💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Katy achieves 6th billion-views video

Lighter

Featured Posts

Economy

I find it suspect how many views some of her old videos are still getting especially given how much she's faded

It's very suspect. Pretty sure she's buying views

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Economy said:

I find it suspect how many views some of her old videos are still getting especially given how much she's faded

It's very suspect. Pretty sure she's buying views

She’s buying views for a 12-year old video but not for any of the ones she released this year?

Blastertoyo
3 hours ago, Luke78619 said:

:wtfga: 

what were the other five? I’m guessing Roar, Dark Horse, Teenage Dream, Firework and Bon Appetit?

Last Friday Night instead of Teenage Dream 

please enlighten me to death

Economy
9 minutes ago, Admin said:

She’s buying views for a 12-year old video but not for any of the ones she released this year?

Some of her videos are among the most whatched by a female. She could be trying to maintain her reign on them. It would cost a lot to inflate every single one of her videos so she could select specific ones to keep reigning with impressive numbers

Also Bon Appetit suspiciously got and still gets a lot of views for a song that flopped in most major markets :huh:

All I'm saying is she's getting a lot of views in certain videos for a star that has largely faded and it's kinda suspect

Of course there's no proof and could also be YouTube algorithms in their suggested videos oddly favouring specific videos a lot

Edit: I wasn't talking about hot n cold. I never looked into the trends of that video and didn't even have any idea it was approaching 1 billion

Wet Fire

Wait...I Kissed a Girl and Teenage Dream don't have billion views yet? Those are two of her best songs. :giveup:

RAMROD
2 hours ago, KEVIN STEVE said:

Katy's fans are as lazy as us, 

No, they were just too busy bashing Gaga than stream her fave's music and videos. Each time something new releases, they were too busy looking back on how "Katy beats Gaga in 2013" :shrug:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

39 minutes ago, Economy said:

Some of her videos are among the most whatched by a female.

Because she literally is one of the best-selling female artists of all time?

41 minutes ago, Economy said:

All I'm saying is she's getting a lot of views in certain videos for a star that has largely faded and it's kinda suspect

There is no correlation between how successful someone is right now between how many views their past hits are/should be getting.

“Axel F” by Crazy Frog was released before YouTube existed and it has 2.5 billion views. 

“Call Me Maybe” by Carly Rae Jepsen has 1.3 billion views.

Economy
7 minutes ago, Admin said:

Because she literally is one of the best-selling female artists of all time?

Yes I know that ur totally missing my point

I wasn't arguing about WHY they got as high as they did. I never put that in question

I was arguing why she might maintain promotion for views on her old videos vs her new ones as that was what u asked me

It would cost a fortune to try and inflate every single one of her videos so she might choose a few to keep inflating to maintain a queens status on those videos so to speak to keep them at the top

Or not. I'm not saying she does. I'm saying it's suspect to me that some of her videos still get as many views now daily as they do

9 minutes ago, Economy said:

Yes I know that ur totally missing my point

I wasn't arguing about WHY they got as high as they did. I never put that in question

I was arguing why she might maintain promotion for views on her old videos vs her new ones as that was what u asked me

It would cost a fortune to try and inflate every single one of her videos so she might choose a few to keep inflating to maintain a queens status on those videos so to speak to keep them at the top

Or not. I'm not saying she does. I'm saying it's suspect to me that some of her videos still get as many views now daily as they do

This doesn’t make sense. “Mantaining promotion for her old videos” would mean faking hundreds of millions of views, at the very least. If that was at all possible, wouldn’t they bump her latest LEAD single to at least 50 million? Not even 25 million?

Economy
14 minutes ago, Admin said:

There is no correlation between how successful someone is right now between how many views their past hits are/should be getting.

“Axel F” by Crazy Frog was released before YouTube existed and it has 2.5 billion views. 

“Call Me Maybe” by Carly Rae Jepsen has 1.3 billion views.

That's commutative views. I was talking about views videos are still getting daily now. There's videos like Bon Appetit that wasn't successful in almost any major music market that is still getting over 500K daily and seems a bit weird

It's totally possible people are just viewing her old iconic hits and videos a lot still despite her lower popularity and the ones where the views seem out of place relative to the songs performance maybe could be explained thru algorithms on YouTube

But I don't think the idea of music video inflation by artists who care about views and charts and looks is as far fetched as u might make it seem

It's incredibly easy to buy views and promotion. My ex and I used to do it all the time in our channel. We would buy 1000 to 3000 in each video and hope that innitial boost (along with social media posts) was enough to get a video going.... Sometimes a video took off on its own and sometimes it didn't. But the point is we were able to advertise to try and if we had more money we could afford to buy more than just 1000 to 3000 views per video and force them to be successful 

If we could buy a few views, there's no reason loaded artists with a lot of money couldn't buy millions for videos they select

I can't say with any certainty she does this. I got no proof and there's other possible explanations as to why some of her videos still get as many views as they do

But I don't think it's as far fetched as u seem to think either. I bet you a lot of artists advertise their videos for views

FentyGa
4 minutes ago, Admin said:

This doesn’t make sense. “Mantaining promotion for her old videos” would mean faking hundreds of millions of views, at the very least. If that was at all possible, wouldn’t they bump her latest LEAD single to at least 50 million? Not even 25 million?

to be fair, her label did more major promo for Teenage Dream’s 10th anniversary than they did for Smile

7 minutes ago, FentyGa said:

katy has the best videography of any pop artist.

I wouldn't go that far, but The One That Got Away is (in my opinion) one of the best music videos ever

5 minutes ago, Economy said:

That's commutative views. I was talking about views videos are still getting daily now. There's videos like Bon Appetit that wasn't successful in almost any major music market that is still getting over 500K daily and seems a bit weird

“Axel F” by Crazy Frog gets 2 million daily views. In 2020. It was released in 2005 and it charted at #50 on the Hot 100.

Archived