đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
press

Vice UK: "ARTPOP is good, actually"

MiQuenDroid

Featured Posts

GreenDiamond
16 hours ago, thierryrreiht said:

May 2011 + 18 months still equals November 2012 not 2013... no matter if she released this year or not... :poot:

mmm actually no, If Gaga did not release that year then that year DID :applause:NOT :applause:HAPPEN:applause:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gorehound
20 hours ago, Indyl said:

tbh i can definitely see why they see BTW and AP as sistren

both are bombastic, experimental, try on a variety of genres, and her longest albums (17 and 15 tracks respectively). Born This Way is much darker, ARTPOP much lighter, and both she hyped up as watershed albums.

ARTPOP is as integral a part of Gaga's career as Born This Way, and one of her most captivating – whether you hate it or love it, you can't deny the impact it's had regardless. Now that Gaga's repeaked and gotten the GP back on her side, the controversy/bad press/negative reaction to ARTPOP honestly adds to the album's allure. Is there another album in Gaga's discography that's more fiercely debated? Even among pop albums, or even significant albums in general, ARTPOP has been a persistent topic of discussion for the last 7 years (so much so that "someone's ARTPOP era" has become part of internet speak).

Maybe it didn't have the hits of TF, the critical acclaim of TFM, or the intricacy of BTW, but AP has nonetheless wrestled its way into pop culture consciousness – and that's why these critics are still coming back to it 7 years later.

Revisiting the album for the sake of the individual songs themselves, and not a "reverse-Warholian experience", I think a lot of critics are like, "Wait, why was this album hated so much?" It still sold 2.5 million copies in a little over two months, had 2 Top 10 singles, and while you could say it's not cohesive, each song on its own has its own merits.

I think the farther away from ARTPOP we get, the more and more people will begin to realize it's actually a phenomenal pop album. Had it been released in 2020, there's no doubt the streaming era would have been kinder. Now the mainstream readily accepts the brash, hard-hitting, riskiness music of ARTPOP. Back in 2013? Nope.

Truly an album ahead of its time, and I'm so glad Gagz has one of those in her discography.

Wow thank you so much for this! Couldn't have put it better myself x

Born This Way is famous, ARTPOP is infamous

I'm fine, Ta

PartySick
22 hours ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

If you listen to both records side by side, ARTPOP isn’t all that different to Born This Way.

This is a hate crime :bear: 

Right? ARTPOP is WAAAYYY better than Born This Way :firega:

đź–¤

ARTPOP has one of her best choruses and that's Aura's chorus (and her worst song Jewels n drugs) ! 

Aura, Guy, Gypsy, Do what you want Applause, Sex dreams my favs

Justice for I wanna be with you and Brooklyn Nights! 

I wish we could see the full promo of this album, the first 3-4 months were totally iconic 

I will fly on a challenger across the sky like a phoenix..

Archived