💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Being ripped off for Gaga items

Featured Posts

So after today I've had a rethink, not that anybody cares but I've decided that i refuse to pay £100+ for any Gaga items (excluding the BTW box set) I just think so many people take advantage of situations where they assume an item is rare and they charge ridiculous prices for it and it's just unfair.

Examples:

SL and ROM picture disc, cassette and cd: On Gaga's site they ranged from $1.99-9.99 now on eBay they go for $40-199

Old magazines: Most magazines are between $3.99-10.99 but as years have gone (not even that old ones) are going for £50

7 vinyls: Literally my Telephone one originally was £1.99 also the MTN was £9.99 and now goes for +£200

I don't mean to complain here and no one is forcing to me or anyone to buy them.

Whats the most you've been ripped off for a Gaga item? Do you regret it?

Married the Night

Things go up in value after they are no longer made or available. Either they are worth what they are selling for to you or they aren’t. But that doesn’t change their value, unfortunately. That just means you likely won’t ever own certain items. And if you’re okay with that then awesome. 

Stephen

I mean it's their prerogative to sell their belongings for any price they want.  :shrug:  I don't see it as a rip off because no one's tricking you, you're free to do your own research. I agree with you though I definitely would not buy overpriced merch but there's not much we can do about getting them to lower the price. It is what it is :mark:

8 minutes ago, Stephen said:

I mean it's their prerogative to sell their belongings for any price they want.  :shrug:  I don't see it as a rip off because no one's tricking you, you're free to do your own research. I agree with you though I definitely would not buy overpriced merch but there's not much we can do about getting them to lower the price. It is what it is :mark:

I guess, without trying to sound like an angel if i were to sell any of my Gaga items (i never would lol) i wouldn't sell to others for a crazy price but thats just me.

PopEmergency

The only situation where your logic applies in my opinion is for items that came out like a day ago and people buy them just to sell them directly after (scalpers).

For example:

Playstation 5 preorder was 399€ / 499€ depending on the model, sold out after minutes. Many people (and probably bots) bought them with the intention to make a profit off of someone else

Same day: they started to pop up on ebay für 3 - 4 times the original price.

JazzGa

Some people have a lot of money and $100 is like burrito money to them :shrug: Some people spend what little they have like fools cuz they love the rush. Not my place to judge!  

Personally I've never paid more than around $50 for merch! Vinyl and cassette collecting is a great investment to make right now though!

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

Diamonster

I’m so upset about how much the price for the stupid love vinyl got inflated, I want it so bad and I missed out on it, and now it’s like $200, but I don’t understand why the ROM one is way cheaper, when it was the same basically

Grigio Guy
1 hour ago, Diamonster said:

I’m so upset about how much the price for the stupid love vinyl got inflated, I want it so bad and I missed out on it, and now it’s like $200, but I don’t understand why the ROM one is way cheaper, when it was the same basically

https://merc.li/Svdbd9Meb

i just found it for 80 bucks!

Religion is a product to sell.

Reject False Icons

It’s bothering but as I said in other threads, Gaga is going to be a collectors artist, having released a ton of rare stuff in her early years, and then rarely selling something outside the  normal, re-releasing a whole record and having a long career with a devoted fan base all contribute to her stuff to sky rocket in price 

22 hours ago, Diamonster said:

I've seen one quite cheap on eBay UK, I also think ROM is cheaper cause they did a second drop after the VMAS. 

20 hours ago, IndyMelissa said:

Im about to sell my kidney on the black market for a Joanne Pink Vinyl....

The cheapest one I've seen is about $300+ :giveup: Hopefully with UO doing these coloured Gaga vinyls they'll do a different variant of pink with Joanne and make all of us who've paid stupid prices feel stupid lol. But i feel you, i can't wait to feel stupid after spending so much on the BTW box set :bradley:

bluemonkey
On 10/14/2020 at 4:27 PM, JOSHMATICA said:

I guess, without trying to sound like an angel if i were to sell any of my Gaga items (i never would lol) i wouldn't sell to others for a crazy price but thats just me.

I get the concept of making money...I mean Gaga’s team robs us so many times. Her merch is priced three times the value it actually is (of course I get that it’s how they make back their money since album sales don’t bring in much revenue compare to touring) but sometimes you look at the material and you think “did I really paid $100 for some iron-on T-shirts?” That recent chromatica box set really spells out “we just want your money and get rid of extra stock just repackaged!”

bluemonkey

Also seeing the prices of the fame usb now makes me so thankful I had bought it years ago for $50. How stupid of me back then to think I paid so much for a USB but it’s so cute! 

Archived