𝔤𝔞𝔤𝔞 𝔡𝔞𝔦𝔩𝔶 𝔰𝔥𝔬𝔭
Sign in to follow this  
lgbt

Pope Supports Same-Sex Civil Unions

DirrtyPony
21 minutes ago, Cookie Tookie said:

It’s not like I gave a f*ck about what this pope said before this statement, so this doesn’t do anything for me. I don’t need the pope who represents a corrupt institution to tell me that my life is valid. 

I agree that I don’t need and have never needed the Pope’s validation, but him expressing this is a huge step when looking at the bigger picture.

Any step towards normalizing same-sex marriage is a huge win. Having a figure in his position support it may lead to a trickle affect on people.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

SamanthaC

I'm glad he's speaking out on what I've known to be true. Christians shouldn't hate people. I realize he didn't say marriage, but I agree with those of you saying it's a step in the right direction.

The Adele of GGD's Member & Rain on Me Awards 2020
  • Like 7

ToxicHot

PROGRESS! :party:

Wow, this is actually HUGE - especially coming from the leader of the Catholic church.

Formerly known as the infamous xxPaperGangsta.
  • Like 4
  • YAAAS 1

GregJA

Catholics:

he wasn’t our pope anyways :bon:

Mr. No Award Winner 2020

TimisaMonster
1 hour ago, Cookie Tookie said:

It’s not like I gave a f*ck about what this pope said before this statement, so this doesn’t do anything for me. I don’t need the pope who represents a corrupt institution to tell me that my life is valid. 

This...plus when he dies and the next one comes along and says "God spoke to me and finds these unions an abomination"...who's right if they both represented God on earth? :yennefer:

This is why religion makes 0 sense cuz it's just people in positions of authority giving their opinion as if it's a revelation from their diety that only they received so who can validate these claims? :duck:

Stream my new single 🔥"Dance in the Flames"🔥 on Spotify!
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

littlepotter
1 hour ago, Cookie Tookie said:

1 hour ago, Chromatican said:

Why are we celebrating? This was the position of many conservatives years ago, and Francis also is anti-choice and anti-female leadership in Church.

With all due respect, try to see farther than your own interests. This is ****ing huge. You guys don't realize how big of an argument this is for me if I ever had to come out to my very catholic parents. You have to learn to celebrate the small wins of the LGBT community as a whole and not just those that benefit you

can you hear me come undone?
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 4

littlepotter
1 hour ago, GregJA said:

Catholics:

he wasn’t our pope anyways :bon:

This is definitely gonna happen, many already hate him bc he's progressive... but it makes a difference

can you hear me come undone?
  • Like 3

holy scheisse
Just now, littlepotter said:

With all due respect, try to see farther than your own interests. This is ****ing huge. You guys don't realize how big of an argument this is for me if I ever had to come out to my very catholic parents. You have to learn to celebrate the small wins of the LGBT community as a whole and not just those that benefit you

I am also catholic. I'm glad this affects your situation in some positive way but with all due respect, I can't take back the religious trauma I endured and don't need to celebrate anything. 

• Thanks 1

Halle

We have to remember that the Catholic church used to be (and still is) one of the biggest enemies to the LGBT+ community. This IS huge! Especially as in many countries (in Eastern Europe, for example) conservative politicians will no longer be able to use the church as a legitimate excuse for their homophobic actions and ideas.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Cookie Tookie
5 minutes ago, littlepotter said:

You do realize the pope is nothing but an ordinary human that has been placed in a position of power? He is not a god. He does not get to alter the scripture. It’s clear in the Bible that homosexuality is an abomination. His opinion means absolutely nothing. People will just say that he is going against the word of god, which is accurate. In reality, we shouldn’t even be entertaining this nonsense and should be focusing on how corrupt religion is. Without this original scripture, we wouldn’t even be in this situation. It’s important to deconstruct the power of religion as opposed to uplifting it just because they give you a crumb. And civil unions are not marriage. We’ve had civil unions in the US for several decades before we got marriage. This is just further stating that gays shouldn’t get the same privileges as heterosexuals, they should get the alternative. 

• Thanks 1

Red

Tell what is the "but..." in this news

says Campbell, chuckling.
  • Like 1