💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Sophomore Era: Future Nostalgia or Teenage Dream?

COOOK

vote bish  

133 members have voted

1. 1. Your favorite era:

• Teenage Dream
    • Future Nostalgia

Featured Posts

EgL3CvYXYAItQxH?format=jpg&name=medium 190295286101.jpg

Two sophomore albums, two eras that delivered. Two pop singers that started out with few hits but it wasn't until their second LP that cemented them as Main Pop Girls.
Although the Future Nostalgia era is still going on and with the SIDE B currently on the works, this is the closest we had to a Teenage Dream era in regards to commitment with singles, promo and delivery.

Which era is your favorite so far? SIDE B will be the equivalent to The Complete Confection so we'll leave out Wide Awake and Part of Me.

Teenage Dream

Teenage-Dream-photo-shoot-HQ-katy-perry-14201079-1707-2560.jpg b6f5d5333d1a212eafa08eccb933e6d8.png DIAPXEQXoAAGUNL.jpg

Music Videos:

Spoiler

Future Nostalgia

d5vs5aaps3w31.jpg EgWf932WAAMfd_W.jpg 5109_9_n.jpg

Music Videos:

Spoiler

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pennywise

As a whole, I like Future Nostalgia more. But the Teenage Dream era was legendary in terms of success and execution tbh

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

yes and

Agree with the opinion about, I also like FN a lot, but it's just not it comparing to TD.

Did you think I'd show up in a limousine? No

vyniildisk

Teenage Dream was born in a ideal, utopic world, where everything was perfect, economy was stable, people were happy,  not even Gaga was a competition for Katy 

Dua did what she had to do in the MOST CHALLENGING time of our modern era, the worst human crisis EVER. She truly was a popstar fighting to thrive in adversity, bringing creativity and willpower to push her work forward

Teenage Dream was the perfect pop album. Execution, promotion and the era as a whole was just faultless.

6 minutes ago, Dulo Peep said:

Teenage Dream was born in a ideal, utopic world, where everything was perfect, not even Gaga was a competition for Katy 

Dua did what she had to do in the MOST CHALLENGING time of our modern era, the worst human crisis EVER. She truly was a popstar fighting to thrive in adversity, bringing creativity and willpower to push her work forward

Tea. Although I wouldn't say Katy's was in a "perfect world", but rather a world in which things worked, while Dua made things work!! :pray:

I loved Katy growing up, but my heart was always with Gaga, and I never really developed the affection for Teenage Dream that I did with other influential albums growing up. Teenage Dream's commercial success was so massive that it never felt like "my own", if that makes sense. Everybody liked her. Everybody was listening to her. Everybody knew the singles.

Dua's in that perfect area between being underrated and overrated. DSN was a massive hit, yet was denied the #1. One of the biggest albums of the year, but debuted and peaked at #4. All of her follow-up singles have been hits, but Top 20 hits and no more (although we'll see what Levitating w DaBaby can do).

FN also came at the start of this pandemic and I'll always tie Levitating and Pretty Please to this moment in my life. There's a certain intimacy in Dua's music that TD lacks. I can see myself revisiting FN for years to come, whereas I hardly ever listen to Teenage Dream anymore.

I feel like TD's primary legacy was the commercial heights it reached rather than the quality of the music. FN is a sturdy pop album. TD feels kinda cheap listening to it in 2020.

Sneaky Oliver

Teenage Dream is the most immaculate pop era EVER :legend: it was a MOMENT for pop history

I’m on my Legacy Act era

vyniildisk
3 minutes ago, COOOK said:

Tea. Although I wouldn't say Katy's was in a "perfect world", but rather a world in which things worked, while Dua made things work!! :pray:

Also, forgot to mention, apart from E.T. future nostalgia have way better music.

Teenage dream the song alone outdo out perform, outsing, outiconic the whole FN album, and I adore FN, so that says a lot... 

Dr Fudge

While TD has performed better commercially, I just love how FN has more of a bite. Sonically FN has served big time.

Been a cuff touple, a puff bupple, a tough couple of years.

CannaeDrive

Objectively and factually, Teenage Dream (this coming from a non-fan of Ms Hudson).

"Fame Is A Boomerang" - Maria Callas

Regina George

So hard to choose... Both are iconic and booth are such a serve... I honestly cannot pick.. 

IMO FN took bigger risks and is a better improvement since first record.. I think FN’s sound is more of what I actually like 

Archived