🔴 Limited-edition Red Vinyl 🔴

Sign in to follow this  
politics

Michigan certifies Biden's win

caulixtla
1 hour ago, Lion Heart said:

From the linked article: “The Trump campaign’s assertion is based on the attempt by two Republican canvassing board members to rescind their Tuesday votes in favor of certification. Democrats say it’s not possible for the two Republicans to walk back their votes. Michigan is due to certify its statewide results on Nov. 23.”

Once votes are certified, it’s done. We have done this rodeo back in 1876-1877 and there’s a lot of laws in place from that area that protect the vote and stop wannabe dictators like Trump from overriding the will of the voters.

“Don’t be unconscious all day on your f***ing phone” — Lady Gaga
  • Like 4

Lion Heart

I just dont understand why states don't force the electors to vote for the candidate who won the popular vote in their states. I know 33 states do this, but it should be ALL of them. I also wished that Michigan's certification date wasn't this late. I'm still worried about the meeting Trump will have tomorrow with the two MI GOP leaders- they have the whole weekend to put whatever nefarious scheme they come up with.

• Like 1

Stephen
3 minutes ago, Lion Heart said:

I just dont understand why states don't force the electors to vote for the candidate who won the popular vote in their states. I know 33 states do this, but it should be ALL of them. 

Wait... they don't??

ebbe10c57abee87504e95fe5c5be5275.gif

I thought I finally understood the electoral college and then I read this :bradley:

FATCAT
6 hours ago, Lion Heart said:

I just dont understand why states don't force the electors to vote for the candidate who won the popular vote in their states. I know 33 states do this, but it should be ALL of them. I also wished that Michigan's certification date wasn't this late. I'm still worried about the meeting Trump will have tomorrow with the two MI GOP leaders- they have the whole weekend to put whatever nefarious scheme they come up with.

It's actually constitutionally mandated, as per a recent supreme court case. Your vote can't be "changed" by the elector anymore. That being said, the campaigns choose their electors, so none of the democrats that signed on to be electors months ago are going to change their mind, they're usually national party officials that do it for their state i.e. Hillary Clinton in NY & Stacey Abrams in GA. There's literally zero fear that Trump could convince people to buck the system like that. Not only that, but the states that were even close enough to attempt a coup in already have their electors set in stone by law before the election, no changes can be made by the legislators. PA for example. And then there's Michigan where the state legislator has no say in electors at all, so that won't even help him get electors.

Don't fear, Biden won by enough margin to trump Trump.

chilly waffle
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Gagaloo911

They clearly are just grasping at straws now and attempting anything they can to make it look as if they still have a chance to change this thing.

We all know they don't. :poot:

Lion Heart

Jesus Christ

• LMAO 7

Lion Heart

Thread: 

This is not about making his base happy; it is a full blown coup to subvert the will of the people and avoid jail time.

Gagaism
Just now, Lion Heart said:

Thread: 

This is not about making his base happy; it is a full blown coup to subvert the will of the people and avoid jail time.

I also think he wants to leave the house messier than ever for the next president and do whatever he wants as he doesn’t have nothing left to loose 

• Like 2

Lion Heart

The level of disinformation is on another level. Jesus Christ. At this point Trump doesn't care about the truth at all; its a disinformation war game to them. That's it.

Thread:

Blue Lagoon
On 11/19/2020 at 6:00 PM, FATCAT said:

It's done, this is just Trump flailing before jail time.

He ain’t going to jail unfortunately 

Edited by Blue Lagoon
  • Like 1