💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Gaga to perform at a virtual event

StarstruckIllusion

Featured Posts

Papergangstuh

Yall are wild. It's some random ass Gala virtual event.

"She must be sick or demanded millions of dollars." What?

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/19/2020 at 5:06 PM, numb the flame said:

all I'm saying is if this was 2011Ga she would've performed an acoustic version of TEOG or Y&I maybe even BTW. If she doesn't perform anything from Chromatica (for example SL, ROM, Free Woman, Sine or 1000 Doves) then I think it's safe to assume she doesn't give a sh!t about performing anything from it anymore and consider the era over. She's been given two opportunities to perform (the Biden rally and now this) and the first time she sung Shallow. 

You said so whiney and entitled. “If she doesnt use this charity event to promote her new single...” just grow up already

Borislshere

....who edited this? 

I love the song choice and found it to be very fitting but like, this is sad. She could've performed this at the piano in her home and sent in a video.  Now i understand why this footage was never released 

MelbHawker

The reactions on this thread are so disappointing. This fanbase has serious issues. I hope Gaga no longer reads this forum.. it’s so trashy. 

NewUsername
3 hours ago, Miel said:

Look- I think it is fair to criticize how awfully put together this performance was.

I don't think anybody is criticizing Gaga's involvement in this event, no matter how minimal. It's definitely commendable. And in the end, the fact that she allowed "unseen" sets of Joanne to be aired for this event is pretty cool.

But it really is kind of comical how jarring the performance edit is. Obviously it's not the point of her involvement, and nobody should overlook that, but I think it's fair to criticize that.

Saying "Gaga doesn't care about performing anymore"? Harsh, and probably unnecessary. But ideating over any other possible option that could have been done over this sham of an edit? I think is a little fair.

This is indeed the way to talk about it. Sadly, as we've seen over and over, a lot of people on here just resort to "it's trash" without any nuance, which makes for very rude comments. Probably the first as well to go "omg, Gaga was treated so badly during ARTPOP, we don't deserve her"...

Freezie03

I rarely EVER get disappointed by Gaga... but this was disappointing. She's sold to us over the years that performing is in her blood and that she lives for the stage, but this past year has shown evidence that maybe she doesn't anymore. Of course, we don't know anything for certain, but I still don't understand why she has been so silent.

It's quite possible that Gaga is not in the best place mentally right now, which would be sad and confusing considering she stated that Chromatica helped her get through a really depressing time and help her realize she still likes being an artist. It's also possible that she picked 2020 as her year off (not completely, but less busy than previous years), despite the fact that Chromatica was released this year, although she'd be in even more hot water if she delayed Chromatica further, so she probably felt she had to release the album this year while also feeling like she needed a break.

This is all speculation, though. I'm just not seeing the same Gaga as before. And I know people change, Gaga has definitely had changes that are completely natural and understandable as she has gotten older. But I just feel a lack of... interest anymore. Like she would rather venture out into something else like acting, makeup, etc. rather than performing right now.

Wherever she is mentally, I hope she's okay.

Reiterating some things that have already been said here: We can't assume Gaga and her team are who edited the video's final cut. Sure, its her name on it at the end of the day but for an event like this it is possible that they asked her team to provide footage so that the foundation's team would put together an end product. And as for the sound quality, I really doubt the final cut was supposed to sound like that. The sound files were probably either recorded in different formats or at some point some were converted to a different format, and whatever was used to stream the content didnt support particular sound codecs from some of the files which caused it to sound the way it did on the second half (however, something was still off with one of the transitions). Again, we don't know who was responsible for this and it's not an excuse, but the whole point of her contribution was not to deliver content for us fans but rather a special performance/footage as it relates to the Lupus foundation. The 2017 error makes me lean towards it not being her team who edited the video, it having been put together without close supervision of her team (maybe it just wasn't possible for them to be highly involved, who knows) etc. If I were part of that foundation and had a loved one who suffers or passed from Lupus, I'd hardly be criticizing this the way it is being done here but rather would have been happy to see that an artist such as Gaga dedicated a record to it.

After reading the whole thread I was prepared for the worst...

But I didn't actually think it was bad? I liked the black and white effect, and I can see why she wanted to use this instead of just her at a piano. The concert footage gives a different emotion to it. Also I liked the audience shots and sound of the audience.

The only weird thing was the way the sound dropped off for the second part of the video, but maybe they meant for it to be that way like a background to the photo of Joanne.

Overall I think it had a gritty commemorative look to it, and because of the audience setting it didn't draw all the attention to Gaga. I think it fit to the event very well.

4 hours ago, Miel said:

Look- I think it is fair to criticize how awfully put together this performance was.

I don't think anybody is criticizing Gaga's involvement in this event, no matter how minimal. It's definitely commendable. And in the end, the fact that she allowed "unseen" sets of Joanne to be aired for this event is pretty cool.

But it really is kind of comical how jarring the performance edit is. Obviously it's not the point of her involvement, and nobody should overlook that, but I think it's fair to criticize that.

I wonder if she saw the edited performance at all or if she saw it too late and there was nothing to do. I don't think she would have allowed that editing.

Ghost Face

There is always something with a Gaga performance these last years. Or her voice isn't great or the song is poorly choosen.

She indeed is becoming extremely lazy and just a money grab machine, we no longer can denie that.

It's an honor.

ALGAYDO
9 minutes ago, Alice 911 said:

There is always something with a Gaga performance these last years. Or her voice isn't great or the song is poorly choosen.

She indeed is becoming extremely lazy and just a money grab machine, we no longer can denie that.

No offense but this response is kinda pathetic. Again, no offense, but the overreaction and dramatics... 

MelbHawker
52 minutes ago, Freezie03 said:

It's quite possible that Gaga is not in the best place mentally right now, which would be sad and confusing considering she stated that Chromatica helped her get through a really depressing time and help her realize she still likes being an artist. It's also possible that she picked 2020 as her year off (not completely, but less busy than previous years), despite the fact that Chromatica was released this year, although she'd be in even more hot water if she delayed Chromatica further, so she probably felt she had to release the album this year while also feeling like she needed a break.

Why must you make assumptions / speculate about her mental health? It’s so wrong to do so. To say this has been her ‘year off’.. how? She’s working on 2 upcoming films, released an album, made 3 music videos, slayed the VMA’s, put together a virtual global concert, worked with many foundations to raise awareness re: racial equality, campaigned for Biden. She’s also always involved her in her own foundation & has been putting a lot of work in her make up line. She’s doing fine. She was never in any hot water. Her fans were just shitty they had to wait a little longer for new music. :smh:

MelbHawker
12 minutes ago, Alice 911 said:

:fail: Unbelievable. 

Justin Drew Bieber
24 minutes ago, Alice 911 said:

All that you said is wrong. Gaga’s voice is arguably the best it’s been from 2015-now. 

Songs poorly chosen? Joanne being chosen to be sung at a Lupus charity event? (Her aunt Joanne died of Lupus). Tell me exactly where the wrong songs were chosen?

There is NOTHING lazy about Gaga, just this year she released an album, curated an entire event for COVID, was able to gather millions in Donations, filmed 3 music videos, did several promo photo shoots/ radio shows. If you think her posting about Haus Labs makes her lazy.. then sorry, she has a contract and has to promote her makeup because... it’s her brand?

EDIT: And calling Gaga “lazy” is the stupidest thing ever, you do realize that she also struggles with several mental issues that can be mentally/physically draining?

Archived