💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Taylor Swift is replaced by Brad Paisley on the Legends Corner mural

Teletubby

Featured Posts

As she should:trollga:

Not a country singer, never has been, always pop masquerading as something else. 

DOES NOT DESERVE to be on the same mural as Reba and Dolly:oops:

Don't Call Me Gaga

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LibraLove
1 hour ago, Thomas P said:

I understand why they did, but the sound and persona of the female country singers of the 2010s are a direct influence of Taylor’s legacy as a country act. She also served as arguably the biggest crossover act of this century for the genre (even before red or 1989 solidified her as a pop star).  
She and Kacey Musgraves are the 2010s greatest female (and imo greatest overall) outputs of the genre. 

Absolutely not. Shania Twain says hello. 

Thomas P
21 minutes ago, LibraLove said:

I said this century. Shania is obviously a much bigger cross over overall. Her sales in the 90s eat any pop girl other than Adele that I can think of. 

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Sorcerer92
21 minutes ago, LibraLove said:

Thank you! It's downright DISGUSTING how many people forget that the modern country girls would literally be nowhere without Shania. Taylor has done nothing to change the face country; never has and never will. It sickens me how much people worship this basic white girl :wtf:

Thomas P
3 minutes ago, Thomas P said:

I said this century. Shania is obviously a much bigger cross over overall. Her sales in the 90s eat any pop girl other than Adele that I can think of. 

1 minute ago, Sorcerer92 said:

Thank you! It's downright DISGUSTING how many people forget that the modern country girls would literally be nowhere without Shania. Taylor has done nothing to change the face country; never has and never will. It sickens me how much people worship this basic white girl :wtf:

Thomas P
3 minutes ago, Sorcerer92 said:

Shaina Twain has had immense impact and success this century. Try again sweetie :reductive:

Wutevaa you say. Not denying that she does, and I love her and her music.

I just dont see the point in coming into a thread and being rude :oops:

But do you :hug:

Sorcerer92
1 minute ago, Thomas P said:

Wutevaa you say. Not denying that she does, and I love her and her music.

I just dont see the point in coming into a thread and being rude :oops:

But do you :hug:

You are denying her impact by claiming Taylor has one. She doesn't but if believing she has made a dent in the music world helps you sleep at night, go for it. The rest of us see through her pretense. 

Thomas P
Just now, Sorcerer92 said:

You are denying her impact by claiming Taylor has one. She doesn't but if believing she has made a dent in the music world helps you sleep at night, go for it. The rest of us see through her pretense. 

That statement doesn't really make any sense. I never denied Shania's impact, and I am fully aware of the fact that Taylor Swift wouldn't even have a career if it weren't for Shania and The Chicks. I am, however, of the opinion (that is shared amongst most people who don't blame women for the complete downfalls of their relationships) that Taylor has had an impact on the music world. 

You are entitled to not enjoy her music, you are entitled to believe whatever you want about musical impact cause quite frankly it's all subjective, but stop being condescending and rude cause it really isn't a good look :hug:

MadreMonster

She’ll make a return to country soon - maybe with her next album. I think it will be highly received going back to her roots.

RAMROD

A choice.

He is this guy who sing this kinda song.

It’s hip now to be feminized/ But I don’t highlight my hair, I’ve still got a pair/ Yeah honey, I’m still a guy.

brad-paisley-640x360.jpg

:triggered:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Chromatography
32 minutes ago, Sorcerer92 said:

lmao so mad, seethe :reductive:

I love Carrie Underwood, I've seen her in concert, I even got a framed tour poster today from my parents, but she's far from a traditional country singer. 

I love Shania Twain, I got her memoir today from my sister, but she's far from a traditional country singer. 

What I think sets those two apart from Taylor Swift is that even if their output isn't necessarily definable as "country" so much as it is AC or pop, they at least have a lot of respect for the institutions, traditions, and hallmarks of country music. I don't get the impression that TS does.

Don't Call Me Gaga

Archived