🎄 December Fan Mail 🎄

Sign in to follow this  
science

Parents of teen w/ mental issues can sue sp*rm bank donor was schizophrenic

gypsy101
21 hours ago, Debithius said:

Well he isn't a teen and what's with the 2s and 4s, that was confusing at first xD

But also, gasp :laughga:

yeah the twos and fours are weird af @Blue Lagoon what’s up with them

BUtterfield 8
5 minutes ago, gypsy101 said:

yeah the twos and fours are weird af @Blue Lagoon what’s up with them

@Debithius

since I can’t post the full article I do that to add more paragraphs :selena:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Suuus
10 hours ago, Chromatography said:

right, but they weren’t paying to have a child with those predispositions. it sounds fvcked up, but it’s the same reason i’m never going to have children with my spouse. we both of had way too much mental strife and it would be borderline abuse to have the potential to pass that on.

to address your second point, some mothers want to feel the joy of carrying a child. maybe the guy was sterile or whatever but she still wanted to do that. there’s absolutely nothing wrong with wanting to experience that. idk why you’re throwing around people think it’s on the basis of “real” or “fake” or “superior” children, because often times it’s not that. 

Adopting is also not that easy and it take alot of time to even get approved 

• Thanks 2

Economy
2 hours ago, HEARTSTOP said:

Nowhere do I say genetics have nothing to do with predisposition and certain characteristics. Being a criminal is not genetic though...LOL And schizophrenia is only a predisposition which doesn't show its phenotype in most cases.

I also said at least 3 things that the company should be sued for, yet apparently I said "the parents can't sue the company"...

The problem is that you forget to read half the words I wrote...is that genetic too? Stop saying "that's how genes work" as if human genetics was as linear as 1+1 =2 because, surprise!, that's not how it works.

It's funny because you probably just know general ideas about genetics and I actually am a Bioengineer with a Master's in Genetics and Epigenetics.

Just like your only conception of Hitler's history is "WHITE BLUE EYES ARE SUPERIOR". @Economy's reply comparing it to Hitler's idealism was justified because you clearly said a person with genetic defects (even if not deadly) should be responsible enough to not pass down their genes. Guys! A person with mental issues is to be accountable for passing down their mental issues! You heard it here first! It's not as if those mental problems make you not be able to discern what's right or wrong... Come on! It's the company's job, yes, to screen through everything they get donated! And it's their job to be clear about it, no one else's. It's them who made money from it without caring.

And even if you know you have HIV and still go donate (please don't), it's still the donation center's job to test the samples. Else, what are you gonna do about diseases you have that don't show symptoms?

I wasn't just talking about blue eyes and blond hair. The Nazis also targeted the handicapped and seriously ill so I was mainly refering to that too not as much the superficial stuff

But in principal still the same idea nevertheless

HEARTSTOP
17 minutes ago, Economy said:

I wasn't just talking about blue eyes and blond hair. The Nazis also targeted the handicapped and seriously ill so I was mainly refering to that too not as much the superficial stuff

But in principal still the same idea nevertheless

yeah, I know, I was defending your argument :selena:

I was replying to the other user, who replied to you with the blue eyes thing argument

Edited by HEARTSTOP
"Human stupidity knows no bounds." - Some Old Crazy Guy, Probably

Economy
7 minutes ago, HEARTSTOP said:

yeah, I know, I was defending your argument :selena:

I was replying to the other user, who replied to you with the blue eyes thing argument

I know. I was just making clear what I meant cuz if the user thought I was comparing it to trivial stuff like blue eyes u could argue it's not on the same scope of ideas at all since illnesses harm u and at least ur trying to eliminate something bad from gene pool whereas going for blue eyes and blond hair is pure vanity

So I just wanted to make sure u a d he knew that when I made the Nazi connection I was also refering to the handicapped and sick people that were targeted in the gene purity ideals not just the stuff about being superior if u were white, blond hair and blue eyed with pure German blood otherwise I could sound like I'm totally reaching :selena:

Edited by Economy

PartySick
11 hours ago, Debithius said:

He is born in 1998, he is not a teen lol. He is 22.

God I'm old :saladga:

I'm dreaming of going somewhere else. Being human.
  • LMAO 1

SamanthaC
14 hours ago, HEARTSTOP said:

Also, paying for sperm/egg donors is so egocentric, I'll never understand this need. There's so many kids to adopt out there but for some reason "I have to pass down my genes because they will be superior to any kid already out there" or "at least this kid is my REAL kid" (for one of the parents).

13 hours ago, uo111 said:

I’m just gonna say, adopt don’t shop.

2 hours ago, Suuus said:

Adopting is also not that easy and it take alot of time to even get approved 

As a person that is currently doing fertility treatments, and will most likely being doing IVF soon, please stop using adoption as a reason that people shouldn't want their own children. It has nothing to do with being self-centered and not being open to adoption. My husband and I are open to adoption, but it is also insanely expensive and a long process. This question of why don't you just adopt isn't as easy as black and white. Trust me, the families that use sperm and egg donors (for the most part) are doing it because they have gone through the heartbreak of knowing they can't use their own eggs or sperm. ALL of these options are crazy expensive. And none of it guarantees you will have a child in the end of it.

The Adele of GGD's Member & Rain on Me Awards 2020
  • Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 2

SamanthaC
9 minutes ago, PartySick said:

God I'm old :saladga:

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

The Adele of GGD's Member & Rain on Me Awards 2020
  • LMAO 1

HEARTSTOP
42 minutes ago, SamanthaC said:

As a person that is currently doing fertility treatments, and will most likely being doing IVF soon, please stop using adoption as a reason that people shouldn't want their own children. It has nothing to do with being self-centered and not being open to adoption. My husband and I are open to adoption, but it is also insanely expensive and a long process. This question of why don't you just adopt isn't as easy as black and white. Trust me, the families that use sperm and egg donors (for the most part) are doing it because they have gone through the heartbreak of knowing they can't use their own eggs or sperm. ALL of these options are crazy expensive. And none of it guarantees you will have a child in the end of it.

I wish you good luck :kiss:

"Human stupidity knows no bounds." - Some Old Crazy Guy, Probably
  • Love 1

River

No kids no problems :huntyga:

I'd rather be dead but I guess I'm alive ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • LMAO 1

Diamonster
15 hours ago, modern ecstasy said:

That’s so frightening especially because I’ve considered using a sperm donor one day.

Same, it's not about the kids having mental issues, but being lied to like that it's gross
Imagine you're using a donor to avoid a certain genetic predisposition, and they lie about it

KanyeWest
15 hours ago, HEARTSTOP said:

Just like your only conception of Hitler's history is "WHITE BLUE EYES ARE SUPERIOR". @Economy's reply comparing it to Hitler's idealism was justified because you clearly said a person with genetic defects (even if not deadly) should be responsible enough to not pass down their genes.

Wow Ive never said that lol It's crazy how some people cannot read.

You said the man should not be sued, I think he should, not because he has schizophrenia but because he lied, and you cannot lie to a sperm bank donor. And no I do not believe some are superior than others lol 

You guys are insane in the way u interpret things, reminds me of Lana Del Rey's dilemma with Twitter SJWs 

Kanye West Is Blonde And Gone

KanyeWest
15 hours ago, HEARTSTOP said:

And even if you know you have HIV and still go donate (please don't), it's still the donation center's job to test the samples. Else, what are you gonna do about diseases you have that don't show symptoms?

If you have HIV (and u know it) and you donate your blood you should be sued. lol I dont understand your logic at all. The center and the person. 

Edited by KanyeWest

KanyeWest
12 hours ago, HEARTSTOP said:

I did not say people with blue eyes are superior. Im done with this thread, u guys are insane