Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
opinion

Your Top 5 Albums 2020

Frivolero

Featured Posts

Frivolero

Having the year almost coming to a close, let's share our top 5 best albums of 2020! 

My Opinion (share your's) 

1) KiCk I - Arca 

ArcaKickICover.jpg

This music is futuristic, out of this world and still somehow personal. The sounds produced are dystopian, musical, peculiar and luxurious. The way she sets the tone for most of her songs with bold synths and precise hitting basses is unmatched. Heck, this is what chromatica could have sounded like. 

(SOPHIE stans will LOVE this album)

2) Shabrang - Sevdaliza

shabrang_sevdalia.jpg

Absolutely UNDERRATED. One of the best albums of 2020; having album so soft that somehow still speaks louder than its other contemporaries. Her vocal performance is also hauntingly beautiful. 

3) SAWAYAMA - Rina Sawama 

Sawayama-album-cover.jpg

Rina really made herself distinct with an album so different, nostalgic yet modern at the same time. Her album is both cultural and global.  

4) Chromatica - Lady Gaga 

Lady_Gaga_-_Chromatica_(Official_Album_C

The way the interludes flow into songs (911, alice, sine from above), breathtaking vocals (enigma, replay), and liberating anthems (1000 doves, free woman) are out of this world. She made an album that is both classic and new. 

5) Future Nostalgia - Dua Lipa 

Dua_Lipa_-_Future_Nostalgia_(Official_Al

A truly solid album. I must say that this album could have gone higher with a little better non singles tracks (well the singles are amazing already). 

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Frivolero
1 minute ago, xoxo Craig said:

Of 2020?

yep sorry didn't include in OP :kara:

Bubblegum Bitch
6 minutes ago, Frivolero said:

with a little better filler tracks

Excuse me, but there're no fillers on Future Nostalgia. All songs could be singles.

Frivolero
Just now, Bubblegum Bitch said:

Excuse me, but there're no fillers on Future Nostalgia. All songs could be singles.

I would argue that boys will be boys, good in bed, pretty please could have been a little bit better as compared to amazing songs like physical etc. :kara:

lupuselectro

#5 Cape God - Allie X

Truly her best and most mature project yet, she's outdone herself on this one and I hope to see it live when concerts can happen again.

#4 how i'm feeling now - Charli XCX

THE quarantine album, nothing managed to capture all the feelings around lockdown/loneliness like this one. The hyperpop production is great too.

#3 Chromatica - Lady Gaga

Possibly Gaga's best lyrics. Love the interludes, transitions, main theme of mental health. Very strong vocals! Deserves more visuals AND the Chromatica Ball to truly shine.

#2 Fetch The Bolt Cutters - Fiona Apple

It's the first project I've ever listened to by Fiona Apple and I instantly fell in love with the lyrics and experimental production. She does exactly what she wants to do and I find it amazing.

#1 SAWAYAMA - Rina Sawayama

The best debut LP I've listened to this year. Rina is an amazing pop lyricist, her vocals just keep getting better and the production just fits SO WELL. Not to mention the lyrical themes throughout the album, which I fully relate to. The potential this woman has is incomparable.

In 𝕮𝕳𝕽𝕺𝕸𝕬𝕿𝕴𝕮𝕬 no one thing is greater than another, and kindness rules all.

1. "Licht" - Nena

2. "Future Nostalgia" - Dua Lipa

3. "Emuna" - Moses Pelham

4. "GDRN" - GDRN

5. "Unterwegs" - Apache 207

This year was a great year for songs and singles but a bad for albums tbh :enigma:

Helxig

Literally just

- Chromatica - Gaga

- Petals For Armor - Hayley Williams

- After School - Melanie Martinez 

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

Jeroen Bloeming

1. Evermore - Taylor Swift 

Such a beautiful record. This album has some of her most beautiful lyrics everWillow GIF by Taylor Swift

2. Folklore - Taylor Swift 

It's the album that really got me through this year.

Magic Drowning GIF by Taylor Swift

3. Chromatica - Lady Gaga

One of her best albums. It contains a few career highlights such as Rain On Me, 911 and Babylon. 

Lady Gaga GIF by NOW That's Music

4. DISCO - Kylie Minogue 

The ultimate feel good record of 2020

Jimmy Fallon Singing GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

5. Love Goes - Sam Smith

This album is absolutely mesmerizing. And that starts from the very first second. 'Young' is one of the best album openers ever.

Diamonds GIF by Sam Smith

Honorable mentions:

Future Nostalgia - Dua Lipa

Dedicated Side B - Carly Rae Jepsen

These Two Windows - Alec Benjamin

Heaven & Hell - Ava Max

Manic - Halsey

alsemanche

Kick i and Shabrang? TASTE YUPYUP

Mine are: 

-Fetch the Bolt Cutters 

-Shabrang 

-DISCO

-KiCk i

-Cape God

Soft, soothing, and succulent

SHALLOW
11 minutes ago, Frivolero said:

I would argue that boys will be boys, good in bed, pretty please could have been a little bit better as compared to amazing songs like physical etc. :kara:

Good in bed sounds good and it's kinda fun. 

alsemanche
14 minutes ago, Bubblegum Bitch said:

The last 2 tracks are what made it leave my top 5 tbh

Soft, soothing, and succulent

Archived