BB200: Chromatica #191

Lighter

Featured Posts

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
likeitrough
1 hour ago, Peroxide555 said:

To be totally honest - this is deserved. Gaga (along with her team) haven't put the work in.

It's a shame because the music was all there, but this is easily Gaga's most mismanaged era... I'm surprised it's seen so much success all things considered.

Chromatica (and particularly ROM) has been a win overall... but it could have done so, so, so much better... I wish we had half of what Dua's given her fans with FN.

or they put in a lot of work but the world combusted into flames the minute an (a reportedly) incredible rollout began. like Bobby said, everything they had planned was disappearing around them.

LG completed her contractual duties, whatever promotional work that could be salvaged and went into hibernation. for anyone bringing up her HL obligations, she has investors and roles to fulfil if she wants to see her company next year. 

(i suspect that) she only performed at the VMA's because of the tricon award and put out the 911 video because it had been the directors pet project for so long. 

i won't deny that it feels like wasted potential but i wouldn't say that it was 'mismanaged', if anything it's been 'unmanaged'; no 'wrong moves', just 'no moves'. no one is piloting the ship. 

vyniildisk
34 minutes ago, SabadoDeGloria said:

i believe that would fall under *checks notes* ah, promoting the album! 

Shocked Rihanna GIF

Yes sistren, i thought so too

Peroxide555
42 minutes ago, likeitrough said:

or they put in a lot of work but the world combusted into flames the minute an (a reportedly) incredible rollout began. like Bobby said, everything they had planned was disappearing around them.

LG completed her contractual duties, whatever promotional work that could be salvaged and went into hibernation. for anyone bringing up her HL obligations, she has investors and roles to fulfil if she wants to see her company next year. 

(i suspect that) she only performed at the VMA's because of the tricon award and put out the 911 video because it had been the directors pet project for so long. 

i won't deny that it feels like wasted potential but i wouldn't say that it was 'mismanaged', if anything it's been 'unmanaged'; no 'wrong moves', just 'no moves'. no one is piloting the ship. 

But that’s besides the point...

Yes the world combusted into flames but (forgive the comparison) look at what Dua’s done - COVID happened bang in the middle of her album campaign yet she’s served a jam packed era full of uber creative promo, music videos, looks and more... hell, I’d even argue Miss Katy Perry did more. Plans changed, but other artists adapted - Gaga’s team did not.

Maybe Gaga just didn’t want to put the work in, and that’s fine... this is technically her eighth album cycle, she’s worked herself to the bone her whole life - to the detriment of both her mental and physical health. If she wanted a break, I totally get it.

Having said that, Chromatica’s lukewarm chart run is no doubt linked to Gaga’s pretty passive involvement in the album cycle sans a handful of big moments. 

You reap what you sow... let’s hope we get a bigger and better era with LG7.

Omar Vela

Gaga killed Chromatica, just her and her team... not even Corona can be blamed. She doesn't want to be a popstar anymore and that's a fact. I told you when SL leaked and she became silent that this album will be a mess, and that she will do anything to no promote the album n or even perform...

the way this tweet is worded :emma: 100% true but I had to laugh

buy Triconica on oTunes (the o stands for Oreo)

⚡🐲

ChicaSkas
6 hours ago, Oyster said:

being a gaga stan this half of the year is depressing. yay haus labs. 2020 Dua >>>>

Hi there! this post was reported for flamebait, it's best to not promote other artists, even in jest, or to bring others down just because you feel this way, I know it's tough being a Gaga stan, but hang in there, ok? It gets better. 

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

Archived