💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
achievement

NYP: Sine From Above one of 2020's worst songs

David Ward

Featured Posts

lilboyblue

Um, it's a Lady Gaga AND Elton John track... they really expecting basic a** standard production? Love SFA. NYP can shove it.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Massive Monster

I mean I'm sure Bad Romance had some bad reviews and look what happened

Wait until she releases SFA as a worldwide smashing hit single with music video :ohwell:

Kind regards

Cookie Tookie

I agree. It’s the dated production, the excessive editing on Elton’s vocals, and the song overall. It’s great if you’re listening to the album from beginning to end, but I rarely ever seek this song. 

I still have no idea why Elton was on Chromatica besides for the clout. He sounds super weird. I wish it was a solo track, but even then the dance break I just don’t like it at all. 

MonsterofFame

Sine is one of the most beautiful songs on Chromatica in terms of lyrics and music composition. It's the production that is absolutely terrible.

Skype for recording Elton's vocals? Seriously? I'm sure he has a home studio he could've jumped into for an hour to record. That's probably why they used so much processing to make his voice sound "better" at the expense of it barely sounding like him.

The instrumental sounds like a generic and outdated EDM beat that is from the mid-00's club trance. If it wasn't mixed so flat, I'd give it a pass given that much of Chromatica is based on 90's club music.

It's weird cause I fell in love with this song the very first time I listened to it but it aged really bad. I don't know what it is but I barely listen to it anymore, so I am not really bitter about their classification :oops:

Mr Judas
1 hour ago, Ludwig Beethoven said:

She didn’t come up with the song though, 

It was written for Elton John in like 2013 :ally:

We don't know who wrote what exactly. Gaga has always been very generous in handing bout writing credits. I believe that the melody and instrumentation was already made for elton back in 2013 by SHM. I still do think that gaga and elton wrote their own parts in the song and gaga came up with the meaning and concept herself.

-

Anyway it's just my opinion that it's her greatest song melodically and lyrically. Judging you on your replies i can see that you only think of it as "dated", whatever that means. Which also is a valid opinion. :lolga:

Kahzandra

I truly believe SBA is ahead of its time, like alot of the old Gaga songs that are just now being revived 10 years later. Watch this sound be everywhere in a few years and SBA suddenly be considered the forerunner.

Remember -  Bohemian Rhapsody didnt really gain the iconic status it deserved until it was used in the movie "Wayne's World" 15 years later

Mr Judas
2 hours ago, Daredevil said:

every signal/song can be reconstructed with sine waves. the song is about creating something. 

The lyrics are an ode to music, creativity, life, struggle and gaga's own theory on creation. It's so many layers deep. :nooo:

4 hours ago, Frivolero said:

I feel that this song is way ahead of anybody's time right now

those who hate on it just don't get it

it's an out of body experience to listen to sine from above, and who even writes about sine waves??? C'mon this will playing 24/7 in every gay bar in 2120 :triggered:

My favorite from the album. Periodttt 

It’s crazy how polarizing this song is. 

my opinion — the song has a beautiful melody but I’m not crazy about the 2012 Swedish House Mafia production vibe

LilyLark

Eh, it's the NYP. I do think it's funny Sine from Above is so divisive, though. I believe the music critic for New York Magazine/Vulture said Sine from Above was one of his favorite Gaga songs of all time. He was hardly the only one who loved it. Other critics loathed it though, even critics who liked Chromatica in general.

Archived