🔴 Limited-edition Red Vinyl 🔴

Sign in to follow this  
politics

Wisconsin and Georgia recount thread

Lion Heart

Before the Trump campaign can ask for a recount, counties must complete canvassing and verify some results. After that, the Trump campaign must pay $3 million to ask for a recount.

The latest:

Edit: I made a correction. The recount has NOT started yet.

Edited by Lion Heart
  • Like 3
  • LMAO 10

Lion Heart

Unrelated, but I don't know where else to post: 

• Love 5

Serial Chiller

:billie: The only candidate to lose one election twice we love to see it. 

• Like 5
  • YAAAS 5

LateToCult

Miss Tang is probably setting the stage for his 2024 campaign with all these recounts and claims of fraud. :neyde:

Edited by LateToCult
  • Like 1

TimisaMonster
20 minutes ago, LateToCult said:

Miss Tang is probably setting the stage for his 2024 campaign with all these recounts and claims of fraud. :neyde:

He would be almost 80 years old...like we need to have younger leaders in this country...:bear:

Stream my new single 🔥"Dance in the Flames"🔥 on Spotify!
  • Like 3

LateToCult
44 minutes ago, TimisaMonster said:

He would be almost 80 years old...like we need to have younger leaders in this country...:bear:

As if age stopped any of the candidates this time.  :messga:

• Like 1

MACATL
1 hour ago, LateToCult said:

As if age stopped any of the candidates this time.  :messga:

This time was an emergency situation.   I wouldn’t have cared if Biden was 90.  

• Like 2

uo111
24 minutes ago, MACATL said:

This time was an emergency situation.   I wouldn’t have cared if Biden was 90.  

Girl I wouldn‘t have cared if Biden was mummified like 900 years old and serving Kamala to us on a platter

• LMAO 2

gabeoz

I love how MAGA is insisting on the recounts while Trump actually sued to stop them in 2016 :yennefer:

Lion Heart

ThisGuyTony

What are your predictions for the recount? It’s not gonna significantly change the results right? :bear:

Lion Heart
1 hour ago, ThisGuyTony said:

What are your predictions for the recount? It’s not gonna significantly change the results right? :bear:

It shouldn't, but they may find a few more hundred votes here and there. 

I think the whole point is to delay the certification process, which is coming up soon within the next 1-3 weeks for several states. I think the Trump campaign thinks they can delay that process and force Republican Legislatures to send alternate slate of electors to vote in the electoral college, but it's a long-shot. 

Lion Heart

Harrisburg, PA — Despite a host of legal challenges, the Pennsylvania Department of State provided an update on the status of ballot counting on Friday.

Secretary of State Kathy Boockvar says based on the unofficial returns submitted by all 67 counties, she would not order a recount as no candidate was defeated by one-half of one percent or less of the votes cast.

Boockvar said in a statement that 40,000 of the provisional ballots have been counted or partially counted. Approximately 100,000 provisional ballots had been issued to voters on Election Day for those whose voting eligibility could not be immediately determined.

Under state law, county boards of election must individually adjudicate each provisional ballot and assess whether they meet the standards for counting.

The counties do so by verifying the voter was registered to vote in the precinct in which the ballot was cast, and that the voter did not cast a mail-in ballot prior to requesting the provisional ballot at the polling place.

The Department also received 28,529 military and overseas ballots by the November 10 deadline. State Department spokesperson Wanda Murren said in an email that 34,491 ballots for military personnel and overseas citizens had been issued in Pennsylvania.

Approximately 10,000 mail-in ballots cast on or before Election Day were received between 8 p.m. on November 3 and 5 p.m. on November 6.

The State Supreme Court said in September that ballots postmarked by 8 p.m. on Election Day would have a three-day grace period for the voters' eligibility to be determined.

https://fox56.com/news/election/secretary-of-state-boockvar-determines-that-pennsylvania-will-not-recount-votes

Lion Heart

Now its official, but he's only recounting in 2 counties. I guess he couldn't afford the $9 million  cost.

whipopotamus

So Georgia is official? Is Wisconsin gonna go red? Someone put me at ease