Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
press

WMagazine: Lady Gaga (amongst others) deserved Album of the Year

Bradley

Featured Posts

5 minutes ago, Bengalis said:

Then you don’t get a say in who deserved to be nominated at the Grammys or not. 

Is that simple enough for you since you don’t seem to think it’s disrespectful to single out a POC artist when there’s a cis white male band with a panned flop album among the AOTY noms? 

I don’t think Coldplay should’ve been nominated either. And I personally think there are far more undeserving nominees than Jhene Aiko. I naturally have a bias towards women succeeding so I hope she wins!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pennywise
59 minutes ago, Bradley said:

To somehow snub Fiona Apple, Bob Dylan, Lady Gaga, and The Weeknd in one fell swoop? We're not even sure a room full of chimpanzees picking up CDs at random and throwing them into a box labeled "nominations" could manage that. It's truly astonishing, even for the Grammys.

hello? 911? I just witnessed a scalping, yes ma'am there are no wigs left whatsoever :air:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

Serial Chiller
1 hour ago, Ryusei said:

Idk why every publication and fans expect a freaking AMA / MTV Award type lineup for the grammys... they always have left field nominees who also deserve the spotlight they usually can never get because of the more popular acts. 

Then call it something else, not album/ record of the year from a supposedly prestigious music institution. When a critically acclaimed album like Fiona’s, and a BOTH acclaimed and commercially successful album like After Hours are completely absent, then it’s justified for people to scratch their heads. 

This is the Grammys, not Pitchfork’s ‘New music this week’ or something. Even for less mainstream acts critical credentials gotta warrant nominations. As a poster above pointed out, one album didnt even have a metacritic page because it barely had any review. There are successful indie acts that deserve spotlight and then there are random local names thrown in there.

It’s arbitrary and embarrassing for such a highly regarded institution. 

Bradley
2 hours ago, Bengalis said:

Maybe expand your listening habits in that case cause it’s bigger than CHROMATICA in YTD activity.  

Not anyone’s fault this board consists of racist f-words.

Of all the albums to pick you go after the POC woman with a successful one. 

What department is she better than Gaga and Chromatica apart from YTD activity? Cause i'm sure that is not the only criterion the Grmamys look at in deciding a general category nomination.

Chromatica hit many things right, and hitting one thing right doesn't warrant a nomination in a general category.

What does being white or POC have anything to do with the discussion?

Bradley
1 hour ago, Adarsh said:

That couldn’t be further from the truth. Americans are actually a minority on this forum. And just because we listen to an American artist doesn’t mean that we’re automatically expected to “explore the genres the said market has to offer”. That’s simply not realistic. And I’d appreciate if you could debate without steering the conversation towards the topic of race. 

Thank you for recognising that race is not part of the discussion. Attacking me for misjudging the quality of the album is one thing, bringing in the topic of race when it's not about race is another.

Bradley
1 hour ago, Bengalis said:

Then you don’t get a say in who deserved to be nominated at the Grammys or not. 

Is that simple enough for you since you don’t seem to think it’s disrespectful to single out a POC artist when there’s a cis white male band with a panned flop album among the AOTY noms? 

The argument was on a lack of critical and commercial attention paid to an album. Once again, what does race (u mentioned white and POC) and sexual orientation (u mentioned cis) have anything to do with it?

Coldplay's album IS reviewed by critics, and garnered a fair amount of attention.

It's almost like u are discriminating people who are cis and white, aren't you the one who's racist and displaying phobia towards straight people then?

Justin Drew Bieber
2 hours ago, Bengalis said:

Maybe expand your listening habits in that case cause it’s bigger than CHROMATICA in YTD activity.  

Not anyone’s fault this board consists of racist f-words.

Of all the albums to pick you go after the POC woman with a successful one. 

You’re so unpleasant, you went from this, to saying only racists use Spotify, to saying how ugly you think Shawn is. You need serious help. :rip:

Justin Drew Bieber
5 minutes ago, Bradley said:

The argument was on a lack of critical and commercial attention paid to an album. Once again, what does race (u mentioned white and POC) and sexual orientation (u mentioned cis) have anything to do with it?

Coldplay's album IS reviewed by critics, and garnered a fair amount of attention, despite lukewarm reviews, which I did not deny.

It's almost like u are discriminating people who are cis and white, aren't you the one who's racist and displaying phobia towards straight people then?

Just look at their profile, it seems like they’ve gotten visitors from mods lately, only 7 posts, saying only racists use Spotify, and saying how ugly they think Shawn is.

chromaticainmyhead

In my opinion really successful and influential artists and musicians should unite their forces and create an alternative version similar to the Grammys in its categories and voting system that serves the highest ethical standards and actually represents the diversity within the music industry with the aspect of equity.  Where dynamics with already extremely popular artists (Beyonce, TS etc ) that get more and more nominations each year just bc they invest a lot of money for lobbying isn‘t possible anymore. The idea of paying voters so that they get the most awards at the ceremoney is just so unfair to anyone else who actually deserved the recognition. I am sure there must be a way of distributive justice when it comes to these voting systems. 

fan-tas-tique, chic, freak, slaaaay

Bradley
4 minutes ago, Justin Drew Bieber said:

Just look at their profile, it seems like they’ve gotten visitors from mods lately, only 7 posts, saying only racists use Spotify, and saying how ugly they think Shawn is.

Let's see if s/he will still be here to respond to me. :bear:

Justin Drew Bieber
Just now, Bradley said:

Let's see if s/he will still be here to respond to me. :bear:

Hopefully not, they’re literally the most unpleasant person I’ve seen on this forum in the past 7 years, I actually feel unsafe with someone so nasty here.

Justin Drew Bieber
1 minute ago, Bengalis said:

Then don't disrespect POC artists. It's that simple. 

And what makes it okay for you to disrespect everyone on this site? I quoted you about how you said “only racists use Spotify” a few days ago, and you never responded. And just a few hours ago you asked “am I the only one who thinks he’s ugly?” And now you’re sending off several insults to members and calling them “f*ggots”, you don’t belong on here.

29 minutes ago, Bradley said:

Coldplay's album IS reviewed by critics, and garnered a fair amount of attention.

Jhené's release garnered both commercial and critical attention Coldplay's release did not. Just because you don't see it aggregated on MC does not mean it didn't. It's a very successful LP and she's done well as well as clearly connecting to the Academy members to nominate her in the general fields. Coldplay on the other hand are merely getting by on the strength of their name and race because the genre voters that voted them in are notoriously racist.

And I'd like to add racism against white people does not exist. Anyone who thinks otherwise is absolutely disgusting. 

1 minute ago, Justin Drew Bieber said:

And what makes it okay for you to disrespect everyone on this site? I quoted you about how you said “only racists use Spotify” a few days ago, and you never responded. And just a few hours ago you asked “am I the only one who thinks he’s ugly?” And now you’re sending off several insults to members and calling them “f*ggots”, you don’t belong on here.

You're not the one who decides who belongs here and I didn't disrespect anyone on this site other than one person who also seems to think racist against white people exists and disrespects POC acts.

As far as the other post of mine goes Spotify is known for sidelining black acts in their main algorithms unlike Apple Music for example. 

But that's not the topic of this discussion. 

15 minutes ago, Justin Drew Bieber said:

Hopefully not, they’re literally the most unpleasant person I’ve seen on this forum in the past 7 years, I actually feel unsafe with someone so nasty here.

I've barely started posting recently I really don't think you have the right to pass that judgment based on a few replies. :ladyhaha:

Archived