⚠️ LAST CALL: 25% OFF STOREWIDE AT UO ⚠️

Sign in to follow this  
lgbt

Pope Supports Same-Sex Civil Unions

Rifek

Pope Francis, who since the beginning of his pontificate has taken a more toleranttone toward homosexuality, appeared to break with the position of the Roman Catholic Church by supporting civil unions for same-sex couples, according to remarks Francis made in a new documentary that debuted in Rome on Wednesday. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/21/world/europe/pope-francis-same-sex-civil-unions.html

💩💛💩💚💩♥️💩🤍💩💙💩🖤💩💗💩💛💩💚💩♥️💩🤍💩💙💩
  • Like 7
  • LMAO 5
  • YAAAS 9
  • Love 11

Nano

I Will Survive Jesus GIF by hoppip

Halleluiah! :legend:

TBH, its about time :ohwell:

You chew beef, I wear meat.

FATCAT

Okay now call Amy Coney Barrett and tell her to **** off

chilly waffle
  • Like 7
  • LMAO 3

FFXIV WhiteMage

Art thou thy time has cometh 

Entrance Hello GIF by Schitt's Creek

• LMAO 2
  • YAAAS 1

Delulu Rogers

Yasss. Italy will probably legalize same sex marriage by the end of the decade. Let’s hope! 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

RAMROD

This is major for me :applause:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ♥
  • Love 2

M Monstre

It's not the same as full on same-sex marriage, but it's still definitely a step in the right direction. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

FATCAT
3 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

It's not the same as full on same-sex marriage, but it's still definitely a step in the right direction. 

It's one of those things where it's close enough that once it is accepted, the jump to equality seems minimal. I believe this is why Democrats in the 90's/2000's were originally pushing for civil unions, because it was the middle ground where a true push for equality would have been easier. I have the same ideas on using a public option for Medicare in order to get to Medicare for all. Once enough people benefit from a public option, and private companies are competing with the federal government, healthcare costs will drop for people even not on the public option. As long as it can maintain lower premiums than most private options, it won't be long before M4A will just be a simple switch to get the last remainders of people not on the public option yet.

It's not exactly a quick and dirty solution, but it will get support from centrists and even some republicans, which is necessary until we get rid of the filibuster.

chilly waffle
  • Like 8

holy scheisse

Cool lmk when I'm worthy of getting married.

audrey hepburn fashion GIF

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

gumzy3000

This is huge :heart:

A messy blend of logic and sass
  • Like 1

Cookie Tookie

It’s not like I gave a f*ck about what this pope said before this statement, so this doesn’t do anything for me. I don’t need the pope who represents a corrupt institution to tell me that my life is valid. 

• Like 2
  • YAAAS 2
  • Thanks 6

holy scheisse
18 minutes ago, Cookie Tookie said:

It’s not like I gave a f*ck about what this pope said before this statement, so this doesn’t do anything for me. I don’t need the pope who represents a corrupt institution to tell me that my life is valid. 

You're my soul sister I was gonna post this but I lost the energy for scrutiny lmao

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Chromatican

Why are we celebrating? This was the position of many conservatives years ago, and Francis also is anti-choice and anti-female leadership in Church.

• Thanks 1