⚔️ CHROMATICA OUT NOW ⚔️

🎃 The October fan mail is here! 🎃
Sign in to follow this  
society

Super Healthy 19 Year Old Dies of COVID 19

Quark
Posted (edited)

o<(0_0)>o

A “super healthy” 19-year-old who contracted COVID-19 died of serious neurological complications from the disease after returning to college.

Chad had returned to school, living off-campus and taking online classes, when he started developed flu-like symptoms. His mother persuaded him to come home, quarantine and get tested for COVID-19, the university’s chancellor, Sheri Everts, wrote in a message to students on Tuesday. Chad ended up testing positive on Sept. 7.

After 10 days in quarantine at home in Wallburg, North Carolina, Chad went back to Boone. But he soon developed severe neurological complications from the virus.

“When he tried to get out of bed his legs were not working, and my brother had to carry him to the car and take him to the emergency room,” David said. “The doctor said it was a one-in-a-million case — that they’d never seen something progress the way it did. It was a COVID complication that rather than attacking his respiratory system attacked his brain.”

Chad’s family brought him to Forsyth Medical Center in Winston-Salem, and at 8 p.m. on Sept. 28 they removed him from life support. Dr. Colin McDonald, chair of neurology at the hospital, said the staff was “devastated” to lose Chad.

https://people.com/health/college-student-dies-coronavirus-complications/

Edited by Quark
  • Shook 11
  • Sad 38
  • Thanks 1

weed

omg attacked his brain instead, I hope it was truly 1 in a million. That's horrible... RIP to him.

• Like 12
  • Shook 1

MJHolland

one of the many taken too soon, rip :heart:

Go to iwillvote.com and make a plan to vote TODAY!

Adakam

Im guessing he had some specific genetic mutation that made the virus grab onto his brain?

Hope the family allows for some studies to be made on him, just to make sure its not some weird strain or something.

• Like 8
  • Shook 1

Lion Heart

Oh my God :ohno: 

Cases like this is what gives me some anxiety about this virus.

RIP.

• Like 14

TimisaMonster
Posted (edited)

Omg wtf???? :wtfga: Attacked his brain?!?! Poor kid this is both extremely scary and disturbing! People have the nerve to say this is a normal virus...:saladga:

Edited by TimisaMonster
Listen to my new single "Dance in the Flames" on 10/24/20 - Sapphire Phoenix
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Daylight Jokers
Posted (edited)

Inb4 that Flowring user comes here and say, 'bUT iT's aN IsOLatED CaSe!1111" a****inggain

Hope he (Chad) rests in peace.

Edited by Daylight Jokers
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 4
  • Thanks 9

Twitter

AND WE STILL have ignorant people walking around thinking their immortal.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 5

CHROMATICON

This virus is truly smart. I hope this really is  aone in a million case and that it was caused due to some specific gen that mad the virus attack the brain. If a new strain that attacks the brain is going around then I think we should be really, REALLY concerned and cautious, even way. more. 

Hoping he's resting in peace and wishing nothing but love and light to Chad's family. 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 7

Katsuki Bakugo

RIP YOUNG SOUL! 

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

Cybertronica

Truly awful. Just when I thought that it couldn't get worse. Wonder what excuse certain members will try to come up with now. 

dolce vita

This is terrifying.

blackpink in chromatica

Chromatography

attacked his brain? wtf. i fvcking hate this