, and has a ton of hits. 

She's pretty much established herself too from someone who just put out hits, with a well recieved album like Anti, and is an icon. 

beaublue
1 hour ago, zakariah said:

Comparing peaks 🤣

Regina George
1 hour ago, freebit said:

Rihanna is probably ranked higher because she's more fresh in people's minds, and has a ton of hits. 

She's pretty much established herself too from someone who just put out hits, with a well recieved album like Anti, and is an icon. 

Okay but is anything she did as memorable as for example Britney's VMAs performance with snake, Madonna kiss, her breakdown? Like I said maybe in USA but people who are older and who are not as invested have no clue about who Rihanna is. 

2 hours ago, Regina George said:

Possibly, but Rihanna has way more hits and still insanely popular. I dunno. Quite subjective but Brit's an original icon

Regina George
Just now, Rio said:

Possibly, but Rihanna has way more hits and still insanely popular. I dunno. Quite subjective but Brit's an original icon

Yea ofc but when I see "memorable" I think about the impact and overall popularity.. Yes Rihanna had more hits and is probably more popular rn but Britney is still more memorable with everything that happened in her career.. 

44 minutes ago, Regina George said:

Okay but is anything she did as memorable as for example Britney's VMAs performance with snake, Madonna kiss, her breakdown? Like I said maybe in USA but people who are older and who are not as invested have no clue about who Rihanna is. 

Rih has WAY more hits. She may have had no breakdown, she had a Chris Brown scandal instead 😂😫 She hasn't had any major memorable performances. But is says most memorable and unfortunately, Britney is very much a forgotten previous star now, she's faded out - seems to be the way Katy is going too at this rate.

1 minute ago, Regina George said:

Yea ofc but when I see "memorable" I think about the impact and overall popularity.. Yes Rihanna had more hits and is probably more popular rn but Britney is still more memorable with everything that happened in her career.. 

Rihanna's had an insanely high and sustained impact. It wasn't as short as Britney's peak, it's been fairly sustained. You're right tho.

i'm pretty neutral on the subject. There'd likely be no Rih without Brit anyways

Genuine Guy 09
2 hours ago, Regina George said:

Even Beyonce is a reach because Britney was basically what everyone all over the world talked about from 98 to like 2010. Rihanna and Beyonce are more of a USA based artists.

france is one of rihanna's best countries - like Gaga. Britney would come higher on an Asian country's list perhaps

Stare at the Chartster in the mirror they talk to me too. #StreamFunTonight

Regina George
1 minute ago, Rio said:

Rihanna's had an insanely high and sustained impact. It wasn't as short as Britney's peak, it's been fairly sustained. You're right tho.

i'm pretty neutral on the subject. There'd likely be no Rih without Brit anyways

Yea this is 100% even considering two of her biggest hits were written for Britney herself.. Umbrella and S&M :vegas:

Archived