Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Rihanna on new album: 'I just want to have fun with music'

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

Rihanna told AP for her new album she’s already held “tons of writing camps” — where songwriters are put into groups to create original tracks for artists.

Now, she said she’s asked herself the questions: “What do I feel personally? What do I want to put out, and as an artist, how do I want to play it with my art? How do I want to interpret that?”

“How do I want to reimagine it because it’s been so structured before.”
“You do pop, you did this genre, you do that, you do radio, but now it’s just like, what makes me happy? I just want to have fun with music. Everything is so heavy. The world that we live in is a lot. It’s overwhelming every single day. And with the music, I’m using that as my outlet.”
“I want to go on tour but I can’t, so I’m stuck with music that I love, and now I’m trying to figure out how I can even create visuals to that,” she said. “That’s a challenge as well. But I love challenges so, you know, I’m gonna get it done.”

source

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Infinity Wave

The fact they call her "recording artist" in the video must be such a joke for her fans :rip:

Colourful

Stephen

So she basically admitting her previous work has been calculated and designed for radio, trends etc. and now she's finally tired of that? :bear:

She's so funny talking about "her art" in the same breath that she admits having TONS of writing camps. What is the truth rih rih?

Spoiler

I sound like a hater but I actually can't wait for her album :billie: I love her music

Curunir

I completely agree with her approach and I love how aware she is about the whole thing.

Artists aren't products and shouldn't be treated as such. I know it's been a while since she's released music, but she should be able to release new records on her terms and her terms only. After all, at this point in her career, it's more than earned/deserved.

That being said, I can't wait to hear some new tunes from her :giveup:

Stream Chromatica's 4th official single Fun Tonight (feat. Rihanna) on Spotify soon

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

Teletubby
1 minute ago, Stephen said:

So she basically admitting her previous work has been calculated and designed for radio, trends etc. and now she's finally tired of that?

her Smile is coming :bear:

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

SHALLOW
2 minutes ago, Stephen said:

So she basically admitting her previous work has been calculated and designed for radio, trends etc. and now she's finally tired of that? :bear:

She's so funny talking about "her art" in the same breath that she admits having TONS of writing camps. What is the truth rih rih?

Reveal hidden contents

I sound like a hater but I actually can't wait for her album :billie: I love her music

Totally agree

SHALLOW
1 minute ago, Red said:

Stream Chromatica's 4th official single Fun Tonight (feat. Rihanna) on Spotify soon

:bear: no

Just now, SHALLOW said:

:bear: no

Yes

b777baffca3feede3a667582a3ed5011.jpg

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

Curunir
1 minute ago, Stephen said:

I mean, that's not necessarily a bad thing and it doesn't have to mean she didn't have input into what goes out with her name plastered on. She just had a lot of collaborators :sweat:

But I actually liked how she mentioned the writing camps, it's not something to be ashamed of in my opinion. She's just being open and honest and I'm here for it :flutter:

Archived