Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

Official Rupaul’s Drag Race S13 thread | Congrats to our winner!

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

TSUNAMI

Utica, honeeeeeeey. 

You cannot not love her. I was so sad they roasted her like that when in fact she just ain't cut out for it. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
COOOK
On 3/28/2021 at 4:32 AM, Rebel said:

The way she had months to create this and it's as unfunny as the ones made in 2 hours... no words :bear:

Tina's known in NYC for not being good at roasting. Like, at all. Roberta The Drag Queen said they actually did Tina a favor of letting her go last episode... they would've kicked her out in this one :billie:

GeeYewWhai
14 hours ago, Quartz said:

I thought she was genuinely nice. I like her a lot. Also, what about her positivity is 'toxic'? She not once ever invalidated another queen's struggles. Who is she supposed to feel sympathy for when she wins a lipsync? Herself? If she chooses to be excited about it, no one's gonna get hurt.

It seemed that she was forcing herself to stay positive instead of accepting the fact that she did poorly in those challenges. She seemed to repress emotions of dissapointment. Also sympathy for the queen that got sent home. I feel that for most queens, winning a lipsync is bittersweet, they feel for the girl that leaves whether they like her or not which is why most are solemn or emotional or plainly thankful out of respect of the queen who got sent home. She just went straight to thank god I’m here excited. Which feeds into my suspicions that she cares all about her self preservation and image.  Also the whole optics with the afro being an issue but not finding any issue calling a black woman fat and washed up (without a punch line and just mean spirited tbh) was telling of a lack of emotional intelligence

Nothing Happened

Quartz
3 hours ago, GeeYewWhai said:

It seemed that she was forcing herself to stay positive instead of accepting the fact that she did poorly in those challenges. She seemed to repress emotions of dissapointment. Also sympathy for the queen that got sent home. I feel that for most queens, winning a lipsync is bittersweet, they feel for the girl that leaves whether they like her or not which is why most are solemn or emotional or plainly thankful out of respect of the queen who got sent home. She just went straight to thank god I’m here excited. Which feeds into my suspicions that she cares all about her self preservation and image.  Also the whole optics with the afro being an issue but not finding any issue calling a black woman fat and washed up (without a punch line and just mean spirited tbh) was telling of a lack of emotional intelligence

I would have acted the same way because I'm just thankful I'm there. There is NOTHING wrong with being excited after a lipsync. Stop policing how she should act. You can't force a person to cry if they feel grateful they're still there? You're like Tyra in this scene:

angry tyra banks GIF

I will give you that the Loni Love thing was tone deaf. But it isn't about race. She just thought that fat jokes were funny. Please.

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊

TSUNAMI
11 hours ago, GeeYewWhai said:

fat and washed up

White people can be fat and washed up. Sorry, but there was no racism here. 

alsemanche

Why do I keep seeing people trying to make Utica's jokes seem racist... They literally aren't in the slightest. They were just lame (not all of them even). Drag Race reads and roasts are always full of offensive fat jokes and the queens don't take them personally because they know that they're just reads and roasts. Even Loni and Michelle replied to Utica's apology on Twitter and told her that they were all in on the joke (regardless of the fact that she didn't deliver them well) so I really don't see the issue. Why is everyone just now realizing that offensive humor is a thing on the show when Bianca literally WON her season :toofunny:

Soft, soothing, and succulent

GeeYewWhai
10 hours ago, TSUNAMI said:

White people can be fat and washed up. Sorry, but there was no racism here. 

18 hours ago, Quartz said:

angry tyra banks GIF

I will give you that the Loni Love thing was tone deaf. But it isn't about race. She just thought that fat jokes were funny. Please.

My point was she had poor optics and doesn’t really care about racial issues. The fact that the afto stired something up instead of calling a black woman fat and washed up (common stereotypes) is poor optics. While she may have not been explicity been racist with loni, my point is that it goes to show that her whole worry about the afro was completely superficial. She doesn’t care that she may viewed racist, she cares she may viewed poorly

Nothing Happened

RAMROD

Guess who's going home this week based on that :gum:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ AND I'M VICTORIA, MALCOLM! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

COOOK
7 hours ago, RAMROD said:

So there's a character in the challenge script named Dominique Perignon, when this was filmed last summer, and there's been long-time rumors that Drag Queens appeared on some visual for Gaga and now we're about to see a fashion film for Dom Perignon? 

I just Sasha Belle'd on it all...

15-DBF6-D7-ECA2-4-E13-8666-8-CF363-FF052

spasticdoll
29 minutes ago, BUtterfield 8 said:

Wait there’s no reunion next week?

the top 4 “RuMix” challenge airs, then the reuinion, then the finale!

xoxo go piss girl

spasticdoll
Spoiler

I love Kandy so much but Olivia deserved to stay way more than her imo, the judging this season is FULLY storyline based. Not surprised, but they didn’t even try to make it subtle lol. 

xoxo go piss girl

BUtterfield 8
4 minutes ago, spasticdoll said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I love Kandy so much but Olivia deserved to stay way more than her imo, the judging this season is FULLY storyline based. Not surprised, but they didn’t even try to make it subtle lol. 

If vanjie couldn’t make top 4 I’m surprised she did

Archived