Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Can you accept LG becoming a "Hidden Artist"?

Stephen

Featured Posts

Gaga reached the apex of her effort-ness and stakanovist lifestyle during the ARTPOP era. That era was traumatic and exhausting for her and since then she started a more relaxed "career philosophy". Her mind and body were in pain, fibromyalgia was at her most painful apex. She made the right choice. In 2014 she did not need to prove the world she was a legend anymore. She had already done it. I am sure Cheek To Cheek helped her relaxing in a different way to put out an album/era with less pressure and more genuine way to live and experience music. Then Joanne followed and helped her to find her most inner self again, the dive bar tour was another example showing how she needed being in contact with people and a "more genuine/less pressing" way to be a musician and a performer. C2C and Joanne were lenitive for her.

Everything could be everything (it could mean anything)

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lord Temptation

Gaga writes about 50-100 songs for every album. She literally has hundreds of unreleased songs, some recorded but most never recorded. If she wanted to stop recording under the name Lady Gaga and just write songs for other artists she could certainly make a very tidy career out of it. 

I can imagine her doing that while she cements herself as a Hollywood and potential Broadway actress. That way she doesn’t need to face the physical exhaustion or mental pressure of a hectic promo or touring schedule.

Similar to how Stupid Love was reworked from an ASIB offcut, she has a lifetime of “old songs” in her vault she can play with. Pure genius!

So in between Haus Labs, the BTW Foundation, and her recording and performance art, Gaga is now also a corporation. But I don’t expect make up to take her away from music the way that it did for Rihanna. I can picture 3 more albums this decade from her, but with minimal promo and stadium dates only.

Assuming equal distances between releases, we should expect LG7 in 2022, LG8 in 2025 and LG9 in 2028. Hopefully with C3C sooner rather than later. Also, for some reason I expect Gaga to be featured on other artists in the new decade, rather than Gaga featuring other artists. Like how she did background vocals for U2.

hieronymus
36 minutes ago, Stephen said:

There are several artists that are hugely popular around the world, have tons of fans and yet take a backseat approach to the public eye. They are often hidden and only appear when a new project is being released. Artists like

Robyn

Frank Ocean

Beyoncé

Tyler, the Creator

and many more!

These artists may do a few performances and a few videos but they don't overexpose themselves in terms of promo. They are still respected and beloved! Their fans understand this and accept it, being GRATEFUL when the artist chooses to bless the public with an appearance.

8346f9e89137910e0b5e26626c349dd7.gif

Can Little Managers swallow the hard truth that Gaga may be transitioning into a "Hidden Artist"? 

It's not 2011 anymore. Gaga is not a 20-something pop girl who wants to be doing promo 24/7. She is an established, LEGEND who has the right to be a hidden artist if SHE WANTS TO.

Can you handle it?

Will your brain explode without promo?

Will you complain every year until the end of time or will you grow up and accept it?

Discuss!

tenor.gif

I can't shake the feeling that you're jumping around like Nicholas Cage while preaching all this

Blastertoyo
20 minutes ago, FudgeyBear said:

She created these huge shoes at the beginning with such a strong hustle that now people want to hold her to that Fame Monster standard

Fixedt

:enigma:

please enlighten me to death

Pennywise
Just now, alicefromabove said:

Smile GIF by Katy Perry

I'm starting to campaign early for the next Clownie awards :huntyga:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

Stephen
Just now, Dukttapetoo said:

I can't shake the feeling that you're jumping around like Nicholas Cage while preaching all this

its the red bull

CapitalDizzyCuttlefish-max-14mb.gif

PsychoMaxcara

Isn't that what she's transitioned into already though? Her days of global mainstream superstardom are long gone. She's a legend now and she kind of pick & chooses everything from the music she pursues to the events she attends and people she's working with. It kind of reminds me of what Beyoncé did in 2013; Beyoncé started out just like any other pop star after she left DC, she did the usual album cycle with press junkets, promo performances, talk shows.... you know, all that fun stuff pop stars are FORCED to do so they get their name out there. However, there comes a time in a pop star's life when they're no longer obliged to do any of this hoopla because their name already is a household name. 

I feel like both Beyoncé and Gaga are at this point in their careers. As much as we'd love them to do the established foolproof and time-tested promo cycle, it's no longer a requirement for them, and they can get solid numbers and sales solely based on their past work alone. Both have the triple As (acclaim, awards, and accolades) to carry whatever new releases will come.

A sad case, however, is Katy Perry who had a very similar career route to Gaga's (minus the passion projects and movies), but a lack of meaningful promo (which doesn't include cartoon movies or lyric videos) has proven to be completely destructive to her career.   

As you said, Gaga is 34, not 20-something, I think it's normal to want superstardom when you're a lonely young person, but then that dream goes away a little bit

She doesn't want the world anymore, she's got it already. She obviously still wants to be famous to preach good things, but she doesn't want to “bring back the super fan” anymore

Gaga has gone through a huge transition over the past 10 years, she literally went from performing in smalls bars in NYC to stadiums across the world. I think when she was younger 22-29 she wanted fame and the public eye but i think it's harmed Gaga more than we know and i think it's kind of warped her view of the music business and being an artist.

I'm honestly happy as long as Gaga is whether that would be music, film or beauty. She deserves the world after what she's given to us and i wouldn't give up hope at all because we never know what she's got hidden up her sleeves.

nodandsmile
1 hour ago, Stephen said:

Their fans understand this and accept it, being GRATEFUL when the artist chooses to bless the public with an appearance.

monsters:

eaar.gif

seriously tho I know many hive who hate that about her... not that grateful  💀

1 hour ago, Poker said:

I accept whatever she decides to do with her life. But seeing her promote haus labs left and right and not her brand new album is kinda harsh tbh. It's not like she's hidden from the public eye.

1 hour ago, Autumn said:

i would accept and love this. but it doesn't feel right that she promotes her lip gloss and kindness book whilst also completely ignoring her album.

that's the issue. it hurts when i see a post notification for gaga only to realise it's for a new bronzer.

OMG Stop taking it personally.

Y'all have to realize that the Chromatica life cycle (all albums really) has been forced to exist in starts and fits beholden to the restrictions of the pandemic. What was supposed to happen over the summer has now been pushed back to almost a year from now. Promo will come back.

In the meantime... please accept that the first wave of promo has settled, things have to be spaced out, and she has other interests, projects and obligations to fulfill. All things that were already on schedule to happen (months/years in the making) and that you prob wouldn't be so salty about it if the tour, and the promo goodies that comes with it, had happend.

Why is it so hard to accept this and just be patient?

"She's an intellectual, your honor"

I just hope she quits making pop music and becomes a full time actor so that the whiny bitches can leave the fanbase :ohwell:

Archived