Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Bill Burr Belittles Gay People And Says Pride Month Is Too Long

RRR

Featured Posts

21 minutes ago, shoful said:

Lol it was just a joke

Republicans will pick up on any "joke" against gays and turn it into a longstanding attack against them. They're desperate for "acceptable" terminology to parade around in public, as outright hating gays is no longer socially accepted. Gay people being accepted is still very fresh and Republicans are still looking for new reasons to hate them.

Also, this comedian is pitting gay people against black people, and his premise is that gay rights are somehow infringing upon the rights of black people. Of course a creepy 50 year old cis white man makes this joke :huntyga:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, LadyGoo said:

Also, this comedian is pitting gay people against black people, and his premise is that gay rights are somehow infringing upon the rights of black people. Of course a creepy 50 year old cis white man makes this joke :huntyga:

I agree that was problematic, as well as kind of erasing the struggles women (white included lol) face in modern day, diminishing Me Too movement, etc. 

This was neither homophobic nor belittling but very Bill Burr 😂😂😂

Bill Burr's MO is the white guy that will point out, question and tear down the most random BS he sees-- no matter the race, country, culture or sub-culture. You can say he shouldn't do that bc he's not part of said culture but ...Points were made 😂😂😂

"She's an intellectual, your honor"

Meruk Holland

I don't think it was offensive, but it wasn't funny. It was humorous with the comparison of June for Pride being a big party and Feb for Black History being depressing (and kinda overshadowed by Valentine's Day imo). Humorous, but not funny. 

29 minutes ago, LadyGoo said:

Republicans will pick up on any "joke" against gays and turn it into a longstanding attack against them. They're desperate for "acceptable" terminology to parade around in public, as outright hating gays is no longer socially accepted. Gay people being accepted is still very fresh and Republicans are still looking for new reasons to hate them.

1) you really think June vs Feb is the joke Reps are gonna run with?

2) there is no pitting blacks against gays. He's making an ironic observation. If you wanna be real...rationally, June really should be our month bc of Juneteenth. It has always been questionable how Black History month is the shortest month but it actually grew out of the original Negro History Week (2nd wk of February). Having said that...it's a joke ffs.

26 minutes ago, weed said:

I agree that was problematic, as well as kind of erasing the struggles women (white included lol) face in modern day, diminishing Me Too movement, etc. 

He didn't erase any struggles or bring up Me Too at all -- what are you talking about? 

"She's an intellectual, your honor"

5 hours ago, Suuus said:

Yah its so funny to act as if gays never had any struggles ya so funny not

My thoughts exactly, the premise of his joke is not correct and is based on a popular stance that gay people do not struggle :saladga: Which is wildly incorrect and not factually accurate. His joke relies on the audience accepting that gay people do not suffer due to their sexuality, which I think is why the audience hesitated when he told it, because I think the audience didn't agree with him there.

This is of course just another cis white man with a huge blind spot telling another dad joke :huntyga:

Born This Way

It wasn't offensive but also wasn't funny. I have 0 time for old straight white cis male comedians "tearing down" anything. 

Avada Kedavra I speak to destroy

Agunimon

You guys need to lighten up. It was a setup to a punch line (which I didn't particularly find funny) about how Black History month gets less days than gay pride. It's a pretty common joke formula Bill Burr does.

Archived