đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

JLO faces backlash after calling herself 'negrita'

Featured Posts

ChavaWM

This is one of those words that worries me, my family from Mexico, including my mom, they call me the boy version of that and I ignore it but I get scared that someone will hear and take it offensively. Its just a word that I think needs to not be used anymore. I know its a word of endearment but not everyone understands all cultures and I think it just does more harm trying to explain it than it does to tell people to not use that word anymore.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, River said:

It's not the first time, she (or Ashanti) said the N word in I'm Real remix too

Is Ashanti not black? 

SpicyTomato

Does nobody else here speak Spanish..??

"Negrita" has nothing to do with being black. It means like "baby". She isn't calling herself black.

1 hour ago, Gagi said:

Is Ashanti not black? 

I replied to this already:

yeah but even though Ashanti sang the demo and sings most parts of the song, allegedly, nobody really confirmed that it's Ashanti that said that line so for the moment it's J.Lo.

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

FrederickSpears
15 hours ago, River said:

It's not the first time, she (or Ashanti) said the N word in I'm Real remix too

That was her voice when she said that word. Ashanti only sang the choruses I think.

7 hours ago, SpicyTomato said:

"Negrita" has nothing to do with being black. It means like "baby". She isn't calling herself black.

Is that a thing in Puerto Rico? Cause where I live nobody is calling you “negrito/a” unless you’re dark skinned :awkney:

DrKindnessKunt1999
14 hours ago, PlastiscGuy said:

When they find out what Argentine call poor people... or thieves :selena:

What do Argentine people call poor people

or thieves?

OT: It’s funny how this word is causing a lot of controversy because I actually had a friend who’s name was Negrita in middle school :poot:

Bambino
17 hours ago, 777777777777777777 said:

They released this song almost month ago and no one noticed before, no one listened to this ?

If this says anything, it means nobody listens or cares or that people only watched the video to see how she and Maluma looked.

OT: Mess. Mess. Mess. This is why y'all should stan Paulina Rubio because she never makes mistakes like this.

Bambino
10 hours ago, Anderson123 said:

What a mess lol. Here in Latin America we can call each other "negrita", "chinito" and it's not offensive. Only cancel culture is making a big deal out of this. 

Cancel culture makes a big deal out of everything tbh

Bambino
10 hours ago, tomsches said:

This translates to "You will always be your little black girl from the Bronx" though. So maybe she's not even referring to herself

Even if she does, it turns out that the word itself translates to something different and is culturally used by Latinos in different context and it has nothing to do with being black. I don't think JLo is that stupid.

Bambino
8 hours ago, SpicyTomato said:

1 hour ago, Babel said:

Is that a thing in Puerto Rico? Cause where I live nobody is calling you “negrito/a” unless you’re dark skinned

I looked it up on Google. Calling someone negrito/negrita (literal translation is little black) is not an insult or demeaning it's simply another term of endearment used to refer to anyone of any skin color who is Puerto Rican.

:shrug:

4 hours ago, Bambino said:

I looked it up on Google. Calling someone negrito/negrita (literal translation is little black) is not an insult or demeaning it's simply another term of endearment used to refer to anyone of any skin color who is Puerto Rican.

:shrug:

Thats why I’m asking if it’s a Puerto Rican thing, I’m Latino and at least in the countries I’ve been in Latin America that doesn’t really apply. 

Quartz

Doesn't this equate to people from non-english speaking countries calling Americans pedophiles because they use the word 'baby' in their songs? Kinda ridiculous lol.

Inside, we are really made the same. đź•Š

Archived