💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Anybody who feels this way about Gaga nowadays?

MoonIight

Featured Posts

AJRocketMan

The Fame through A Star Is Born came from the little girl in Gaga — the one who just wanted to be liked by everyone and please her parents. Chromatica is about healing the little girl inside of Gaga; dealing with the trauma she had experienced when she was 19. 

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, veeen8 said:

Gurl, you compare that with ANY of her BTW performances and you can see the difference in energy.

Maybe thats because she has a chronic illness that leaves her in pain 24/7

38 minutes ago, WhoDoWeHaveHere said:

I'll just leave this here. that stage presence

And she still has this stage presence today Queen 

Gabi001

It seems to me like she doesn't enjoy performing and being in front of audience as she used to. Everything seemed possible with her on stage. She performed everything so easily, it looked so natural with great energy. Now I feel like she struggles, like she wants her performance to be perfect, but she doesn't enjoy it. She is just pushing herself through it. It is surely because of her chronic pain, anxiety, depression, meds...

And I don't mind her not performing so much lately, if she doesn't want to. Recently she gave us one of the best music she has ever done (ASIB soundtrack, Chromatica) and I am happy with it. And I hope she will find her happiness too. 

I'm not having fun tonight.

PxA limited

This far into thread, I doubt anyone will read this, but yes I agree.

The truth is that its no longer the same girl. I've been a fan since beginning and I've followed her closely. Just the transition was slow, so some fans got accustomed to it. But I clearly and vididly remember her.

Everything she did before had some style and class, Idk how to explain, but now a lot of things look like a cheap version of Gaga. Like an impersonator sometimes,. She was much more hardcore somehow, now she's a little meh, without the edge she had. Must be the meds and that's ok. But not just that, she's become this rich celebrity she hated before.

There is no one reason for this, there can be multiple. It's not just ARTPOP or fibromyalgia..who knows what goes around in her life including love life, the Taylor stuff and so on. So it's not like I don't get it cause I really do. I just didn't expect her to turn this way.

But lets not act like she is nearly as good as before.

giskardsb
5 minutes ago, Gabi001 said:

It seems to me like she doesn't enjoy performing and being in front of audience as she used to.

She might be burned out on pop shows, but her Jazz and Piano shows she has exceptional energy, audience interaction, and stage presence. 

7 minutes ago, petararthur said:

This far into thread, I doubt anyone will read this, but yes I agree.

The truth is that its no longer the same girl. I've been a fan since beginning and I've followed her closely. Just the transition was slow, so some fans got accustomed to it. But I clearly and vididly remember her.

Everything she did before had some style and class, Idk how to explain, but now a lot of things look like a cheap version of Gaga. Like an impersonator sometimes,. She was much more hardcore somehow, now she's a little meh, without the edge she had. Must be the meds and that's ok. But not just that, she's become this rich celebrity she hated before.

There is no one reason for this, there can be multiple. It's not just ARTPOP or fibromyalgia..who knows what goes around in her life including love life, the Taylor stuff and so on. So it's not like I don't get it cause I really do. I just didn't expect her to turn this way.

But lets not act like she is nearly as good as before.

Well to me she is 

AJRocketMan
13 minutes ago, Gabi001 said:

It seems to me like she doesn't enjoy performing and being in front of audience as she used to. Everything seemed possible with her on stage. She performed everything so easily, it looked so natural with great energy. Now I feel like she struggles, like she wants her performance to be perfect, but she doesn't enjoy it. She is just pushing herself through it. It is surely because of her chronic pain, anxiety, depression, meds...

Dude, she has FIBROMYALGIA. Give her a break. ☠

spicemuncher

I was having a similar discussion with my friend the other day. I don’t know how to put it into words other than saying she’s not committed to things as much as she used to be.

Chromatica as a whole could have been so much bigger if she communicated it the way it was initially set up. What happened to the tribes, the emblems and icons, the different colors, the storyline from Stupid Love, etc? I think she suffers from something most artists face: losing interest pretty quickly.

I know launching an album mid pandemic is disheartening and having to put things on hold isn’t ideal, but they’ve missed so many opportunities to try and keep busy and keep the album alive. The hype died down so fast, it is sad.

Hell, the last batch of signed CDs and the posters from her store still haven’t been shipped. If that doesn’t speak volumes as to where her mindset is, I don’t know what does.

4 minutes ago, spicemuncher said:

I was having a similar discussion with my friend the other day. I don’t know how to put it into words other than saying she’s not committed to things as much as she used to be.

Chromatica as a whole could have been so much bigger if she communicated it the way it was initially set up. What happened to the tribes, the emblems and icons, the different colors, the storyline from Stupid Love, etc? I think she suffers from something most artists face: losing interest pretty quickly.

I know launching an album mid pandemic is disheartening and having to put things on hold isn’t ideal, but they’ve missed so many opportunities to try and keep busy and keep the album alive. The hype died down so fast, it is sad.

Hell, the last batch of signed CDs and the posters from her store still haven’t been shipped. If that doesn’t speak volumes as to where her mindset is, I don’t know what does.

Or maybe there are more important things going on in her life right now 

HotLikeMexico
5 hours ago, HausOfAntonio said:

THIS! People need to stop glorifying her personality during a time where she wasn’t getting the help she needed to deal with her psychological issues.

And her vocals not being as good as before... girl have we been stanning the same person? :laughga:

These are just assumptions tho. And we will probably never know. 

Dr Fudge

Stopped reading when they said her vocals have been getting worse. Her style has changed, but her vocals have only gotten better and better with time.

Been a cuff touple, a puff bupple, a tough couple of years.

Bradley

I'm sorry poor choreo and vocals? You need to check your eyes and ears.

I love The Monster Ball and Born This Way Ball but if you look at her dancing back then, she used to do the absolute minimum. She was barely waving her hands. Go check out some Bad Romance performances at the Monster Ball. Also there were some great moments at the BTWB like ScheiBe and something, but her movements during some performances like Americano, Bad Romance, Alejandro were also less precise than how they were at Enigma and Joanne World Tour. She was actually really energetic at Enigma.

As for vocals, are you joking??? If anything has gotten stronger than ever it's the vocals. Cheek to Cheek, Joanne and A Star Is Born sent her to another level of stardom because of her vocal prowess. She received constant acclaim for YEARS because of her vocals. She went from having 5 Grammys to 11 Grammys in a few years. Even Chromatica, a dance album, was praised specifically for its vocals. Very few artists could be described as sounding emotionally charged while singing dance tracks but critics described her vocals as a strong highlight of the album. Like even the most negative review had to praise her vocals.

Stephen

Sometime I'm very much a cupcake but I'll be super honest here in what I think.

Unfortunately I do think that Gaga's voice has declined, starting sometime in 2018/2019. The good news is - she still sounds great. She went from like 11/10 to 9/10 imo. So it's not a huge deal, but it is noticeable to me. I just hope it doesn't get worse :ohno:

She also gets out of breath faster on stage. But that's inevitable as she gets older + her fibro + smoking(?). We can't fault her for that. She's still trying. You can see in the VMA performance she was giving it 100%. You can't say she's a lazy performer. She gives it her all.

@WhoDoWeHaveHere I agree with you that a lot of her early inspirations were rooted in her pain, her sexual assault, her emotionally abusive(?) relationship with Luc, her family trauma, etc. As she's grown up she's healed a lot. She told Oprah in January of this year that she doesn't want to shock the world anymore, as an artist. She just wants to make people happy.

We can see this clearly in Stupid Love. It's pure pop joy and positivity. There's nothing dark, edgy, sexy or deep about it. It's just pure love and happiness.

I think the underwhelming elements of the Chromatica era have been pure unfortunate coincidence. Starting with Stupid Love for example, a lot of people didn't like the video. In the planning stages it seemed like a cool concept. A Michael Jackson-esque dance focused video on planet Chromatica. The original concept art was super stylized and cool:

EgHQQIAXkAclXDE.jpg

EgHKiB3WsAIBOZX.jpg

I think the problem was the director she chose. I think parts of the video are good but as a whole it's definitely missing something, for me. But remember when she shot the video the song had already been leaked. What was she supposed to do? Shoot another video? :air:  Time was running out. She was planning for SL to be the lead for like 2 years and it got leaked a whole month before release.

After dropping the SL video on Feb 28, she immediately went to shoot the Rain On Me video which was largely superior. Remember that the world went into lockdown in early March. She was working really hard to crank out these videos (while also finishing the album, doing the album cover photoshoot, doing the Paper magazine shoot etc). I truly believe that if there was no pandemic we would have gotten many more videos for this album. She was working extremely hard until the world shut down.

She was going to surprise us with a Coachella performance, and Bobby planned a huge promo rollout that was going to rival Born This Way.

After the One World thing - which was amazing - they were trying to scrape together Chromatica promo (digital concerts in May, drive in appearance in July) but the pandemic restrictions kept getting in the way. Not to mention the album release was HUGELY overshadowed by the BLM movement. She just couldn't catch a break. They finally figured it out in August with the VMAs + Billboard cover shoot + 911 music video. 

Now, why hasn't she done more since then? Maybe because 911 didn't pick up as a single? Maybe her anxiety around the US election? Depression? Health reasons? Maybe the fact that she wasn't able to promote the album the way she originally wanted has caused her to feel sad and disconnected from the music? There's a million reasons :derpga: it could be. We don't know. 

I guess my point is that I think she DOES still have passion for being an artist. I think this year has just been a series of unfortunate events that screwed everything up. I think we will see her flourish as the pandemic slows down and she either resumes Chromatica or begins a new project. 

5 hours ago, MoonIight said:

Thoughts?

Archived