💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

K-pop star Irene Apologizes for Immature Behavior After Attacking Editor

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

I dont know her but maybe she had a bad day? Is feeling pressure or is very exhausted? It happens to all of us to be nasty out of nowhere bcs of it and it's inexcusable but we are humans we can get erratic sometimes

SchwineLove
24 minutes ago, newseason said:

I'm so tired of this "scandal". People are so quick to ruin someone's career (which took years and years of effort and hard work) for a moment of weakness. I don't agree with acting bad to your subordinates but this is blown out of proportions. The way in which people nowadays deal with things on the internet is wrong. Instead of giving people second chances and let them grow from their mistakes, they just hurry to destroy everything these people have bulit. As if a perfect person exists. Also, we don't even know the reason for her outburst and if it was as bad as that stylist claims to be. As always, people waste energy on trivial matters but when important things are at stake, everyone stays quiet. 

Very well said! It's understandable tho, because it's easy to react on petty and trivial things, but in more serious and crucial issues very often public just goes silent, because we put our energy in the wrong place, with wrong proportion.

PsychoMaxcara
1 hour ago, newseason said:

I'm so tired of this "scandal". People are so quick to ruin someone's career (which took years and years of effort and hard work) for a moment of weakness. I don't agree with acting bad to your subordinates but this is blown out of proportions. The way in which people nowadays deal with things on the internet is wrong. Instead of giving people second chances and let them grow from their mistakes, they just hurry to destroy everything these people have bulit. As if a perfect person exists. Also, we don't even know the reason for her outburst and if it was as bad as that stylist claims to be. As always, people waste energy on trivial matters but when important things are at stake, everyone stays quiet. 

Very well said, indeed! 

I completely agree and this is why I no longer tune into any cancellation drama whatsoever. I find it absolutely unacceptable to erase someone's long history of good because of a random remark/tweet/bad decision. Even if they were to make the same mistake twice, we're only human and that means we're bound to trip up several times. Do I think there should be no consequences for a repeated & well-documented questionable behavior? No. But the pendulum always tends to swing from one extreme to another and now we've gone from no accountability to erasing someone from history because of a 10 year old tweet they made when they were young and stupid. I'm not here for it, and I also dislike the whole 'guilty until proven innocent by making an apology video full of private DMs and receipts' attitude anytime some trash is unearthed or someone comes forward and spreads questionable accusations.

Cancellation culture may be all fun and games as long as it only affects celebrities or politicians, but if something of that sort ever gets implemented in society and everything we've ever written/said on social media will be collected and judged... that's not a world I want to live in, honestly.

newseason
19 hours ago, PsychoMaxcara said:

Very well said, indeed! 

I completely agree and this is why I no longer tune into any cancellation drama whatsoever. I find it absolutely unacceptable to erase someone's long history of good because of a random remark/tweet/bad decision. Even if they were to make the same mistake twice, we're only human and that means we're bound to trip up several times. Do I think there should be no consequences for a repeated & well-documented questionable behavior? No. But the pendulum always tends to swing from one extreme to another and now we've gone from no accountability to erasing someone from history because of a 10 year old tweet they made when they were young and stupid. I'm not here for it, and I also dislike the whole 'guilty until proven innocent by making an apology video full of private DMs and receipts' attitude anytime some trash is unearthed or someone comes forward and spreads questionable accusations.

Cancellation culture may be all fun and games as long as it only affects celebrities or politicians, but if something of that sort ever gets implemented in society and everything we've ever written/said on social media will be collected and judged... that's not a world I want to live in, honestly.

This is one of the worst sides of Korean entertainment. I know that every country has to deal with this to an extent or another but in Kpop, everything is magnified to the extreme. As much as I love their diversity and creativity when it comes to music, this kind of mindset is really bad. Sometimes, their industry feels like one of those dystopic societies where as long as you please everyone you can be on top, but God forbid you take a misstep or try to express some opinions because you risk of being banned and replaced with another one which fits all the criteria (I know that not everything is as bad, but these type of incidents continue to happen). She'll most likely be fine but I really hope that this doesn't ruin their comeback plans, especially after waiting for a year for Wendy's recovery.

22 hours ago, pillos said:

the stylist is overdramating lol

its just bein human .. sometimes you got a rough day and sometimes you don't

i hate cancel culture so much 

I'm having a rough day too right now, does that mean I can go ahead and harass you? Exactly. :yennefer:

Babba the Hutt

While yes, she was probably having a bad day but that's never an excuse to treat others badly. It's not their fault, don't lash out at them.

Kinda unrelated question but it's about k-pop too, spoilering for long text:

Spoiler

I always had the impression that the big k-pop world had their stars in a very controlling system, to sell them as products, like they own this band and they have to follow strict rules and stuff, they can't say this, date someone, etc. It's what people used to say about k-pop singers and bands back then and I kept thinking it was correct. I'm not familiar with the current situation regarding their freedom and such but... if anyone knows, what's up with that?

1 hour ago, newseason said:

Sometimes, their industry feels like one of those dystopic societies where as long as you please everyone you can be on top, but God forbid you take a misstep or try to express some opinions because you risk of being banned and replaced with another one which fits all the criteria

tenor.gif?itemid=10656633

The stylist who risked her career exposing this behaviour will probably be "banned and replaced" in the future because she expressed an opinion against the status quo, while Irene will mostly be fine because of her immense fanbase, wealth, and celebrity status?

headspin, happiness, DE̤̣A̢̯͔̘T͏͙̗̟̫H̗̙͡ͅ

BUtterfield 8
13 minutes ago, BurlyDan said:

While yes, she was probably having a bad day but that's never an excuse to treat others badly. It's not their fault, don't lash out at them.

Kinda unrelated question but it's about k-pop too, spoilering for long text:

Hide contents

I always had the impression that the big k-pop world had their stars in a very controlling system, to sell them as products, like they own this band and they have to follow strict rules and stuff, they can't say this, date someone, etc. It's what people used to say about k-pop singers and bands back then and I kept thinking it was correct. I'm not familiar with the current situation regarding their freedom and such but... if anyone knows, what's up with that?

It’s just how it is in the korean entertainment industry 

all that you’ve said is still happening 

Economy
23 hours ago, PsychoMaxcara said:

Was she actually canceled over this? :enigma:

I think this just goes to show idols are human beings... flaws and all. With their schedules, crazy diets, constant mandatory practice, and zero dating life I'd probably snap sooner or later. 

Celebrities really are held to impossible standards it's insane

They are dragged and criticized for trivial things that everyone else as human beings do

Other times it's bigger mistakes but it was years ago and apologies aren't enough for ppl. Like can the ppl who make up cancel culture themselves  honestly say in their entire lives they never did anything that if it became public it would make them look really bad?

PsychoMaxcara
34 minutes ago, Economy said:

Other times it's bigger mistakes but it was years ago and apologies aren't enough for ppl. Like can the ppl who make up cancel culture themselves  honestly say in their entire lives they never did anything that if it became public it would make them look really bad?

Spot on. It's people's lack of empathy that drives me nuts. NO ONE can honestly say they've never said or written anything potentially controversial. And the tired argument 'they're celebrities, they have millions of followers, they should no better" is not IT. Like, it doesn't matter who you are everyone's human underneath it all and is subject to the same imperfection and lack of good judgment that connects us all. I never wanted to be a celebrity before, but I sure as hell wouldn't want to be one in today's climate.

Archived