💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is the Chromatica era messy?

Featured Posts

Reality
1 hour ago, GagaUnderYou said:

More specifically relating to the album, Gaga has never given any producer as much credit as she has Blood. From her interviews with Apple, you can grasp that it was his main idea and she just found it relatable. I personally think his girlfriend HANA fits the Chromatica theme better, Gaga was a perfect outlet for it for popularity though. Of course it's her voice, and lyrics that help make it GAGA but the process she has now is very different musically. The kind of music Gaga really wants to make is clearly Jazz, Joanne, ASIB vibes but as she is held to high standards in pop an album like Chromatica was expected at this point. Love the album, but you could tell how much she believed in an album like ARTPOP vs. Chromatica. 

She gave Blood a lot of credit because he deserves a lot of credit. He was able to make her come down to the studio to record songs even when she didn't want to. Again, I hate this, "Oh, everything about Chromatica was BloodPop's vision" argument that literally has no substance to it. 

I also don't understand why you don't think Gaga fits the "theme" of Chromatica...Gaga's ever changing and ever evolving. Gaga fits with any theme she wants to fit in at the time. If this woman can go from ARTPOP --> C2C --> Joanne --> ASIB --> Chromatica, then she can do anything.

Finally, who's anyone to say that Gaga "clearly wants to make jazz, Joanne, ASIB vibes"? 5 out of her 6 studio albums are electronic dance music. She does 1 "stripped back" era and does a soundtrack and now y'all are like, "That's it! She hates dance music! She just wants to go all country now!" :smh:

She believes in Chromatica a lot. She probably believes in it more than ARTPOP if we're being honest here because Chromatica is so personal. People only make up this argument because the era didn't go the way anyone wanted. If Gaga had all of her original promo plans still in place, none of y'all would be saying sh*t like this. But because a f*cking pandemic ruined the world and the country's in turmoil, y'all are like, "Welp, she never liked Chromatica anyway." 

đŸƒđŸ–€đŸ‘č

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Serial Chiller

This is the equivalent of looking at a burning house and asking: Is the toilet flushed? 

It’s messy but wtf does that matter considering the things happening this year? 

HausofGabo

well I'd love to call it an era, but it's just an album with amazing videos, a performance and that's it.

oh, and a great candid look in NY, not what I expected it to be, but hey, it wasn't the year I expected to have either, so I get it, and I'm grateful and blasting Chromatica while thinking a multiverse where she scalped everyone with all that was thought and a freaking virus didn't stop.

Objectively speaking, yes. But I think it's a different kind of mess because the primary mess has been COVID shooting the era in its face and leaving it to bleed out in a ditch. Even considering that, though, I think she's done well and the music and what she *has* done honestly carries it enough.

For an era that's truly messy, I give you Katy Perry's Smile.

This fanbase has always been insatiable. I still remember the pre-ARTPOP era on this website when people here had deemed Born This Way a flop because MTN peaked Top 30 instead of Top 10. I remember comments like, "There's no way ARTPOP can flop after MTN, she's gonna come back better than ever."

Then ARTPOP happens, and people were like, "She's gonna come back better than ever with LG5." Then she pivoted with C2C and Joanne, people declared her career over and said she needed to return to pop to salvage relevancy.

Then she re-peaks with ASIB, people railed on her for not capitalizing immediately after with an album, then she drops Chromatica – the pop album fans had been clamoring for – and they STILL criticized her, in the midst of a global situation that nobody could have anticipated.

I don't think this era is messy. The WORLD is messy. She had the grace and emotional intelligence to know that moving forward with promo in the middle of a pandemic would be callous and wrong (and I'm sure that had she continued with the era's original plan, people still would've criticized her – "Does she think anybody cares about this album when people are dying??").

She's done the best she could've done and STILL slayed.

1 hour ago, M Monstre said:

She gave Blood a lot of credit because he deserves a lot of credit. He was able to make her come down to the studio to record songs even when she didn't want to. Again, I hate this, "Oh, everything about Chromatica was BloodPop's vision" argument that literally has no substance to it. 

I also don't understand why you don't think Gaga fits the "theme" of Chromatica...Gaga's ever changing and ever evolving. Gaga fits with any theme she wants to fit in at the time. If this woman can go from ARTPOP --> C2C --> Joanne --> ASIB --> Chromatica, then she can do anything.

Finally, who's anyone to say that Gaga "clearly wants to make jazz, Joanne, ASIB vibes"? 5 out of her 6 studio albums are electronic dance music. She does 1 "stripped back" era and does a soundtrack and now y'all are like, "That's it! She hates dance music! She just wants to go all country now!" :smh:

She believes in Chromatica a lot. She probably believes in it more than ARTPOP if we're being honest here because Chromatica is so personal. People only make up this argument because the era didn't go the way anyone wanted. If Gaga had all of her original promo plans still in place, none of y'all would be saying sh*t like this. But because a f*cking pandemic ruined the world and the country's in turmoil, y'all are like, "Welp, she never liked Chromatica anyway." 

I think her doing those ROM weather videos is testament enough to this. It was creative promo, classic corny af Gaga, and most of all *fun*. I agree. She loves Chromatica. I consider this album to be the equivalent of Björk's Utopia in how that was a 50/50 between her and Arca. This is very much a 50/50 between Gaga and Blood hence the credit given.

It dpends on a fan's perspective actually. It's not all the time you have to expect something from Gaga, she matured, and we are in a pandemic..and now the US elections are coming. I understand that there was supposed to be a great album rollout...and i feel that they will still work on something next year..along with Gucci. 2021 will be another year for Chromatica, long era. Its not messy. 

tomsches

Absolutely not! I don't know what y'all 15-year old "stans" want honestly. She released a great album that's well received by the people AND the critics, we got 2 great music videos (SL video which I personally don't enjoy ironically was made before the pandemic), we got great numbers this time, a corona benefit concert, a lot of awards, a great performance at the vmas, there was nothing controversial or problematic, no rushed single choices or single changes.

The only thing that you guys stress out about is "but she's so silent on social media, mawma!". Well, maybe I'm just too old, but at a certain point in your life you stop posting every piece of **** of your life on social media. She's a woman in her mid-30s so she doesn't need that and, frankly, why do YOU even need that?! She released a great album, why do you need her to promote it on Insta?

Concerning the performances, I get it, we could have gotten more, which would have been nice. But again, at a certain point in someone's career, you just stop performing on every little irrelevant talk show and only perform on your tour or on serious shows. How many times do you see legends like Steve Nix, Paul McCartney, Bob Dylan etc. perform on late night TV shows or the BBMAs? They're above that and clearly that's where Gaga is going with her career. If you don't like that and want performances on WWHL or the Kid's choice awards or whatever, go stan Melania Marques or Camala Caballo or whatever.

yes and
4 hours ago, SpicyTomato said:

I think she's done a phenomenal job with everything that's happened, especially with the concert with the United Nations.

If things calm down next year I'm sure we'll get an EP to promote the tour.

lol what
what's the point to promote 8 concerts where all the tickets will be bought by her fans anyway? 

Did you think I'd show up in a limousine? No

freebit

It's more boring and uneventful than anything else.

The only thing messy about it is the fans meltdowns.:excuseu:

Now ARTPOP...THAT was a messy era. In fact, I don't even know how you can ask this question if you experienced the ARTPOP era in real time. There was a mess like, everyday. :smh:

Jose P

Uneventful is not the same as messy. So no, it hasn’t been messy. The only messy things happened towards the beginning with stuff leaking left and right. But after the release I would say it’s been pretty smooth, just not very eventful. If you want messy check the ARTPOP era.

2020 has been the worst year to hit this planet since they brought the curtain down on WW2. Messy is quite an achievement.

Archived