💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Every 2021 Warner Bros Film Will Stream on HBO Max for Free

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

BUtterfield 8

km1prgocszyujktnaghy.png

Today the studio behind some of the biggest blockbusters in the world has announced that its entire 2021 movie slate will follow the model being established by Wonder Woman 1984 on Christmas day: they will launch in theaters and on-demand on HBO Max simultaneously, available in 4K HDR and free to subscribers in the US for one month, before continuing their theatrical runs domestically and internationally (as with Wonder Woman, no details about a similar limited window has been confirmed for international markets, just that they will continue to receive standard theatrical releases). This includes massive titles, such as Dune, The Matrix 4, and more—a list of the studio’s releases is below:

The Little Things (January 29, 2021)

Tom & Jerry (March 5, 2021)

The Many Saints of Newark(March 12, 2021)

Reminiscence (April 16, 2021)

Godzilla vs. Kong (May 21, 2021)

The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It (June 4, 2021)

In the Heights (June 18, 2021)

Space Jam: A New Legacy (July 16, 2021)

The Suicide Squad (August 6, 2021)

Dune (October 1, 2021)

Elvis (November 5, 2021)

King Richard (November 19, 2021)

The Matrix 4 (December 22, 2021)

Sherlock Holmes 3(December 22, 2021)

Judas and the Black Messiah (TBA 2021)

MACRO (TBA 2021) 

Malignant (TBA 2021)

Mortal Kombat (TBA 2021)

Source

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ConnorFilm

This is a bold, risky move. I applaud them, though. 

Your move, Disney. 

Twitter: @ConnorBehrens/Instagram: @ConnorBehrens

What’s that called? Adapting without being greedy. Disney should take notes :classy:

JohnnyVersace

Wooooow!

****ing love HBO Max tbh. Prob my favorite streaming service and this is such a huge plus!

JohnnyVersace
1 minute ago, Runway said:

I’ll always prefer cinema to streaming platforms 

I mean same but not when there's a deadly virus in my popcorn :selena:

GovernmentHookah

Idk how the industry will make money from this then. I’ve been a huge proponent of watching movies at the theater where it’s meant to be seen, however, I understand times have changed or will change post-covid. As a movie lover, I’m a little worried about what this could mean for movie theaters going forward.

7 minutes ago, weed said:

What’s that called? Adapting without being greedy. Disney should take notes :classy:

Um this is literally only about money lmao. This has diddly to do with what consumers want. It’s that tenet was such an abysmal failure and was so expensive to make. The studios need to try creative moves to survive. If the data was in favor of waiting for wide theatrical release, they would.

A move like this is as greedy as any other.

The ammount of money I'll save in 2021 ugh :giveup:

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

3 minutes ago, GovernmentHookah said:

Idk how the industry will make money from this then. I’ve been a huge proponent of watching movies at the theater where it’s meant to be seen, however, I understand times have changed or will change post-covid. As a movie lover, I’m a little worried about what this could mean for movie theaters going forward.

Honestly this. As much as people sh** on theaters and say they’re going to die off, the only reason marvel gets the insane budgets they do is because of theatrical releases where they can earn $1B+ back. The industry as is is basically propped up by these juggernaut releases. That’s always been dangerous, but it’s unsustainable without major theatrical releases. The industry can change, sure, but to get the profits they’re used to? That’ll come at the expense of the consumer.

Kadikaado

OMG I am looking forward Godzilla x King Kong and Dune (I love the book series). I am so hyped for these movies. Matrix 4 probably is gonna be an awesome movie too.

I am authistic, so don't be offended if I make a mess sometimes.

Archived